• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Midfielder Jack Wilshere looks set to miss England's friendly with the Netherlands on 10 August after suffering an ankle injury in an Arsenal pre-season match.

More...

Big miss but...... Josh McEachran!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who?

Just kidding with you.

Don't think it's a big loss for England as there are other players who can fill in for him but it's a mighty blow to Arsenal.

Big miss but...... Josh McEachran!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts as well, but maybe a call up too soon, would like him to get some regular games first, maybe the november internationals?

Who?

Just kidding with you.

Don't think it's a big loss for England as there are other players who can fill in for him but it's a mighty blow to Arsenal.

Definitely a blow for England

My thoughts as well, but maybe a call up too soon, would like him to get some regular games first, maybe the november internationals?

Yer maybe, i thought he should have gone to the U21 tournement and we lacked that creativity in midfield. Would be a outsider but what a big confidence boost it will be for the lad.

Definitely a blow for England

I disagree, it's only a friendly so to speak anyway. There is still a handfull of central midfielders too choose from for one game and I don't suppose Jacks absents is going to effect his chances of getting in the next squad very much.

Not that big a blow for Arsenal. Wenger says he could be out for 10 days - and nothing appears to be torn etc. - so he misses Benfica (maybe) + England, then should be ready come Aug 13th.

I disagree, it's only a friendly so to speak anyway. There is still a handfull of central midfielders too choose from for one game and I don't suppose Jacks absents is going to effect his chances of getting in the next squad very much.

Carrick, and against a side like Holland it is. Friendly or not you still want to win it

Carrick, and against a side like Holland it is. Friendly or not you still want to win it

Carrick would to me be the obvious replacement but you also have the likes of Gareth Barry (not his biggest fan), Scotty parker who'd do well paired with anyone in the England midfield in my opinion. I still think that although it's a loss, it's not that bigger loss.

Carrick would to me be the obvious replacement but you also have the likes of Gareth Barry (not his biggest fan), Scotty parker who'd do well paired with anyone in the England midfield in my opinion. I still think that although it's a loss, it's not that bigger loss.

Barry and Parker's passing game isnt even close to what wilshere can do

What about your favourite player? Jordan Henderson! ;)

Could be a blessing for England I think - give us a chance to rotate and look at other options. Think that's been one of our problems in recent years... relying on X formation with X players and not functioning properly without those players.

Please don't say the word 'paired' when talking about the England central midfield. It gives me shivers... use nice happy words like 'trio' or 'minus Gareth Barry'.

Please don't say the word 'paired' when talking about the England central midfield. It gives me shivers... use nice happy words like 'trio' or 'minus Gareth Barry'.

Rumours on twitter are saying that Gaz Barry will be used as the more advanced player in a FOR 4 TOO alongside Jermaine Jenas.

We're going to pwn the creators of Total Football. oO)

Rumours on twitter are saying that Gaz Barry will be used as the more advanced player in a FOR 4 TOO alongside Jermaine Jenas.

Haha.

I'm going to go and get some cyanide pills now just in case that's true.

What about your favourite player? Jordan Henderson! ;)

Could be a blessing for England I think - give us a chance to rotate and look at other options. Think that's been one of our problems in recent years... relying on X formation with X players and not functioning properly without those players.

Pass on JH!! Lol but i'd like to see Carrick there, or Thudd. Have a feeling it will be Lampard or Barry sadly

This better be like the rest of the twatter **** and be wrong, i will be distraught if this is the one time they get it right

Back