Wigan Ahtletic vs Chelsea (21/08/10)

goal difference is going to be very important this season i feel, and you always want that extra cushion

I agree 100%, it is a nice cushion, but if Man City win 1-0 or 6-0, ill be happy either way

Thats because Man City haven't had much to play for in recent years. If you were at the top it can be vital.

Balls. It doesn't get any easier for Chelsea.. West Brom and Wigan were both dreadful, but this win is more impressive than the one on the opening day imo, mainly just because 2 or 3 of the goals last week came from set pieces, at which West Brom didn't seem to have practised at any point that week... I will be very very surprised if Wigan stay up this season, i think they could do a Derby, and/or Charlton (i.e. get relegated twice in a row.) Having said that, you have to give credit where it's deserved for Chelsea, as much as i hate to say it, Ancelotti has got them playing really well, and i can't really use the "you're just buying the premiership" excuse anymore... But people were saying that Arsenal weren't that good against Blackpool, what was different in that game to this? Except Blackpool didn't dominate the first 20 minutes.

I agree 100%, it is a nice cushion, but if Man City win 1-0 or 6-0, ill be happy either way

i never said i wouldnt have been happy because i would have easily taken a 1-0 today especially after we lost 3-1 there last season. its just our goal difference is already +12 and towards the end of the season it counts towards another point.

Balls. It doesn't get any easier for Chelsea.. West Brom and Wigan were both dreadful, but this win is more impressive than the one on the opening day imo, mainly just because 2 or 3 of the goals last week came from set pieces, at which West Brom didn't seem to have practised at any point that week... I will be very very surprised if Wigan stay up this season, i think they could do a Derby, and/or Charlton (i.e. get relegated twice in a row.) Having said that, you have to give credit where it's deserved for Chelsea, as much as i hate to say it, Ancelotti has got them playing really well, and i can't really use the "you're just buying the premiership" excuse anymore... But people were saying that Arsenal weren't that good against Blackpool, what was different in that game to this? Except Blackpool didn't dominate the first 20 minutes.

Derby didn't get relegated twice mate.

any team that wins 6-0 deserves full credit mate and that goes to arsenal aswell as chelsea today. i agree with you that wigan will more than likely be relegated they look woeful at the back and i think blackpool will join them.

Don't try and start an argument please..

How exactly? There was nothing sinister in that.

Goal difference plays on your mind a lot more when your at the top and trying to win the league. Man City haven't had to worry about that as of yet.

Derby didn't get relegated twice mate.

No i know, i meant that only for Charlton, should have been clearer :$. I meant they could get 4/5 points this season if they continue how they are... sorry

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

How exactly? There was nothing sinister in that.

Goal difference plays on your mind a lot more when your at the top and trying to win the league. Man City haven't had to worry about that as of yet.

Taken back, misread it. Sorry.

No i know, i meant that only for Charlton, should have been clearer :$. I meant they could get 4/5 points this season if they continue how they are... sorry

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Taken back, misread it. Sorry.

oh right lol

i agree, Wigan and Blackpool are in serious danger of facing the drop already, Wigan more so in my opinion. You look at the teams fixtures and you just dont see where a win is coming for either side. West Ham will join them as well I reckon.

oh right lol

i agree, Wigan and Blackpool are in serious danger of facing the drop already, Wigan more so in my opinion. You look at the teams fixtures and you just dont see where a win is coming for either side. West Ham will join them as well I reckon.

Could well do. Mark Bright was criticising Grant today. Said they shouldn't have appointed him, he didn't win very many games, and wasn't a very good manager essentially XD. It's a pity for West Ham, for some bizarre reason i have a sort of affection for them, so i don't really want to see them go down. Maybe it's because of their history, and players like Bobby Moore, and Geoff Hurst.

My God Wigan conceded 10 goals in two games. Are they horrible or what?

Yeah, aswell as Aston Villa.

Was a good game though, Drogba's statement about him being at his best is looking good, dissapointed that Ramires hasn't shown his face yet. :(

he only trained 1 day this week mate(friday) he will be in the squad for next saturday against stoke.

the first half was very patchy I thought, but the second was fantastic. A very deserved win for the mighty blues! (H)

Difference is when Chelsea play under Ancelotti and Wilkins, they aren't defensive, even when they are 3-0 up, they don't try and defend, they just want more.

Watch out Stoke.

we should do yes, will we? prob not. each game is different.

What Ryab, You honestly beileve we should win 6-0 away from home in the Premier League? These have been to great performance from chelsea. which no doubt makes them the team to beat and catch so far this season, Lets just see where we all are come may, then we can argue like little children.

Back