Very nice guide. I've read it through a couple of times.:D And it helps ALOT!

I have one question thougt...

What do you say post-match when you are underdog and you get the draw?? Cant find it anywhere!

that "you have faith" thing for players who have a rating above 7.5 at HT is an absoulute masterstroke, works every time!

thanks wolfsong for this amazing guide, really got to appreciate the time and effort people put into this

Microsoft Document File

Hello everyone,

I've tabularized the data gathered by Wolfsong into an 8 page print-friendly .doc file. If you find some errors or you think I've left out some details, feel free to edit and add accordingly.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I've tabularized the data gathered by Wolfsong into an 8 page print-friendly .doc file. If you find some errors or you think I've left out some details, feel free to edit and add accordingly.

Was just about to do the vry same thing myself... Glad i read on :D

Well, just registered today and took a long reading on this one.
It looks great and I want to congratulate you for the awesome study of teamtalk.

I'm going to try this on my new At. Madrid save and give you feedback when I think it's time to.

P.S: I know this question has nothing to do with this thread, but I have a doubt.
Playing in Spain forces me to have only 25 players in the lineup such as 3 foreigners. If some of you know how to avoid that, pls tell me.

Amazing guide. Regularly makes the difference between a draw and a win.
Just one thing has me puzzled. When the player has a rating below 6 and you say angered... the effect on him is 'angry'. And although this does wonders for him in the next half im wondering if it effects him negatively in the long term?

I've made a simple resume of Wolfsong's TeamTalk Guide. So if you want, you can download it from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJ23N7N3

It's a pdf file, so you need adobe reader. This is reproduction of Wolfsong's TT, and is totaly based on his very impressive research. I do not pretend of any copyrights. I made it for myself, but I wish to share it with you.

Brilliant.
I didn't realise how much of an impact team talks could have

I would like to point out this team-talk guide may be a bit too tough on younger teams, and especially for LLM. The testing has been done with teams that are upper mid to top teams (relevant to their division), so it's best tailored for that kind of team.

Wow what a brillant guide. Team talks is to me the one thing that I struggle on FM 2010 to be honest.

So a very special thanks to Wolfsongs for putting in their time and effort for making this fantastic guide.

Do these team talks work in pre-season when you have just taken over a team?

Great guide. But there are a few things which I saw in my 5 seasons carrier. This guide is created for FM 9 as I know. So some advices don't work on FM 10. For example Wolfsong says "Do not ever use "we can win this" or "wish luck" under this scenario. If used, like result = one or two players "seemed demotivated, looked delighted"." I tried "we can win this" in some tough matches, which odds show me underdog. And that really worked, most of my players "looked delighted". In that way I won against Barca away from home on EC.

Best guide ever, read the whole thing. This m8s is a fine example of dedication and fanatism

Is there any link to the tactic Wolfsong are using by himself?

maybe this should get moved to the FM11 Section?