You're not doing as badly as you think, I did one with Bristol City (who I suppose are at a similar level to Wolves in League 1) and, despite a dodgy start, I got some momentum together to go into the Championship and straight into the Premier League.

Keep it up :)

Thanks, I don't think so myself but it could create a good mini storyline :p

well like I say mate I'll be keeping up with this. Decent start to your season too. Maybe 1 too many defeats early on but once the players get used to each other and the system all be fine. Be sure not to let Danny Baath go anywhere, absolute beast and future international star!
I always do a save with a fallen giant, have to say last few games I've chosen Swindon.

Yeah disappointed to lose so many games early on, could've got draws out of one or two and no not a chance, he's been the star out of a poor defence

November 2013
View attachment 407196
Stevenage (H)
A game we should have won against relegation threatened Stevenage, but both teams lacked any quality which left Charlton to say "we need to be killing teams like Stevenage off if we want a chance of promotion, we are a good side but sometimes I don't know what is wrong with the boys.

Macclesfield (FA) (H)
A good solid win which I am happy with, although expected a bit more money coming into the club, hot prospect Jacobs played fantastic.

Bradford (JPT) (A)
Should have killed the game off when they went down to ten men in the 50th minute but we progressed through penalties and we meet Fleetwood Town in the semi final.

Brentford (H)
A solid win against league leaders and the leagues top scorer Dicko can not stop scoring

Tranmere (H)
Again we fail to score against a team in the bottom 4

Peterborough (A)
Underachieving boro showed exactly why they are in mid table with a miserable performance, Charlton was delighted as Wolves killed Peterborough's momentum so early on.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 4071934 goals this month for young man Dicko, it's not just his goals which is part of his game it is also his direct running causing defences problems. After the Peterborough game DIcko said "I'm happy we're back on track Charlton has set us up well and I'm happy to be on the score sheet again, this has been a good season personally and I look to carry on my form to help Wolves get out of this league"
League 1's hot shot is in fine form this season scoring 17 goals in 21 games in all competititons

League Table
View attachment 407192

Wolverhampton's News Round Up

SIGNING!

Chris Charlton has brought in his 3rd player and 2nd goalkeeper since taking over as manager. 24 year old Jamie Jones has arrived on a 3 month loan deal from Leyton Orient. The two clubs have agreed a future fee of 60k. We asked Charlton for his view of the deal and he seemed very positive about it although the deal was also precautionary "He's a good keeper, we have had his eye on him since Ikeme got injured and Carl is struggling to get back to full fitness so we have brought Jamie in"
Jones also warned fellow keepers he isn't here to sit around "I'm here to play football and prove myself at a big club, I'm not here to warm the bench, I am looking forward to friendly competition for the number 1 spot"
Charlton blasts JPT

It's a couple of days before the JPT Northern Semi Final and Chris Charlton see's very little point in the competition "it's a waste of time really, yeah it's nice to progress but who will remember this cup run by the end of the season, definitely not me, it's a waste of time and at a crucial time of the season an extra game is not needed, I as well as many other managers won't be sad to see the competition scrapped"

In other news James Henry will not be available for the game after coming off injured in the Notts County game, he is expected to be out for two months. Liam McAlinden joins Henry on the physio table for two months after falling down the stairs in his own home.

Note: not sure what you guys think of this, I don't mind the addition of News Round Up and some pre match news but what is your opinion and yes I'm aware the Notts game hasn't been revealed yet but do you like the idea of this? It's nothing massive but for some matches I will involve this pre match news thing which will include a mini interview and information about injuries, suspensions etc (no results will ever be revealed if the monthly update is yet to be released)

Anyone heard of Jamie Jones IRL? I haven't but if you have what is your opinion of him and yes it's league 1 signings aren't gonna be interesting but if you would lke to give your own view on each signing I make and I will create an update where I use your views as "Fans Views" if you like the idea I will also make some up

What you guys think?

Hopefully December update up tonight
Big news from the board
And January transfer window round the corner

DECEMBER 2013

BREAKING

View attachment 406677
Wolves inform striker Nouha Dicko has been rewarded a 5 year contract for his fine goal scoring form for Wolverhampton this season. Nouha Dicko has claimed he is delighted to be part of the set up for an additional five years and believes Wolves are well on their way for bigger and better things, Charlton is also delighted as he joyfully said ?Nouha is going to be here for a special time at the club, Wolves are going places and Nouha will definitely contribute to that, he is by far the best striker in the division and I believe he would be the best in the Championship?
View attachment 406676

Notts County

Morale is high for young striker Nouha Dicko as he continues his goal scoring form after signing a 5 year contract with two well executed goals.

Wycombe (FA)

Demolishing. That?s one way you can explain Wolves after this game, Wycombe didn?t know what hit them, especially after going up 1-0 early on, Cassidy stole the headlines from Dicko this time but this strike partnership is really starting to grow.

Fleetwood JPT

A fine 2-0 win takes us to the next round and it?s a brace by Leon Clarke which takes us to the Northern final where we will face Preston who have recently sacked their manager Simon Grayson, Charlton had to say ?I?m disappointed with the sacking of Simon, he is a very good manager and I have learnt a thing or two from him whilst watching him at my hometown Leeds. It won?t be long till he?s back in the game and this time I would say it?s Preston?s loss and the other team?s gain.? Ex Leeds gaffer Gary McAllister has taken over as new Preston boss and was unable to comment on recent remarks made by Wolves boss Chris Charlton.

MK Dons

A comfortable 3-0 win over 11th​ place MK Dons and it?s Dicko and Cassidy again who inspire Wolves to victory extending the point tally between 1st​ and 2nd​ place.

Rotherham

A nervy game but Dicko settled it with a fine finish in the 60th​ minute and Wigan must be scratching their heads why they let this man go for so cheap.

Crewe

A team Charlton really favours in football with the way they bring up talent were comfortably beaten as Wolves strolled past them as Dicko and Jacobs share the goals between them in a 2-0 victory.

Leyton Orient
View attachment 406675

ARGH. An entertaining game but disappointing result stopped the chance from running away from 2nd​ place 4th​ place Orient came fighting and they produced a very good display. Charlton said ?a hard earned draw but disappointing we couldn?t take all 3 points but we will take the 1 and move onto the next game?

Player Of the month
View attachment 406674
Nouha Dicko

Surprise surprise as Dicko claims the reward again 8 goals in 6 games was enough to clinch it for the 21 year old he is in red hot form, he was also named Legue 1's POTM

League Table
View attachment 406672
Sorry table messed up this month

Chris Charlton claims manager of the month
An impressive month for the wolves boss as they finished December as they entered undefeated.

Sorry for the messy layout this month it will be sorted this month, I'll be planning to change the result lay out to how the Orient one is but I'll crop it so it shows just the result scorers and stats, thanks.

Last edited:
Please can people let me know whether the enjoy this don't wanna feel this is a waste of time thanks

Wolverhampton's Latest

View attachment 406662
Great news has come out today for the club, after the recent upturn in financial matters, the club has awarded Charlton with 14 million pound, it is believed that Charlton was shocked that there is that much money available at the club and inside sources suggest that Charlton hopes the Wolves board aren't throwing the club into a dangerous financial situation.
View attachment 406661
Moxey said "we are pleased to announce after a successful financial year we are pleased to announce we can provide Chris with a large budget for the remainder of the season, he has identified the players he wants to bring into the club and we believe all players can contribute and improve our current squad. We will trust Chris to use the money on whatever player he wants as we believe he has the clubs stability at heart and won'do anything to jeopardise our financial status and won't do anything to ruin the bond within the squad, he is a smart guy and the fans are finally recognising this and his abilities"

Thanks mate, was worrying it wasn't enjoyable just working through January now hoping I can get one more update but looking unlikely

View attachment 406653THREE Winter signings made by Wolves as wee see Chris Charlton splash the cash for the very first time.

Jacob Mellis is the first player to join Wolves this winter as the club spend 625k to bring him into the club, he leaves Barnsley in the best way possible as he scored lovely chip on his final ever game for Barnsley

Ash Taylor is next to join as Wolves are extremely short in the CB position he cost the club 160k he signed from relegation threatened Tranmere and his last ever game for the club was against Wolves

Left Back Joe Mattock joins from Sheff Wed as Wolves are currently short in that position, Charlton claims he is young and hungry and is willing to prove he is still a top prospect for the future

Finally James Wallace is last to join so far a 250k buy from Wolves prized him away from the struggling Merseyside club, Tranmere now are struggling severely in two positions and this could ruin their fight for survival.

Mattock, Mellis and Taylor are all available for the next game against Gillingham but James Wallace wasn't registered in time to play against the 24th placed club.

Charlton defends decision to bring in two Centre midfielders.

"I have no problem in bringing in two extra midfielder's and neither should you, in football you need to be prepared and this is preparation at it's best, football is an ever changing games and that is the same with tactics one moment you have a 4 man midfield and next it may be a 5 it could even be a 3 man midfield, who knows next season I could play a 4-5-1 or it could remain the same but either way it doesn't matter I have brought in two top quality midfielder's and I plan to use them all this season and the next. So criticism firing at me is unfair and unprofessional, I feel it's time the local media should start respecting the fact I'm in charge and I run things my way."

Last edited:
January 2014

View attachment 405898
A good result against struggling Tranmere it didn't help as we went a goal down from a penalty but we did well to bounce back, Dicko was on the bench for this one but Cassidy and Clarke fired when needed

View attachment 405895

An expected defeat against Premier League opposition, Deulofeu was a constant threat against our defeat, in truth we was really poor and was lucky to get a goal.

View attachment 405894

A disappointing defeat against the bottom of the league, 2 goals in 4 minutes was enough to condemn defeat and Gillingham crowd were ecstatic after the game. The Wolves fans had every right to be disappointed in us and the boo boys seem to be back.

View attachment 405893

An unimpressive win against 4th place Preston, Ismail grabbed an impressive goal on a game Wolves would like to well and truly forget performance wise but a good team will win even when playing poor.

View attachment 405892
Another poor performance and another defeat in January not much to say.

View attachment 405891

A win and Dicko ends his mini goal drought to fire Wolves to victory after being behind.

View attachment 405890
A big impressive win, recently you may see we don't control possession but in this league you need results and for the majority of the season that's what we've been doing. Dicko didn't score but set up two and Sako scored a brace as well as Clarke, young man Cassidy was also on the score sheet.

Player of the month
View attachment 405889

Many times this month he kept the score low down when we could've been down 4/5 goals glad to have him between the sticks.

Was stupid to forget the league table but this was how it stood, sorry by the way
1st Wolves
2nd Preston
3rd Colchester
4th Brentford

Injury cost me my Wolves career - Sako
Bakory Sako talks about how he isn't enjoying hid Wolves career like he once was.

"It's been a long time since I've been happy at Wolves" Said Bakory "the injury is the major talking point and ever since that month out I haven't been able to hold my place in the side and it's unfortunate because I had high hopes for this season, the change of manager hasn't helped but that is not his fault." Sako has been in disappointing form this season and recent rumours of a bid in the sum of 500k shows how much he is now worth, with interest from Leeds it looks less likely he will be playing in the Wolves shirt past this current season.

Ex Derby winger Michael Jacobs has stolen the limelight from Sako and it's hard to see Sako getting back in on the starting XI on a weekly basis. Sako says "Michael, he's an extraordinary talent and I won't complain if a player has been better than me and I have no complaints he has been phenomenal. This week I will be handing in transfer request as I want to be playing week in and week out and I want to enjoy football again. I'm sorry I disappointed Wolves fans they have been great to me since I have arrived and they hold a special place in my heart. Sometimes you have to put yourself first.

Inside sources say that Leeds rejected an offer by Wolves to take Sako off their hands for 1 million pound, there are numerous of other clubs involved in wanting to take Sako away from Wolves.

Wolverhampton Latest

Chris signs contract!

Chris Charlton has today put doubts behind him as he signed a new deal which will run until 2017.

"I would be a coward if I ever considered of leaving Wolverhampton, I don't know where Sky got that rumour from but it was completely false, although there's a mixed view from the fans, I would never try and disappoint them, they love their football club and they don't want to see it fail. Although criticism may be harsh, they are about to put trust in an unproven man so I understand. But I am delighted to extend my contract and looking forward for a very good future at this club."

Sako gone!
After Sako basically put himself up for sale last week, he will now join AS Nancy Lorraine in the summer for 500k.
Chris Charlton was unavailable to comment but he previously said he wishes Bakory the best and didn't want to see him forced out but he wasn't part of the plans after losing out on a first team place after a short term injury.

I'm enjoying this mate. Some good signings there in January. Should help see you through the championship at least. Mellis is premiership class so you've done well there. In regards to Jamie Jones, he's a solid keeper, nothing spectacular but will do a job. Will easily tide you over for a season or two in the prem while you're establishing yourself in that division. KIU mate, if you're short in defense have a look at Adam Webster. Think he's at Leeds this year, had him at pompy in FM13, stayed with me all way to the prem and won 50 odd caps for England.

Good read this mate, as BatesyWhoa said Mellis is a top top signing especially for a L1 side....Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update.