Wilshere fumes at ref after draw

Ref cost us the game as well as some fighting spirit from newcastle

Barton should have got a red as well as Diaby

1st pen wasn't a pen

2nd pen wasn't a pen

Phil Dowd --------->Newcastle Comeback

I fail to see how Barton should of been sent of by been grabbed by the neck and thrown to the floor oO)

Also, how can the ref seriously be to blame for a poor performance by Arsenal in the second half ?

In a non-biased view the final score should have been 5-4 to arsenal. The second newcastle pen was an incorrect decision. The goal which newcastle scored but was ruled offside was also an incorrect decision. The goal which Van Persie scored but was ruled offside was wrong, and Nolan should have been sent off if the referee stayed consistent with his decisions.

Jack Wilshere did have a point. It happens in every game and with every referee.

I fail to see how Barton should of been sent of by been grabbed by the neck and thrown to the floor oO)

Also, how can the ref seriously be to blame for a poor performance by Arsenal in the second half ?

Just ignoring his actual point, then...

His challenge was poor IMO, but we can go on forever about whether it was a red card, yellow card or nothing at all - Every time I make a point, I'm called bias, but when Dunc makes a point, he's absolutely right and not at all bias...

The ref can be blamed because he gave several strange decisions, and made several key errors including a penalty which shouldn't have been given, and a yellow card for Nolan when it should have been red. HOWEVER, as I've said SO many times - NC have to be praised for their comeback, and Arsenal have themselves to blame.

I have already answered this

But the excessive force he went in with deseved a red momentum in in every tackle thats not an excuse for the tackle

The ref had a hand in the comeback mixed with arsenal poor response to going a man down and newcastle's fighting spirit

Of course this isn't at all bias...

Barton made a challenge on Arshavin at the end of the first half which deserved a booking as well IMO, Arshavin did a little "Zidane Turn" and Barton went right through him. His challenge on Diaby was very strong - he wins the ball, then goes right into Diaby - Silly reaction but I can understand why he did it considering what's happened to him with injuries. Silly reaction though, and deserved a red card, Barton deserved a yellow at least for that challenge - He knew what he was doing, OK he won the ball but he got most of the man as well. Nolan pushed Diaby, but no card for him.. Diaby gets sent off for two bookable offences...

Szczesney being a "****" has nothing to do with it... Every player time wastes, Newcastle time-wasted at the Emirates - It's what players do when they want to preserve a lead, Nolan put him in a headlock and shoved him to the ground - How is that different to Diaby? Two bookable offences = red card.

First pen, Koscielny didn't "clatter" Best at all, he was being a little clumsy and doesn't touch ball or man, under slight pressure, Best falls over and wins a penalty.

Second pen was never a penalty, everyone agrees on that so it's a moot point. You can't say it cancels out Best's goal, which was clearly onside as there were several other decisions that went against us.

The referee shouldn't just give a penalty because some dumbass lineo says it is, he didn't consult anyone else, didn't see it, and Newcastle were right back in with a chance.

Poor from Arsenal, poor from Dowd. Brilliant Second Half from newcastle, but that's not what this is about.

We can argue about Barton all day, the same way we argued about De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa (which I also thought was a good tackle btw).. At the end of the day, Barton won the ball cleanly and momentum took him into Diaby. You can't stop momentum so it can't really be a foul.

He hardly puts him in a headlock and shoves him to the ground. He puts his arm around his neck and Chezney falls to the floor like his legs have just melted. Never a red card. Also, he didn't shove Diaby. He pushed him away from in the same way Sagna was pushing him away from Barton, but Diaby then shoves him back with both hands looking for a fight.

1st penalty was a penalty, clumsy tackle and there was contact. Not alot, but enough. 2nd penalty I have no idea what it was for. Maybe because Rosicky jumped and pushed Williamson, but it was never a penalty but as Dunc said, Best's goal was a mile onside and it was ruled out.

RVP's goal was offside and was correctly ruled out, so I don't see what the problem is. To me they both got a decision in favour, and one against them.

I have already answered this

But the excessive force he went in with deseved a red momentum in in every tackle thats not an excuse for the tackle

The ref had a hand in the comeback mixed with arsenal poor response to going a man down and newcastle's fighting spirit

It was a good hard challenge, he played the ball so he should not be sent off, on the other hand Joss i agree Nolan should of been sent off as he did the same as Diaby , but no way Barton should of gone.

Every time I make a point, I'm called bias, but when Dunc makes a point, he's absolutely right and not at all bias...

Maybe it's because everything I am saying, is being said by everyone else, where as what you are saying, is only being repeated by other Arsenal fans.

Or maybe, it's because I am awesome, and you are not.

Either way, both our views are going to be bias because we support the opposing teams on this subject. While I would argue my case for the goalkeeper, I would still be unwilling to argue a case that Bartons challenge was worthy of a Red, or even a yellow, if it was made by an Arsenal player

I can see why you are aggrieved by the second penalty, but not the first, when it was a blatant foul, if you are clumsy in the box your likely to give away a penalty.

Indeed the linesman had a shocking game, I don't think anyone is disputing that, but at the end of the day, it was just a cracking game of football. After all the abuse I was getting from Arsenal fans on my Facebook after you went 4-0 up a swell, apologies for me not feeling sorry for you throwing away a 4-0 lead, when after weighing up both halfs, a draw was a fair result.

Barton Clattered him and we went in with excessive force in the rule book that is a Red

As i said Diaby should have got sent off his reaction was over the top but understandable

Szczesny wasn't being a **** he was doing what sooo many Goal keepers do nowadays trying to kill time.That doesn't give Nolan the right to Put him in a headlock.

Best was put under minimal pressure and went over like a ton of brick. I swear this is England not spain.

Second pen wasn't a pen end of it doesn't really whether it evens it self out this is the Premier league not a game in the park.

Nice consistency there mate ;)

It's funny how Arsenal players, managers and quite a few fans react to when their team lose or draw, if this happened to Liverpool I would have been giving my stick to my players for not even turning up in the second half not to the referee for no reason, or to players like Barton, who by the way was sensational again yesterday.

Arsenal would have won the game if they weren't so cocky, but then again they are still young.. Well they were young.. About five years ago but sshh, nobody needs to know that. ;)

I still refuse to watch the match so can't comment on linos, refs and such things but what I can't get my head around is how so called 'title contenders' have managed to squander a four goal lead. No matter if We've only got ten men. Lets just say I don't envy the Arsenal players in the dressing room after.

we had a poor ref in our game, missed two pens. but at the end of the day we lost becuase we were not good enough. you drew becuase you couldnt mount a basic defensive rearguard and choked

Yet Arsenal fans are the only people who labelled as 'every time we lose we blame the ref.' Reading through the Wolves vs Man utd thread yesterday 70 percent of United fans blamed the ref.

Nice consistency there mate ;)

It's funny how Arsenal players, managers and quite a few fans react to when their team lose or draw, if this happened to Liverpool I would have been giving my stick to my players for not even turning up in the second half not to the referee for no reason, or to players like Barton, who by the way was sensational again yesterday.

Arsenal would have won the game if they weren't so cocky, but then again they are still young.. Well they were young.. About five years ago but sshh, nobody needs to know that. ;)

Let's not talk about Liverpool please :p

The ref had a shocker, Arsenal had a shocker end of

I'm sorry but since when could Arsenal fans comment on players going down too easily???

Yet Arsenal fans are the only people who labelled as 'every time we lose we blame the ref.' Reading through the Wolves vs Man utd thread yesterday 70 percent of United fans blamed the ref.

The majority of United fans said the ref had a shocker but that we didn't deserve to get anything from the game. If you read through, all the United fans who actually watched the game know that we didn't deserve anything from that and were well beaten.

The majority of United fans said the ref had a shocker but that we didn't deserve to get anything from the game. If you read through, all the United fans who actually watched the game know that we didn't deserve anything from that and were well beaten.

Yes, And most Arsenal fans said the ref got a few things wrong but well done Newcastle it was a great fight back, but still got the comment 'oh look another arsenal fan blaming the ref'

just shut your mouth Wilshere, this is the kind of thing that and getting arrested that will make you public enemy number 1. If anything Newcastle had a rightful goal dis-allowed, and i would focus on your own problems like letting a 4goal lead slip before blaiming other people.

Yes, And most Arsenal fans said the ref got a few things wrong but well done Newcastle it was a great fight back, but still got the comment 'oh look another arsenal fan blaming the ref'

Because the Arsenal fans are saying it changed the game etc etc.

We're not. We're saying that we should have lost regardless of the decisions, whereas Arsenal's fans are saying that if the ref had done this differently you still would have won.

Because the Arsenal fans are saying it changed the game etc etc.

We're not. We're saying that we should have lost regardless of the decisions, whereas Arsenal's fans are saying that if the ref had done this differently you still would have won.

But surely a red card does change the game..massively?