Wigan Ahtletic vs Chelsea (21/08/10)

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Wigan_athletic_new_badge.png

VS

chelsea_logo-300x299.jpg

Defending Barclays Premier League champions Chelsea face a trip to the DW Stadium to face Wigan Athletic in the late kick off today. Chelsea who started very brightly last weekend putting 6 past West Bromich Albion with last season Golden Boot winner Didier Drogba getting himself a hattrick, will be looking to make it two out of two tonight against a Wigan side who shipped 4 last weekend to newly promoted Blackpool in the shock of the opening weekend.

Chelsea who last season put 8 past Wigan Athletic at Stamford Bridge on the last day of the season to win the Premier League will be looking for more the same today, although the DW Stadium has proved a tricky place for the champions to go, in the same fixture last season, Wigan came out 3-1 winners and will hoping for a simular result today.

The game kicks off at 5:30 and is live on Sky Sports 2.

Team News:

Wigan Athletic:
Kirkland, Gohouri, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Thomas, Boselli, N'Zogbia, Rodallega, Figueroa, Stam, Diame

Subs:
Watson, Moses, Gomez, McArthur, Boyce Scotland, Al Habsi

Chelsea:
Cech, Ivanovic, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Drogba, Mikel, Malouda, Terry, Alex, Anelka

Subs:
Hilario, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Kalou, Aanholt, Borini

Match Prediction:

As much as I would like to see Chelsea drop points today, I cant see it happening. With an inform Drogba in there side, im going for a 0-3 victory for the champions with Drogba getting himself two and Lampard to get the other.

Last edited:
Hope its another 8-0, probalbly not tho 4-0 chelsea, Still no Ramires :S

I really do fear for Wigan here. If they play like they did last week against Blackpool, it may be a repeat of the 8-0 we saw last season, or even more.

Im worried about Wigans unpredictability. Knowing them they will probably play at their skin and get a win or a draw.

However, I shall remain optimistic. 0-2 Chelsea.

Nice OP btw mate

I have 4-0 Chelsea, Chelsea will own them, but i reckon Martinez will sort out the shocking defending vs Blackpool

I think a seperate thread for this would be good Redrup.

There will be lots of goals after all.

Wigan 0 - 4 Chelsea

Fat Frank to get a brace.

I am hoping for the 8-0 win off last season but I doubt it so 3 or 4 goals past Wigan would suffice

is it just me or does te DW Stadium only look full when United play their? lol

^^Stadium is always looks empty to me lol^^

My prediction is Chelsea will win this match easy and i think the scoreline could be around 3-0

Wigan have made a very good start actually.

Boselli looks **** though, for 6m.

Wigan Athletic have started the better but whether they are can keep this tempo up for the whole 90 minutes, i doubt it

chelsea need to liven up abit otherwise they could end up giving us another beating at the dw like last season

It's the same fee that Manchester United paid for Hernandez, I know who I'd rather have on my team.

It's the same fee that Manchester United paid for Hernandez, I know who I'd rather have on my team.

yeah but man utd and wigan are totally different teams mate wigan cant really bring in the players like hernandez can they

its way too early days to draw conclusions on either player

Prediction - Wigan 2-1 Chelsea
just like last season ;)

Back