whys removal of shirt a bookable offence?

gametime

Reaction score
i just finished watching stuttgart ****** a late equaliser against dortmund, and couldnt figure out why when a player celebrates and removes his shirt,is he automatically booked? It cant be offensive to people watching because its done after the game any way? Anybody know the official rule?

possibly rude to the fans if they have a rude tattoo on their stomach :p. Might just be fair play though

Seems nuts to me.

Although why you take your shirt off is also a mystery.

I think it might be similar to the reason you get booked if you run and celebrate right in front of the opposition fans - it's just rubbing it in.

Although I don't really agree, I'm not massively bothered.

It's to do with Sponsorship apparently. When a player scores he's on camera showing off his Nike kit sponsored by Fly Emirates and whatever and if he removes his shirt off and reveals his pigeon like chest the sponsor loses the air time so I believe.

Im not sure. Maybe they think it incites man love in the stands. oO)

Piquionne just got sent off for scoring the winner against Everton and jumping into the crowd to celebrate with fans..

Ridiculous.

EDIT: Wasn't the winner, but still a late goal.

I think it's classed as unsporting behavior.

If I remember correctly though these yellow cards came into place a few years back when teams had those shirts with two layers so when someone took it off after scoring they'd spend ages trying to figure out how to get dressed again.

It's to do with Sponsorship apparently. When a player scores he's on camera showing off his Nike kit sponsored by Fly Emirates and whatever and if he removes his shirt off and reveals his pigeon like chest the sponsor loses the air time so I believe.

shouldnt the clubs fine their players for this?

I thought it was something to do with the sponsor on the shirt always having to be shown?

Piquionne just got sent off for scoring the winner against Everton and jumping into the crowd to celebrate with fans..

Ridiculous.

exactly. Emotianal times for the fans and the players. I wanted to take my shirt off seeing dortmund draw so late.

They should only book those players with grotesque chest hair.

I remember hearing it was for Religious reasons, like certain religions don't like flesh being shown? I might sound wrong and a bit weird, but I think that might be it.

Ridiculous.

I remember hearing it was for Religious reasons, like certain religions don't like flesh being shown? I might sound wrong and a bit weird, but I think that might be it.

but they do it immediately after the match any ways?

Yer Timmsy123 is totally right, it is to do with sponsorship. Money talks im afraid and especially in football.