• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Molineux - Wolverhampton - West Midlands
Kickoff: 19:45
Competition: Barclays PremierLeague Round 21

Wolves team news:
Michael Mancienne, who is on loan from Chelsea at Molineux for the season, is ineligible to play. He has started eight Barclays Premier League games this term, mostly as a defensive midfielder. Mick McCarthy's Wolves tend to be slow starters, scoring just three of their 20 league goals in the opening half hour. They are also sloppy finishers, with almost a third of goals conceded in the final quarter hour of matches.

The former Ireland manager, who spent £18m on summer transfers, remains in charge of the league's bottom-feeders and is under fire from supporters. Since our meeting at the Bridge Mick McCarthy appears to have instructed his side to revert to a more direct and less retention-based approach. They retain the urge to work hard and press all over the pitch, however, a challenge to which the visitors will have to rise.

Wolves' joint top-scorers are regular forwards Sylvain Ebanks-Blake and Steven Fletcher with four apiece in the league. Fletcher's £7m arrival was supposed to herald a return to 4-4-2, but that has not materialised and the record signing has started on the bench several times. Blake works tirelessly upfront for Wanderers, but Stephen Ward was the surprise selection - and goalscorer - playing behind him in their famous 1-0 win at Anfield on 29 December. Another key man in that match was midfielder Nenad Milijas, who combines harassment with subtle distribution. It is often the odd defensive lapse that costs Wanderers - they are rarely beaten by many.

Hard-working striker Kevin Doyle has returned to fitness and may well figure. Other returnees to training after injury are midfield enforcer Karl Henry and experienced defender Jody Craddock. Marcus Hahnemann was sharp at Stamford Bridge but is likely to be a sub for this game with McCarthy keeping faith with Wayne Hennessy, despite the two goals conceded at Upton Park last time out.

Chelsea Team News:
Didier Drogba's astute finish against Aston Villa was his third strike in six league games and he is still to find sharpness after his bout of malaria. The invaluable Ivorian tops the Premier League on combined totals of goals and assists with 18, nine of each. That accounts for half of Chelsea's 36 goals this season, and means contributions have led to three times as many goals as the blues next best 'assistant'.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has Branaslav Ivanovic available again after suspension, and has to decide where in defence to play the Serb, following 19-year-old Jeffrey Bruma's mostly promising first league start in the centre on Sunday. The Italian coach may never the less elect to field either Paulo Ferreira or Jose Bosingwa at right-back to accommodate Ivanovic's aerial power alongside John Terry.

With Mikel and Yury Zhirkov still out Chelsea's midfield may well remain unchanged, although the hectic festive programme played by just a few personnel may require Josh McEachran or Gael Kakuta to play some part. Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge both stirred things up when they came on against Villa and will be pushing for starts if the Double winners need freshening upfront.

Wolves Stats and Milestones:
  • Wolves have kept just six clean sheets in 29 home games since returning to the Barclays Premier League in 2009.
  • This term they have won 14 points out of a possible 30 at Molineux with wins against Stoke, Man City, Sunderland and Birmingham, draws with Newcastle and West Ham and defeats to Aston Villa, Arsenal, Bolton and Wigan.
  • The hosts have only kept two clean sheets in the Premier League in 19 matches, both of which have come in their last four games.
  • Three of Wolves five league wins have come in the last six games.
Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Chelsea are looking for a first away win since their 2-1 victory at Blackburn at the end of October. They have suffered three defeats and two draws since then.
  • They have won two, drawn four and lost four of their last 10 league games.
  • The Blues have the seventh best away record in the division with 12 points out of a possible 30 on their travels with victories at Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn, draws at Aston Villa, Newcastle and Tottenham and defeats to Man City, Liverpool, Birmingham and Arsenal.
  • Salomon Kalou's next strike will be his 50th Chelsea goal.
Head to Head:
Chelsea's last 10 games at Molineux against Wolves:
1971/72 Chelsea won 2-0 - old First Division
1972/73 Wolves won 1-0 - old First Division
1973/74 Wolves won 2-0 - old First Division
1974/75 Wolves won 7-1 - old First Division
1976/77 Drew 1-1 - old Second Division
1977/78 Chelsea won 3-1 - old First Division
1978/79 Chelsea won 1-0 - old First Division
1982/83 Wolves won 2-1 - old Second Division
2003/04 Chelsea won 5-0 - Premier League
2009/10 Chelsea won 2-0 - Premier League

The reverse fixture this season
23 October 2010 Premier League
Chelsea………..……2 Wolves………..….…0
Malouda 23
Kalou 81
Att: 41,752

Chelsea v Wolves in all competitions
Games played 100
Chelsea wins 37
Wolves wins 37
Draws 26

Head to head in the League at Molineux
Games played 48
Chelsea wins 15
Wolves wins 21
Draws 12

Biggest league win at Molineux for each team
Wolves 8-1 Chelsea - 26/09/1953 (Which is Chelsea's all time record league defeat)
Wolves 0-5 Chelsea - 20/09/2003

Days since?:
Chelsea won away in the Premier League: 68
Wolves beat Chelsea: 10,211

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

I voted for a draw but i have 2 scorelines in my head. I think it will either be a 1-1 draw or a late 2-1 win for Chelsea.

Why the "Lol"?

With the way Chelsea have been going about there business lately! Anything could happen.
3-0 is optimistic to say the least. Hopefully it will be 2-1 to Wolves but I can see it being 1-1.

3-0 is optimistic to say the least. Hopefully it will be 2-1 to Wolves but I can see it being 1-1.

I don't think it is, Wolves know Chelsea are having a hard time at the moment, and thinking about it what do Wolves have to lose? This is a game people expect them to lose, I honestly think they'll play a little more attacking then they normally would against a big team. On the over hand Chelsea have a lot to lose, they lose this game and that could practically end there title hope. Therefor I think they'll be on edge.

Wolves 3 - 0 Chelsea - Lets just see what happens.

Chelsea firing on all cylinders with a 4-1 win

0-0 lets keep it nice & simple. It'll be a physical game & considering the situation for both clubs, it'll pprobably turn into a scrappy affair with plenty bookings & no goals to show for it.

Although I am a Wolves supporter, I seriously can not see them winning tonight. It's going to be a very tense game for Chelsea, with the fans cheering us on until the bitter end. We have nothing to lose and all to gain, so I will say - Wolves 1-1 Chelsea with Stephen Hunt scoring a last minute equaliser

At Bridge, Wolves played well but lost the game. I think Wolves will draw the game or get a heavy spanking.

Wolves 1-1 Chelsea

Bore draw with Wolves snatching a late equaliser.

1-0 Wolves

Fletcher late winner

I hate Chavski

3-1 for Chelsea, cant see us stumbling against Wolves to be honest

Chelsea Squad:
Petr Cech
Jose Bosingwa
Ashley Cole
John Terry
Branislav Ivanovic
Ramires
Frank Lampard
Michael Essien
Florent Malouda
Salomon Kalou
Didier Drogba

Subs:
Ross Turnbull
Paulo Ferreira
Jeffrey Bruma
Gael Kakuta
Josh McEachran
Daniel Sturridge
Nicolas Anelka

Wolves 1 - 0 Chelsea

I hope.

I think it'll be Wolves 1 - 2 Chelsea though.