Reaction score
Hi, first of all this is my first ever story. So don't expect fireworks from the beginning and I hope this is something I can have great success with, please offer me advice throughout story and please tell me whether it is good or bad. Constructive criticism would be nice instead of rudeness and I will take everything said on board and will look to improve through out, thanks.

View attachment 407408

Wolverhampton Wanderers would like to conclude recent rumours and confirm the resignation of Kenny Jackett. We are sad to say that the club and Kenny Jackett have parted terms due to the recent diagnosis of Kenny's health. Although being at the club for a very short time we respect Kenny greatly and hope he has a quick recovery, we wish his family, friends and close ones all the best in the near future. We would like to conclude that we are on the look out for a replacement manager and hope to have one by the end of the week. Thank you for your continued support.

Last edited:
BREAKING:

Wolves hire new man Charlton

New man Chris Charlton has took on the helms of Wolverhampton. It has caused mix reactions from the Wolverhampton fan base with one fan saying "this is absolutely outrageous, one second we have a quality manager like Jackett and next we are left with this clown, I refuse to attend any games this season till he has gone" whilst other fans are willing to give the unproven manager a chance "to be honest it's not ideal but he's young and most likely thriving on the chance to manage this great club, I will support Charlton but he will have to prove himself and quickly"

Chris Charlton has been speaking to the media today and claimed that this is the best day of his life. He was asked whether he felt he was the right man for this job and he responded "at any level you have to be confident in your ability, many people may not believe in me but I feel I can achieve success at this great football club and I will get the fans on my side." Further down the lines he responded to questions such as the squad's ability level, ambitions and future signings "This squad is a great squad I am very lucky to manage some players, I will be planning to hold a team meeting and then our first training session, on paper the squad is very good and I feel this squad can achieve promotion first time of asking. On signings I don't know I will have to evaluate the squad and see where we are from there like I said on paper the squad is great but I will have to evaluate our options and go on from there."

Charlton, 35, is venturing in to his first ever professional role within a football club after leaving Garforth Town's role as coach two months ago, this will be a huge test for Charlton with many expecting him to fail.

Last edited:
First Team:

Goalkeeper

Carl Ikeme, Aaron McCarey and Jonathon Flatt

Defenders

Full Backs: Sam Ricketts, Matt Doherty, Kevin Foley and Scott Golbourne
Centre Backs: Richard Stearman, Danny Batth, Ethan Ebanks-Landell and Kortney Hause

Midfielders

Wingers: James Henry, Zeli Ismail, Bakory Sako and Michael Jacobs
Centre Mids: Anthony Forde, James O'Hara, Kevin McDonald, David Edwards and David Davis

Forwards

Nouha Dicko, Leon Clarke, Jake Cassidy, Liam McAlinden

Preferred Starting XI and Main Formation

View attachment 407401

Last edited:
View attachment 407400

Chris Charlton has shown signs of his transfer policy as he dips into the loan market and free transfers as he has brought in two new players to the club.

19 year old goalkeeper Dean Santangelo was the first player to arrive at the club under new manager Chris Charlton arriving on a free transfer this is what the manager had to say "I'm delighted to bring this young lad into the footbal club he is a real prospect and will provide good back up too Chris Ikeme, he's a good shot stopper and I'm glad I can now present him to the Wolves fans"

32 year old winger James Coppinger is next to arrive on loan till the end of the season Charlton agreed that he won't be playing week in week out but claims he has brought in "valuable experience" and will provide good back up in the right midfield position.

One player has departed the club permanantly and that is 28 year old right back Kevin Foley for 145k too Yeovil. 4 other players have left on loan: Sam Whittall - Wrexham, David Molli - Ebbsfleet, Jordan Cranston - Bromley and Jamie Tanks - Staines

Last edited:
Pre-Season

View attachment 407395A good pre-season against mediocre opposition has set my team up well for the new campaign, unbeaten in all games and wasn't expecting to lose but nothing but positives to take into the next game against Preston. Promotion campaign kick starts.

Last edited:
How's it going so far more updates tomorrow hopefully but would like to know what you all think and advide would be nice thank you

Decent pre season mate not to be sniffed at. Good luck with this, interested to see what you can achieve

Decent pre season mate not to be sniffed at. Good luck with this, interested to see what you can achieve
Happy with how pre season went nothing too challenging but strong displays throughout. I never usually pick a favourite for a league, I usually use mid table and lower teams, but it's felt different with Wolves as they just semed to have plummetted out of no where so will be ineresting to see whether I can make them rise to the top. Also keen to see if I can maintain the story since that it's my first ever one it'll take time going through the season a bit more slowly but the start was interesting for me and I've got a few storylines I could throw in there so hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Star winger out for one month!
View attachment 407343
Wolves wide man Bakary Sako has been sidelined for upto 4 week according to our sources, this is a big blow for Chris Charlton as he faces his first game in less than a week, it is now upto ex Derby player Michael Jacobs to fill in for Bakary Sako

August 2013
View attachment 407339

Preston (A)
The lads were fantastic it was complete domination from start to finish, apart from the two goals they barely had a shot and we showed our attacking options with 4 different scorers, I told them at the end of the game if we play like that all season we will be out of this league in no time

Carlisle (COC) (H)
Close to embarrassment but sub Jamie O'Hara cause problems in the advanced playmaker role and dribbled to the byline and swung in a dangerous cross causing an own goal from the Carlisle player, O'Hara has a point to prove after recently being placed on the transfer list, rummours are that he is currently on 35k per week. The highest wage in the division

Gillingham (H)
An 88th minute goal cancelled out Nouha Dicko's late first half goal as it ended in a dissapointing 1-1 draw

Bristol City (A)
Back on to winning ways and in style. Leon Clarke didn't give defenders a moments piece and bagged two goals, winger James Henry has already proved what a player he is with two assists and a goal

Crawley (H)
Another 4-1 victory! The lads are scoring for fun James Henry again not giving defenders a moments piece and also scored a fantastic free kick, if this man is on form game in game out that is a major boost!

Brighton (COC) (A)
A mini shock as league 1 leaders run away with a victory it would've looked a lot more comfortable if it wasn't for a late goal by Ulloa

Port Vale (A)

The scoreline flattered in many ways we weren't at our best but winning when playing poor is signs of a good team

Manager Of The Month

Chris Charlton
4 victories and 1 draw was enough to secure manager of the month for the Wolves manager this is what he had to say "it's nice to be recognised and I hope I'm proving the doubters wrong and hope our form will continue

Player of the month
View attachment 407338James Henry

His ability to guide past players with ease was great to watch, it was hard to pick out of Nouha Dicko and Leon Clarke and Henry but his 4 assists and 3 goals can't go unnoticed without him the two strikers wouldn't of had the chances to score

Note: League table will be available for September game had already started before I thought of making a story.

SEPTEMBER 2013
View attachment 407337
Tranmere (A)
A commprehensive win saw Wolves breeze past tranmere into he 2nd round where we will be facing Crewe, Charlton says "it was a great win and now we ook forward to playing Crewe who I admire greatly with their ability to bring up fantastic prospects each year"

Swindon (H)
A comfortable victory for Wolves and both striers get on the score sheet.

Walsall (H)
A big win, our leaky defense is still conceding but unbeaten since the start of the season.

Shrewsbury (A)
Shrewsbury halt our charge for promotion hopefully just a blip as they prepare to face Liverpool, Charlton discusses the tie "it's a fantastic opportunity to test ourselves against one of th most famous teams in football"

Liverpool (COC) (H)
An expected defeat, but dissapointed in the lack of determination the lads shown today

Sheff Utd (H)
A woeful defeat, furious with the players to throw away a one goal lead, but onto the next game

Player Of The Month

View attachment 407331
4 goals in a mixed month, encuraged me to give him the award but could've scored more if was more composed

League Table

View attachment 407330

Last edited:
Ikeme misses October
View attachment 407309
Wolves shot stopper Carl Ikeme is set to miss a months worth of injury after falling badly on his arm, McCarey looks set to replace Ikeme in the short term whilst Charlton will be anxious on Ikeme's return

OCTOBER 2013
View attachment 407308Colchester (A)
Commentator 1: ...And it's full time here at Colchester, and it is not a happy place for a small section of the stands. Wolves fans are furious. They are chanting "Charlton out" repeatedly.

Commentator 2: I'm struggling to understand this yes it's been a poor period for Wolves but we had a strong start to the season and this is unfair on Charlton. Fans have a right to be dissapointed but Charlton is doing fairly well for his first job in charge and he has my support.

Commentator 1: We'll be having live phone ins back in the studio for your view on today's performance but from us it's over now as Wolves were condemned to a 2-0 defeat by Colchester, goodbye.

Wolves Fan Favourite Supports Charlton
View attachment 407301
Ex Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has leapt to defend underfire manager Chris Charlton.
"All this speculation on Charlton is massively unfair he has done a fantastic job so far, people are forgetting he is new to professional football or maybe that is the reason he is getting all this criticism. It is early in the season and they are at the right end of the table, they're not bottom or midtable they are fighting for promotion and I don't understand why Wolves fans are so disgruntled"

An unnamed Wolves fan has recently began a petition to get the owners attention to bring back Mick McCarthy to the Molineux, McCarthy replied "it is disrespectful and I don't appreciate it, Wolves will always hold a special place in my heart but it's the past they need to support Charlton, I've spoke with him a couple of times and he is a good manager and he is doing a good job"

Crewe (JPT) (A)
We silent the critics with a good solid win and it was an early and a late goal which bagged us a 2-0 win, we progress to the next round now against League 1 strugglers Bradford

Coventry (H)
A solid win against a side which is creeping up the table, Dicko is on top form this season and he looks like he's on his way to be one of the divisions top scorers.

Oldham (H)
The scoreline flatters us in this game, we was second best throughout and if it wasn't for our keeper Oldham would've been out of sight but good counter attacking won us the match and our promotion bid is back on track

Bradford (A)
A poor performance adds to a poor defeat not much to say here

Carlisle (A)
Wolves come back fighting after another set back but goals from O'Hara and Henry secures victory for Wolves

Player Of the Month
View attachment 407303
David Davis
Tough Tackler DAvid Davis gets this reward after consistent displays in midfield saw us control a lot of the ball and Davis managed to break up a lot of play and create attacks

League Table
View attachment 407302

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind feedback throughout the story if anyone is reading it is nice to know if people follow as it will give me motivation to continue and to people who have read it I hope you like it

Yea, looks good. Too easy to get promoted with Wolves. I'm following closely when the Wolves are in the Championship

Thanks, yeah promotion should be easy but I'm the king of messing up, would be ashamed if I don't achieve it

You're not doing as badly as you think, I did one with Bristol City (who I suppose are at a similar level to Wolves in League 1) and, despite a dodgy start, I got some momentum together to go into the Championship and straight into the Premier League.

Keep it up :)

Happy with how pre season went nothing too challenging but strong displays throughout. I never usually pick a favourite for a league, I usually use mid table and lower teams, but it's felt different with Wolves as they just semed to have plummetted out of no where so will be ineresting to see whether I can make them rise to the top. Also keen to see if I can maintain the story since that it's my first ever one it'll take time going through the season a bit more slowly but the start was interesting for me and I've got a few storylines I could throw in there so hoping for the best.
well like I say mate I'll be keeping up with this. Decent start to your season too. Maybe 1 too many defeats early on but once the players get used to each other and the system all be fine. Be sure not to let Danny Baath go anywhere, absolute beast and future international star!
I always do a save with a fallen giant, have to say last few games I've chosen Swindon.