This guide has been very useful, but I found after a couple of seasons using "don't let your performance drop" or "don't get complacent" at half time when I was leading nearly always led to the players performance dropping and a poor 2nd half performance. The thing that works for me is the supposedly useless "pleased". This always works well with my players now, so maybe squad personality is also important, my guys enjoy a hug at halftime ;)

Thanks for the guide learned a few things. Am new to the site. So if anyone knows of a thread on this please lead me to it, but I suspect that when you create 15-30 chances but at best you score 1 goal with players missing all kinds of sitters its usually a bad team talk or press talk. Haven't confirmed it yet, but that's the impression I get.

Pre – Match Team Talks

Individual Team Talk

“Pickup where you left from” if available
“Expect better” if available
“Expect a performance” on players looking complacent
“You have faith” on striker having goal draught or player with low morale, trial and error
“No Pressure” on youngster making debut followed by pleased if he achieves 6.8 or more rating
“No pressure” or “You have faith” on players looking nervous or unable to handle pressure, if they achieve below 6.6 rating, substitute them off.

General Team Talk

“I expect a win” if odds heavily favour me and morale above good or there is complacency
“For the fans” for any other occasion
“Pressure is off” if odds are heavily against me and morale is below average (RARE)

Half Time Talks

Individual Team Talk

“You can make a difference” or “You have faith” on players who have scored or who have achieved a 7.5 rating or higher or are coming in as substitutes
“None” on player with ratings 7.0 to 7.4 if pre match = “I expect a win” and you are drawing
“None” on player with 6.7 rating or below and morale above average if u are leading by 2 or more goals
“Disappointing” on player with 6.7 rating or below and morale above average

General Team Talk

“Dissapointing” when drawing and pre match = “I expect a win”
“For the fans” when drawing and pre match = “For the fans”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Don't get careless” when leading by 1 goal, expected to win, morale is above average or complacency has been reported
“Encourage” when leading by 1 goal, underdog or morale is average and there is no complacency reported
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Don't let your performance drop” when leading by 2 or more goals, heavily favored or complacency has been reported
“Pleased” when leading by 2 or more goals, if there is no complacency reported
“I want to see more from you” or “Where is the passion lads” when losing , favored or even odds
“For the fans” when losing, underdog

Post Match Teamtalks

Individual Team Talk

“Delighted” on top performers if u won
“Pleased” on top performers if u drew
“Disappointing” on players with below 6.7 rating if u drew
“Angered” on players who were sent off for violent behavior or players with below 6 rating
“None” on players with 7 to 7.5 rating if u drew

General Team Talk

“Pleased” if u won
“Disappointing” if u drew and the ratings are generally below 7 and u were expected to win
“Sympathise” if u drew and the ratings are generally good
“Disappointing” if u lost and odds were close or in favor
“Sympathise” if u were supposed to lose and general ratings are above 7

Best sum up i could make. I tried keeping most of wolfsongs guide, but i strongly recommend reading the whole article wolfsongs wrote before using this summary.

All credits goes to wolfsong!

I'm playing Fm11. is it not possible to cause rifts in the squad by singling out players for praise or criticism? have you encountered this at all, is it only when it is seen as unjustified? Also I'm wondering if 'for the fans' has any special effect when playing a rival team. any thoughts?

Brilliant guide. I now use individual teamtalks rather than a general one and have noticed a massive improvment in player performance!!

Thanks for the info on teamtalk! I'll try this for a while a post back to you if my team does well.