Why Steven Pienaar is as good as anyone..

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
Pienaar has for me been one of the under-rated players of the past two seasons. Only recently people have recognized exactly how good he is. Terrific player, and it will not be long before one of the money bags come in for him.

No but I think people saying he plays behind the striker are wrong, that's Cahill's position hence why he scores more goals, Pienaar plays LM or CM and links up brilliantly with anyone around him. His first touch, and ability to leave a player standing is immense.

Sounds exactly like Modric lol

Pienaar does not play in the hole behind the striker, he plays as LM but is an inside forward, that is why him and baines work so well, the incutting winger like pienaar then you have baines bombing up the wing, providing crosses, pienaar is such a hardworking player, awareness is great, and is very intelligent, one of if not our best player IMO

He's good. Wouldn't say world class though.
We will see if he goes somewhere like Inter or Bayern, I think he would fit in perfectly as long as they didn't just use him as a versatile squad player.

We will see if he goes somewhere like Inter or Bayern, I think he would fit in perfectly as long as they didn't just use him as a versatile squad player.

If he went to inter, he be just like Muntari, a squad player, he is good, but not world class.

If he went to inter, he be just like Muntari, a squad player, he is good, but not world class.
Which is exactly why he should either go to a club with his ambitions that are going to appreciate him, or he should stay at Everton and be a star. He is quickly becoming one of my favourite ever Toffees.

Would prefer Modric ahead of him, but I still think he's quality. Everton have a really nice midfield.

Overrated? Underrated if you ask me, I really like Pienaar at Everton but what you have to realise is, if people like Bayern & Inter come in for him like it's rumoured, you can't expect him to stay at Everton, but if he goes to Tottenham or Arsenal, :'(

Doubt he'll be anywhere near Tottenham with the amount of midfielders we have here.

Doubt he'll be anywhere near Tottenham with the amount of midfielders we have here.

For Some reason though, Redknapp said he wants to add more flair players despite Kranjcar, Dos Santos etc... not getting a look in :s

If by flair player, he means giant clunky man-bear Dzeko, then I agree with him.

For Some reason though, Redknapp said he wants to add more flair players despite Kranjcar, Dos Santos etc... not getting a look in :s
Yeah I don't get this, I didn't think you needed VDV, certainly don't need Pienaar now. But once more, let's not make it into a Spurs thread.

Yeah I don't get this, I didn't think you needed VDV, certainly don't need Pienaar now. But once more, let's not make it into a Spurs thread.

Sorry mate, it sort of was still about Pienaar, about him coming to us then i said we dont need him but redknapp wants him.

He is a fantastic player indeed and is very consistant, but the only top side i could see him starting for is Arsenal.

He is a fantastic player indeed and is very consistant, but the only top side i could see him starting for is Arsenal.
He would walk into Liverpool's side, as he would United if you ask me.

He would walk into Liverpool's side, as he would United if you ask me.

Not sure if you would class Liverpool as a top side anymore :S

Plus, most players would walk into there side nowdays, they have ******* Konchesky playing for them :S

Back