Wilshere fumes at ref after draw

But surely a red card does change the game..massively?

Yeah, but it wasn't a red card. This is what we're saying.. (Barton/Nolan - Diaby's was blatent.)

But surely a red card does change the game..massively?
it was a deserved red card, for TWO pushes. Not a refereeing error. and you could still have put up a defensive rearguard to him them on the counter with you bags of pace, instead the side showed less spine than a jellyfish

Yeah, but it wasn't a red card. This is what we're saying..

But if Utd fans are saying the refs decison wouldnt of influenced the result what about the dubious hand ball in the 70th or so minute. If that was given 2-2. result changed.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

it was a deserved red card, for TWO pushes. Not a refereeing error. and you could still have put up a defensive rearguard to him them on the counter with you bags of pace, instead the side showed less spine than a jellyfish

I mentioned on the last page how I dont understand how any team let alone one of the big four manages to throw away a four goal advantage regardless of men on the pitch.

But if Utd fans are saying the refs decison wouldnt of influenced the result what about the dubious hand ball in the 70th or so minute. If that was given 2-2. result changed.

The point we are making on this thread is that the referee didn't make as many errors as Arsenal fans are making out, and it didn't effect the result because Newcastle deserved it.

United fans were saying that, we should have had a penalty but we didn't deserve the win anyway so it doesn't matter that we didn't get it. Obviously we'd have liked it, but we didn't deserve anything from the game so no point moaning about it.

When we deserved to beat Birmingham an they scored the handball/offside goal in the last minute, we complained because we deserved the win and it cost us. This hasn't cost us because we didn't deserve it. Same with Arsenal.

The point we are making on this thread is that the referee didn't make as many errors as Arsenal fans are making out, and it didn't effect the result because Newcastle deserved it.

United fans were saying that, we should have had a penalty but we didn't deserve the win anyway so it doesn't matter that we didn't get it. Obviously we'd have liked it, but we didn't deserve anything from the game so no point moaning about it.

When we deserved to beat Birmingham an they scored the handball/offside goal in the last minute, we complained because we deserved the win and it cost us. This hasn't cost us because we didn't deserve it. Same with Arsenal.

Yeah, I understand. Any team that throws away four goals doesn't even warrant a point IMO.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

But saying referees decisons dont influence a game is wrong. In any game they do.

Yeah, I understand. Any team that throws away four goals doesn't even warrant a point IMO.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

But saying referees decisons dont influence a game is wrong. In any game they do.

Not saying they don't. I'm saying the ones that the Arsenal fans are pointing out didn't because they were correct/evened themselves out throughout the game anyway..

Phil Dowd is a pretty **** ref, tbh. I mean, credit to Newcastle for the comeback, but I doubt it would have happened if the two penalties weren't given and Nolan and/or Barton had been sent off as well.

Phil Dowd is a pretty **** ref, tbh. I mean, credit to Newcastle for the comeback, but I doubt it would have happened if the two penalties weren't given and Nolan and/or Barton had been sent off as well.

That's what every aresenal fan is trying to point out but everyone keeps mentioning bias

Of course not, but if the penalties hadn't been given and Nolan/Barton had been sent off it would have been wrong.

I just watched the highlights of the match, and I must say, what a game, especially for the neutrals, like me.

On the red card incident, it was deffo a red card. I think the tackle from Barton was fair, strong yes, but fair. I also think that Barton deserves credit for not reacting, because the old Barton would have probably got himself sent off for reacting.

I will also say the refereeing in the game was appalling. The first peno was soft, but it was stupid defending. The second though, what was the assistant watching? I am really confused about that one.

we cant protect even a 4 goal lead, even though the penalty decisions were controversial, we were not focused enough 4 the win, we are very lucky man u lost otherwise we would have been out of the title race

Oh, come on, aren't you tired already of hearing those disheartened players and coaches of Arsenal blaiming the referee anytime they have failed miserably? Now, why can't FA warn and ban them for a few matches, so they can stop it.

I'm sorry but tbh it was hardly Phil Dowd. It was his assistant.
Newcastle first penalty - soft but clumsy defending.
Newcastle disallowed goal - miles onside.
Newcastle second penalty - stupid decision by the linesman.
Van Persie disallowed goal - excellent decision from the linesman.

Now onto the red cards.
Barton did a fair challenge on Diaby, wins the ball, no studs showing, but since it's Barton (and everyone except Newcastle fans hate Barton) it should have been a red... Wrong. Diaby was stupid and over reacted. Phil Dowd justified his red card when saying it was for TWO pushes, not the one, therefore he deserved to be sent off.

Then for Nolan and Sczezsny (however it's spelt). He shouldn't have held onto the ball and rightfully got a yellow card however so should Nolan, and I'm pretty sure he did. So I don't see what the arguing is about. If Arsenal can't hold onto a 4-0 lead over Newcastle who have the worst strikers in the league, then there most be something wrong.

Oh and Tiote's goal was superb!

Yes, the officials had a poor match.

No, that isn't the main reason we humiliated ourselves.

Then for Nolan and Sczezsny (however it's spelt). He shouldn't have held onto the ball and rightfully got a yellow card however so should Nolan, and I'm pretty sure he did. So I don't see what the arguing is about.
Why not? He doesn't have to hand it back just because Newcastle want it. If he was willing to risk getting a yellow then he has every right to prevent Newcastle having it. And instead of complaining to the ref, what does he do? Puts him in a headlock and takes him to the ground, and in doing this wastes more time than what Szczesny would of. Add in this to when he pushed Diaby, 2 bookable offences = red.

As for Barton, should of got a yellow on his Arshavin tackle, went straight through him from behind. Had he correctly got a yellow for that, I doubt he would of done that tackle. I feel he deserved a yellow at the least, but that may be my bias. As for Diaby, he fully deserved to be sent off, no complaint there.

Plus, I know Best was onside, and Van Persie could of been onside. The only replay that was shown was on an angle which made it look offside. He couldof been on and could of been off.

The first penalty was rather soft, but it was clumsy from Kos and shouldn't of given the oppurtunity for a penalty to be given. The second was a shocker, just an absolute shocker. He didn't see the foul and didn't even consult with his linesman as to what the foul was, maybe because there wasn't one.....

The ref and linesman definately played their role. But our shocking defensive collpase is more to blame. Can't believe how poor Squillaci is, takes any confidence Kos has from playing with Djourou. He is more of a attacker for the other team than a defender for us.

There is a FIFA Rule which states that the Goalkeeper cannot hold onto the ball after the pnealty and impede the attacking team and he did just that so he rightfully got a yellow card

There is a FIFA Rule which states that the Goalkeeper cannot hold onto the ball after the pnealty and impede the attacking team and he did just that so he rightfully got a yellow card
Doesn't change the fact that one of the two Newcastle players deserved a red for the neck grab.

Doesn't change the fact that one of the two Newcastle players deserved a red for the neck grab.

the Goalkeeper was at fault anyways, both of em got yellow cards and btw what Wojeh did was unecessary, they were still leading by 3 goals

If Szczesny was willing to take a yellow, he can hold the ball if he wants. Doesn't mean Nolan can go and grab him right in front of the lino who did nothing.

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson
The French news wires are saying Interpol are investigating 'suspicious money transfers' involving Phil Dowd and Rosický.

Hope not. Last thing we need in the league is this.