Wilshere could miss England match

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 4K
Pass on JH!! Lol but i'd like to see Carrick there, or Thudd. Have a feeling it will be Lampard or Barry sadly

Ooh, please let it be Barry and Thudd. I've been saying how hilarious having the two slowest midfielders in the world in the centre for England would be for ages.

Pass on JH!! Lol but i'd like to see Carrick there, or Thudd. Have a feeling it will be Lampard or Barry sadly

hmm - Parker and Thudd. The new De Jong and van Bommel? **** playing football!

B..b...but... It's Henderson!! How CAN you pass?

Carrick and Parker would be interesting. How would you play them? With Lampard ahead of them, and Parker in a (slightly) more adv. role?

So you guys still watch England games I take it?

I decided to stop after WC2010, really making a stand with my -1 viewership.

I'll watch them again when they get a coach that can speak better English and doesn't play systems that the media tells them to play.

I know I know it's ''pointless'' but I'm not going to forgive the FA for WC2010 and the past 2 Euro U-21 tournaments.

Fundamental problems with English Football and Wilshere/Carroll isn't going to fix everything...

I'm a pessimist, perhaps, or a realist...Make your own mind up.

It's Henderson!! How CAN you pass?

Exactly what Henderson's been trying to figure out his whole career in football.

Now let's see if anyone gets the pun...

hmm - Parker and Thudd. The new De Jong and van Bommel? **** playing football!

B..b...but... It's Henderson!! How CAN you pass?

Carrick and Parker would be interesting. How would you play them? With Lampard ahead of them, and Parker in a (slightly) more adv. role?

Parker and Carrick double pivot, Parker slightly ahead, but willing drop back when Carrick moves in possession

Rooney or Young playing in front of them

Parker and Carrick double pivot, Parker slightly ahead, but willing drop back when Carrick moves in possession

Rooney or Young playing in front of them

Ah yes. Ashley.

Yeah pretty much what I thought for the CM PARTNERSHIP.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Who the **** is Thudd?

T
om Hudd​lestone

Ah yes. Ashley.

Yeah pretty much what I thought for the CM PARTNERSHIP.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

T
om Hudd​lestone

Thudd, everything you need in a strong deep playmaker, except the ability to move

Last edited:
So you guys still watch England games I take it?

I decided to stop after WC2010, really making a stand with my -1 viewership.

I'll watch them again when they get a coach that can speak better English and doesn't play systems that the media tells them to play.

I know I know it's ''pointless'' but I'm not going to forgive the FA for WC2010 and the past 2 Euro U-21 tournaments.

Fundamental problems with English Football and Wilshere/Carroll isn't going to fix everything...

I'm a pessimist, perhaps, or a realist...Make your own mind up.

Past two Under 21? Pearce's recored reads semi final, final, group stages, so one disappointing tournament. Despite the many flaws in the game, we still have some players capable of playing very good possession football, just wish we would make them centre stage, we still have some very talented players coming through

Past two Under 21? Pearce's recored reads semi final, final, group stages, so one disappointing tournament. Despite the many flaws in the game, we still have some players capable of playing very good possession football, just wish we would make them centre stage, we still have some very talented players coming through

The 09 tournament was hardly 'dominant' with the players he had available, he had Germany down and out in the Group Stages until they came back thanks to horrible/lazy play. Can't use the excuse with U-21s that they're tired, we have talented players but if the coaching and system they get brought through with is wrong their talent will just be ruined.

So many English players get brought up learning how to play 40 yard passes, cross field or up to the big man. It's a joke and not enjoyable to watch, I don't doubt the young talent coming through like Barkley/Wickham/Wisdom/Mcceachran etc but I doubt the coaching, Pearce is not the right man. He's had long enough and got us nowhere, in fact we went backwards at the last tournament.

Possession football wise, I think the major flaw with English players like Henderson/Jones/Muamba/Smalling is their first touch is horrendous and they hit way too many long balls.

No way would Smalling hit as many 40 yard passes at MUFC as he did at the Euro's, difference?

Fergie tells him not to and Pearce probably encourages it.

Pearce/Capello out.

Put Scholes in charge of the U-21's next summer would be my dream move, then the next England manager post Capello better be Harry Redknapp.

If not Redknapp then I prey they don't give it to Hodgson.

We need to get our own identity that isn't kick and run football.

Anyway I'm ranting and starting to sound German.

Rumours on twitter are saying that Gaz Barry will be used as the more advanced player in a FOR 4 TOO alongside Jermaine Jenas.

We're going to pwn the creators of Total Football. oO)

We'll clearly win from running around the whole Holland team while they roll on the floor laughing at our team selection, obviously.

The ultimate joke would be Capello tempting David James/Sol Campbell out of International retirement to play in the rest of the Euro qualifiers.

Jamie, normally we agree on most things, but i disagree on your negative views.

In the last 8-10 years, there have been two thoughts on england, largely driven by ****** pundits and the Redtop media that seem to have become the general consensus. its a) we should knock over most teams easy cos we're Ingerland, or b) England are **** we will never amount to anything, the players arent that talented etc.

Neither are true, and it drives me up the wall. We're pretty decent nation, and for some reason cant see the middle ground its either one or the other. Very few people seem to want to step back and really analyse the situation, pundits and commentators would rather throw out lazy one liners, ( yes Adrian Chiles i'm talking about you, you smug little ****)

People are so obsessed with what we arent that they cant see what we are. By and large, our players are agressive, and they are fit, right from Terry to Rooney up top, and because of the nature of the English game, they like to hound the ball. We are never going to to short game maestros, and frankly we dont need to be , but we play a good medium game and have a core of players who can dictate the short game. Our own identity is staring us in the face. A semi counter-attacking aggressive pressing game relying on a midfield core that can play a short game and dictate the play through the middle, yet play the medium game down the flanks utilising the strengths of our fast pacy and dangerous intelligent flanks.

We need to stop lamenting that we arent someone else and play with what we are and realise we arent that bad, the sooner we do that the sooner we can actually get somewhere

Last edited:
Would've said Rodwell should get a shout, but a bit risky after his injuries last season.

The ultimate joke would be Capello tempting David James/Sol Campbell out of International retirement to play in the rest of the Euro qualifiers.

HEY! Sol Campbell is a good player and a fine athlete! None of that slander in a thread about an Arsenal player, thank you very much.

Would've said Rodwell should get a shout, but a bit risky after his injuries last season.

And his U21 Tournament...

HEY! Sol Campbell is a good player and a fine athlete! None of that slander in a thread about an Arsenal player, thank you very much.

And his U21 Tournament...

The injuries pretty much blighted his season and internationals. Could tell he was way below par. Tbh shouldn't have played in the U21's. Once he's recovered though, will be back to normal

Back