Wilshere fumes at ref after draw

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere criticises referee Phil Dowd in an angry tweet after his team throw away a 4-0 lead to draw at Newcastle.

More...

I doubt it's solely the ref's fault you lost a 4 goal lead in a match...

What the ****? The ref made very few mistakes in that match, the Masey bloke had a shocker but Dowd was solid. If anything it should have been 5-4 to Newcastle considering they had a goal called offside, which was so clearly not offside even Andy Gray's wife could have called it.

This is further proof that Arsenal moan, and moan and moan. Another reason they won't win the league, is because they feel sorry for themselves after everytime they lose a point, it's never their fault.

Another product of Wenger's school of sore losers...

somewhat pointless thread, since he took down the message and the rest of the story is basically a match report

somewhat pointless thread, since he took down the message and the rest of the story is basically a match report

Doesnt change the fact that he said it and yet again we have to endure the complaints of a team that expecting a Premier League title to be delivered to there doorstep every season with very little investment

Ref cost us the game as well as some fighting spirit from newcastle

Barton should have got a red as well as Diaby

1st pen wasn't a pen

2nd pen wasn't a pen

Phil Dowd --------->Newcastle Comeback

Doesnt change the fact that he said it and yet again we have to endure the complaints of a team that expecting a Premier League title to be delivered to there doorstep every season with very little investment

What has that got to do with anything?

Wilshere made one comment about refereeing inconsistency, and it's been blown out of all proportions. He said he didn't understand why Diaby was sent off, but Nolan wasn't - A fair point, I might add.

This isn't about whether Arsenal are going to win the league, or how much money we do spend on players,

Last edited by a moderator:

well I would rather be ******** myself if i threw a 4-0 lead away like that

Ref cost us the game as well as some fighting spirit from newcastle

Barton should have got a red as well as Diaby

1st pen wasn't a pen

2nd pen wasn't a pen

Phil Dowd --------->Newcastle Comeback

Most bias post ever? You missed out the offside decision against Best, although that would have proved you wrong, so I see why you did it (K)

Barton did nothing wrong.. Diaby was sent off for pushing over two players, 1 booking + 1 booking = red card. Diaby is terrible anyway, no idea why he was even playing.

If you think the first one wasn't a pen then you need to learn how to defend, that is not how you tackle a player with their back to goal in your own penalty area!

2nd one, you've got a point for that one but it is kind of cancelled out by the offside goal.

Phil Down = Good game
Masey = ******* **** game, but not a bias one.

Also on a side note, was Wilshere even playing? XD

typical arsenal, its never their fault, always has to be the opposition playing dirty or the ref siding with the opp.

Most bias post ever? You missed out the offside decision against Best, although that would have proved you wrong, so I see why you did it (K)

Barton did nothing wrong.. Diaby was sent off for pushing over two players, 1 booking + 1 booking = red card. Diaby is terrible anyway, no idea why he was even playing.

If you think the first one wasn't a pen then you need to learn how to defend, that is not how you tackle a player with their back to goal in your own penalty area!

2nd one, you've got a point for that one but it is kind of cancelled out by the offside goal.

Phil Down = Good game

Did you even watch the game?

Phil Down = Good game

Far from a biased post

Barton didnt do anything wrong LOL
He clattered into diaby and could have broke his leg his reaction deserved a red but so did barton's tackle

Lets not forget Nolan putting szczesny in a head lock

Also koscielny put pressure on best who decided to collapse

2nd pen was just a Joke cant say any more then that

im not begrudging Newcastles comeback just saying Phil Down had more then a helping hand in it

What has that got to do with anything?

Wilshere made one comment about refereeing inconsistency, and it's been blown out of all proportions. He said he didn't understand why Diaby was sent off, but Nolan wasn't - A fair point, I might add.

This isn't about whether Arsenal are going to win the league, or how much money we do spend on players,

to be fair, players and the manager i might add need to learn that even such small comments can be blown out of proportion as they obviously have a histroy of making such comments and the media would just love to inflame public opinion against Arsenal, it would have been better if Wilshere just kept his thoughts within the team

Far from a biased post

Barton didnt do anything wrong LOL
He clattered into diaby and could have broke his leg his reaction deserved a red but so did barton's tackle

Lets not forget Nolan putting szczesny in a head lock

Also koscielny put pressure on best who decided to collapse

2nd pen was just a Joke cant say any more then that

im not begrudging Newcastles comeback just saying Phil Down had more then a helping hand in it

Barton got the ball, Cleanly. Studs wern't up. How is that a red? Oh, I forgot, because Arsenal players aren't allowed to be tackled with any force or they cry. Diabys reaction was his fault, and no one elses, you cant grab players and push players two times and get away with it.

If Szczesny wasn't being a ****, and gave us the ball back instead of holding on to it, which by the way is pretty unsporting, then there wouldn't be any problems, but oh no, another Arsenal player being a ****, and it's not their fault.

The first pen, Your defender came from behind Best, missed the ball and clattered into the back of him. How is that not a Pen?

Second pen, wasn't a pen, but earlier we had scored a goal that was onside, but ruled out for offside, so I think that evens it out a bit. The ref didn't even give the second pen, it was the lineo, who indeed, had a shocking game, but considering he ruled out our Best goal, it's hard to say he was 'bias'.

Barton got the ball, Cleanly. Studs wern't up. How is that a red? Oh, I forgot, because Arsenal players aren't allowed to be tackled with any force or they cry. Diabys reaction was his fault, and no one elses, you cant grab players and push players two times and get away with it.

If Szczesny wasn't being a ****, and gave us the ball back instead of holding on to it, which by the way is pretty unsporting, then there wouldn't be any problems, but oh no, another Arsenal player being a ****, and it's not their fault.

The first pen, Your defender came from behind Best, missed the ball and clattered into the back of him. How is that not a Pen?

Second pen, wasn't a pen, but earlier we had scored a goal that was onside, but ruled out for offside, so I think that evens it out a bit. The ref didn't even give the second pen, it was the lineo, who indeed, had a shocking game, but considering he ruled out our Best goal, it's hard to say he was 'bias'.

Barton Clattered him and we went in with excessive force in the rule book that is a Red

As i said Diaby should have got sent off his reaction was over the top but understandable

Szczesny wasn't being a **** he was doing what sooo many Goal keepers do nowadays trying to kill time.That doesn't give Nolan the right to Put him in a headlock.

Best was put under minimal pressure and went over like a ton of brick. I swear this is England not spain.

Second pen wasn't a pen end of it doesn't really whether it evens it self out this is the Premier league not a game in the park.

Barton Clattered him and we went in with excessive force in the rule book that is a Red

As i said Diaby should have got sent off his reaction was over the top but understandable

Szczesny wasn't being a **** he was doing what sooo many Goal keepers do nowadays trying to kill time.That doesn't give Nolan the right to Put him in a headlock.

Best was put under minimal pressure and went over like a ton of brick. I swear this is England not spain.

Second pen wasn't a pen end of it doesn't really whether it evens it self out this is the Premier league not a game in the park.

It wasn't excessive force, it was his momentum which took him into Diaby. It wasn't the initial tackle. He won the ball cleanly, an excellent tackle and his momentum carried him into Diaby.

Funny how Diaby rolled around for 5 seconds clutching his leg then jumped up like a 'ard man and pushed around Barton and Nolan..

Also, I have to say I'm amazed Barton didn't react in the slightest. Can't believe he didn't knock him the **** out.

Of course this isn't at all bias...

Barton made a challenge on Arshavin at the end of the first half which deserved a booking as well IMO, Arshavin did a little "Zidane Turn" and Barton went right through him. His challenge on Diaby was very strong - he wins the ball, then goes right into Diaby - Silly reaction but I can understand why he did it considering what's happened to him with injuries. Silly reaction though, and deserved a red card, Barton deserved a yellow at least for that challenge - He knew what he was doing, OK he won the ball but he got most of the man as well. Nolan pushed Diaby, but no card for him.. Diaby gets sent off for two bookable offences...

Szczesney being a "****" has nothing to do with it... Every player time wastes, Newcastle time-wasted at the Emirates - It's what players do when they want to preserve a lead, Nolan put him in a headlock and shoved him to the ground - How is that different to Diaby? Two bookable offences = red card.

First pen, Koscielny didn't "clatter" Best at all, he was being a little clumsy and doesn't touch ball or man, under slight pressure, Best falls over and wins a penalty.

Second pen was never a penalty, everyone agrees on that so it's a moot point. You can't say it cancels out Best's goal, which was clearly onside as there were several other decisions that went against us.

The referee shouldn't just give a penalty because some dumbass lineo says it is, he didn't consult anyone else, didn't see it, and Newcastle were right back in with a chance.

Poor from Arsenal, poor from Dowd. Brilliant Second Half from newcastle, but that's not what this is about.