Why Steven Pienaar is as good as anyone..

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
He would walk into Liverpool's side, as he would United if you ask me.
he could do a very good job for us, but he wouldnt walk in on the left, unless giggs was out

he could do a very good job for us, but he wouldnt walk in on the left, unless giggs was out
See I know Giggs is an all time great and arguably the best Premiership player to date, but he is getting on and I think Pienaar would do a great job for you on the left hand side, with Evra.

Last edited:
He could possibly get in the Chelsea side i believe on the right side of the front 3. That is something i think we are lacking a proper right sided attaking player.

See I know Giggs is an all time great and arguably the best Premiership player to date, but he is getting on and I think Pienaar would do a great job for you on the left hand side, with Evra.
when giggs finally goes then yeah, but right now, i'd still have giggs, but id still want steven on the bench

He's not better than Nasri (IMO), which is who we play on the left most times...
Personally can't see him starting for us.

He's not better than Nasri (IMO), which is who we play on the left most times...
Personally can't see him starting for us.
He's not restricted to the left hand side, he's pretty both footed, effective anywhere across the midfield.

See I know Giggs is an all time great and arguably the best Premiership player to date, but he is getting on

Giggs still is a quality player. Pienaar is very, very good (as much as I hate to say it). Should stay at Everton to me rather than become a squad player in a big side.

He's not restricted to the left hand side, he's pretty both footed, effective anywhere across the midfield.
Fair enough, could possibly get on our right if Walcott went upfront, but again I wouldn't put him ahead Walcott either.

This entire thread is a sham. Pienaar is tbh the most pointless player I have ever seen in a spurs shirt. He does and contributes nothing to the team except sideways passes. 70k a week is laughable.

Modric and Pienaar in the same team doesn't seem like it'll ever work, too similar. Another one of 'Arry's midfielders, imagine if Adam was signed too.

Modric and Pienaar in the same team doesn't seem like it'll ever work, too similar. Another one of 'Arry's midfielders, imagine if Adam was signed too.

Pienaar is like a very very poor man's Modric. He has the same build yet doesn't posses half of Modric's talent and passing ability.

Pienaar is like a very very poor man's Modric. He has the same build yet doesn't posses half of Modric's talent and passing ability.

That must be why he seemed like a God in Everton's team ;)

I see this in 2 ways really. I never really thought he would get many games at Spurs anyway which is why i am convinced he joined Spurs because they offered him more. I honestly thought he would get more minutes at a club who didnt have a natural right winger, wish he joined Chelsea but i think Spurs wasted money on him and he has wasted 6 months of his carrer. Should get out in the summer, it would be best for player and club.

Also Krancjar is better than him. Don't understand it.

You know 'Arry... You can never 'ave enough midfielders.

I personally have been singing his praises for the last two seasons now, watching the lad week in week out. I am yet to find a player more consistent, more hard-working, more technically able, yet so loyal to a club, which let's be honest he is much bigger than.

I'd say Fernando Torres is all of these things, especially the consistent and loyal part.

I see this in 2 ways really. I never really thought he would get many games at Spurs anyway which is why i am convinced he joined Spurs because they offered him more. I honestly thought he would get more minutes at a club who didnt have a natural right winger, wish he joined Chelsea but i think Spurs wasted money on him and he has wasted 6 months of his carrer. Should get out in the summer, it would be best for player and club.

i dont know why he didnt go chelsea, they actually needed him

i dont know why he didnt go chelsea, they actually needed him

That was my point at the time. I remember saying he would definatly get more games at Chelsea than he would at Spurs. I am 100% sure he moved to Spurs through money. He wanted 70k and Chelsea wouldnt give him that much, he also said he was more impressed with Redknapp when he met him than Ancelotti and when asked Ancelotti said i have never met Pienaar. Obioviously its Pienaar's word against Ancelotti's but going on what i know Ancelotti tells the truth to the media.

Pienaar is a pointless signing for Spurs when they have Kranjcar on bench. He was playing so well at Everton and looks like a championship quality at Spurs. Good that we didn't bother signing him..

Pienaar signed for Spurs for money, nothing about more ambition. We would not offer him 70k a week which he consistently requested. Bit of a contradiction considering he constantly tells us that if it wasn't for football he'd be dead in South Africa, so why ask for ridiculous money that Everton could never give?

Anyway, i have seen him for Spurs and he just looks out of place. In a non-biased opinion Baines made him look good at time tbh, Baines and him linking up was immense!

Back