Why we must savour the rare English delicacy that is Jack Wilshere

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 4K
I was just wondering what kind of shape we'll take at the next world cup. Probably something along the lines of this:​

Hart
Richards - Smalling - Cahill - Gibbs
Rodwell
Wilshere - McEachran
Walcott - Rooney - Rose​

It's a good bunch of youngsters we've got, come to think of it. Let's hope they can fulfil their potential and not fall to one of the two normal curses of English youngsters: Injury or vanity.​

Tom Cleverley instead of Rose, then its a good young team. In few years time many will hear more about Matt James U19 Captain. Very good young player.

Is Phil Jones at Blackburn English?

If he is then he will surely be in the england reckoning with those others mentioned above

Is Phil Jones at Blackburn English?

If he is then he will surely be in the england reckoning with those others mentioned above

He is, and he should be.. But almost certainly not in the first team..He's naturally a CB, but Allerdyce is playing him higher up the field to get him more playing time, feel he may have to move to a big club if he's to put himself in contention (But he probably will have in the next 4 years..)

And also, What about Johnson, and Albrighton?

You realise just now how old Englands best players are getting.

Eeeh, you're all right of course. I'm forgetting about so many of them.

Hart
Richards - Smalling - Jones - Gibbs
Rodwell
Wilshere - McEachran
Albrighton - Rooney - Johnson

I'm still ambivalent towards Albrighton. I love him and all, but this could just be a purple patch. Still, let's hope I'm wrong.

Eeeh, you're all right of course. I'm forgetting about so many of them.

Hart
Richards - Smalling - Jones - Gibbs
Rodwell
Wilshere - McEachran
Albrighton - Rooney - Johnson ]

I'm still ambivalent towards Albrighton. I love him and all, but this could just be a purple patch. Still, let's hope I'm wrong.

Agbonlahor? Young? Milner? Ramsey?I'd say more like

---------------Hart-----------------------
Richards-Smalling-Rodwell-Gibbs

-------------Wilshere-Ramsey------
Young---------------------------------Milner 4-4-2 Tweaked
-----------Agbonlahor--Rooney-------------

The word is that everton are trying to morph rodwell into a CB because of his height and build, we would also have decent backup in Adam Johnson etc

I really hope man city dont rotate johnson too much as he gets older, he could well be the best english player for many years. Also, in 4 years time, I'd still expect milner to be in the england team despite the introduction of rodwell, wilshire, cleverly, mceachran et al

@ MrJack41

ramsey is welsh..

Agbonlahor? Young? Milner? Ramsey?I'd say more like

---------------Hart-----------------------
Richards-Smalling-Rodwell-Gibbs

-------------Wilshere-Ramsey------
Young---------------------------------Milner
-----------Agbonlahor--Rooney-------------

The word is that everton are trying to morph rodwell into a CB because of his height and build, we would also have decent backup in Adam Johnson etc

Ramsey is welsh

Thread has gone from Wilshere to potential future England teams.

Possible future England team:

-----------------Hart-----------------
Richards Cahill Jones Gibbs
---------Rodwell Thudd--------
Johnson Wilshere Milner
-------------Rooney------------

looks fairly strong on paper. the main concern for me is the DM position. I really hope Rodwell turns into a proper Makelele type player as we seriously miss one

if wilshere keeps progressing well, he could turn into a proper playmaker, operating between the lines, a little bit like Ozil perhaps.

What a load of old tosh, Protect Jack, surely he needs to be a real player, he needs to be exposed to media hype, tension and quite frankly kicked into row z a few times. He needs to become a man, so he can last with real players, not just the footballing sides, but all sides.

This is just utter ****. TBH if he doesnt turn out world class, we still got enough with out him.

Lets be honest though, he wont be world class... I mean seriously, he's decent, but none of you would give a **** if he wasn't English. How come whenever anyone young does anything remotely decent everyone goes mental? Its this mentality that created the whole "Golden Generation" bullshit - just because a player is English and young and not complete bollocks doesn't make him the next Zidane, however much any of you seem to wish they were.
Wilshire, Gosling, Rodwell... Maybe if people stopped overhyping any decent young English player and actually let them develop people wouldn't get disappointed when half of them flop and turn out to be ****, and people wouldn't get disappointed when half of them turn out decent but don't live up to "world class" expectation, like Wilshire most likely will.

What a load of old tosh, Protect Jack, surely he needs to be a real player, he needs to be exposed to media hype, tension and quite frankly kicked into row z a few times. He needs to become a man, so he can last with real players, not just the footballing sides, but all sides.

This is just utter ****. TBH if he doesnt turn out world class, we still got enough with out him.

...what the **** are you on? You're insane. How the **** does media hype, tension and "being kicked kicked into row z" POSSIBLY enhance a player?

Let me get this straight. You're saying you want the media to build him up to unattainable heights, as well as on-field players to basically go out there to injure him. You're saying you want one of the brightest young talents in England to be kicked off the pitch, right?

Lets be honest though, he wont be world class... I mean seriously, he's decent, but none of you would give a **** if he wasn't English. How come whenever anyone young does anything remotely decent everyone goes mental? Its this mentality that created the whole "Golden Generation" bullshit - just because a player is English and young and not complete bollocks doesn't make him the next Zidane, however much any of you seem to wish they were.
Wilshire, Gosling, Rodwell... Maybe if people stopped overhyping any decent young English player and actually let them develop people wouldn't get disappointed when half of them flop and turn out to be ****, and people wouldn't get disappointed when half of them turn out decent but don't live up to "world class" expectation, like Wilshire most likely will.

Really? 'Cause I'm a pessimist, and I reckon Wilshere could well be world class. Canales isn't English, and I think he'll be world class too. We're excited because Wilshere's a type of player we don't produce often, and a good one at that.

So you're saying the Golden Generation never turned out to be world class players? That Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Beckham et al were not and are not world class? We expected them to become world class and they did. How they performed in the national team is a completely seperate matter.

You all complain about the media overhyping players, but that's exactly what you're doing here... :S

Funny how everyone keeps saying things like "I agree with this article, we need to cherish him" and what not then a few hours later it's "it's good that he likes to get stuck in". This is what the article is talking about, the fact that English players 'like to get stuck in' at the expense of technical ability. Wilshere should, in my opinion, let others around him do the 'get stuck in' and stick to being a very good footballer. I'm sure when they were in their teens, Xavi and Iniesta weren't being told to put themselves about and not let their size be a factor in lunging into a challenge. Spain are the pinnacle of world football and they let their most gifted players do the football-ing, and players like Busquets (who, I might add, still isn't a bad footballer) do the water carrying. If he is to develop into the world class player we all hope for, then he needs to stick to being a footballer NOT trying to be a Patrick Vieira.

Back