Wonder why all the best regens come out of Brazil?

DMuusers

Reaction score
Finally SI have included the youth quality in the editor. I just went through it quickly and explains why Brazil have absolute great regens all the time and the rest not so much. Also says something about how much SI value the Dutch and English compared to Spain, France, Italy and Germany. (Hint, Holland and to lesser extent England are far underrated IMO ;))

They create regens based on a number ranging from 0-200, 0 being terrible and 200 being Lionel Messi every year. Click the spoiler for the most common and/or surprising nations. You can check other nations in the editor.

Brazil -185
Argentina -167
Mexico -160
Germany -160
Spain -159
France - 158
Russia -155
Turkey -151
Italy -151
Egypt -145
Nigeria -141
England -139
USA -138
Holland -127
Colombia -121
China -121
Japan -117
Portugal -117
Iran -107
Ivory Coast -107
Algeria -102
Croatia -98
Greece -95
Czech Republic -95
Australia -90
Uruguay -90
Sweden -88
Poland -88
Belgium -85
Ireland -83
Canada -54
San Marino -29

Some really strange surprises for me. Some nations are ranked way higher or lower than you would imagine.

Interesting stuff! Good for those you manually search through the regens- tells us where to focus our searching. Holland should be way up higher.

Nice list, it shows where we should focus on searching... Thanks.

Where is this in the Editor? Would be nice to see the other nations

Sucks that Canada's is that low. I guess SI doesn't agree that the development of academies at Toronto FC, Vancouver Whitecaps, and Montreal Impact is not doing good things for Canadian football.

How is Portugal that low after we had produced Cristiano Ronaldo, Figo, Rui Costa, Pauleta, Nani, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, João Moutinho etc.

And how the fuc* mexico has got 160?????

This is just stupid

IMO Mexico is overrated, but they have produced a good crop of youngsters recently, so it's not that overrated. It reflects their current status. That said, Holland's underrated, especially when you compare it to Japan and China (Seriously...). Uruguay should be at least 15 points higher (They're below ****** Iran, seriously... Iran), and Portugal should have 130. The USA is overrated as well IMO, but they've taken foreign players into their youth setup and they've done well for them and this should be reflected, so it's not that bad I guess.

Just signed a 14 year old brazillian on a free, well £2.54mill compo! Season before, i signed 4 or 5 brazillians with at least 4 star potential, 2 of which got given 1st team places straight away! Will post screenshots tomorrow!

Andre...my main striker!
View attachment 211866

2 youth 1st teamers:Adriano & Ricardo.
View attachment 211867View attachment 211868

And 3 youth prospects!
View attachment 211869View attachment 211870View attachment 211871

Potential 14 year old (pending WP) Fagner:
View attachment 211872

Last edited:
I can't find this on the info tab, is it hidden? Do I have to select something to be able to see it?

Is there anyway to change these so different nations start producing better youth and how do I get onto this editor to see the information?

Well you can't change it with current saves (FMRTE doesn't have the option either, probably will though in a future release), but you can download the editor through steam. Do a search, there's a thread devoted to this.

It's in the editor under the nation information tab, called youth rating (under FA patience).
Screen on where to find it:
View attachment 212067

good stuff. now i know why teh best regen players come from there, brazil especially.

This is what I was about to say, Montanaro.

The game probably uses this number combined with the club academies of the country.

i'm not going to check the spoiler, but i agree that some nations are seriously under-rated. i'm doing a network game with my mate, we're currently in the 6th season so there should be plenty of good regens available. we can only seem to find good brazilian, argentinian, french and spanish regens. we're really struggling to get the 8 players trained in england as there are NO good regens. man city seem to have all the good young english talent and even they're terrible compared to the foreigners.

keep in mind several times within the last 10 years that england (on paper) have had the best team national team on the planet. and this is coming from a scotsman :p england are well underrated in it.

In the last 10 years England have never had the best national team on the planet. The English national team is seriously over-rated by the media.

In the last 10 years England have never had the best national team on the planet. The English national team is seriously over-rated by the media.

you've missed the part where i said, "on paper". and i stand by that. joe hart - ashley cole, gary neville, rio ferdinand, john terry, lampard, gerrard, milner, beckham, scholes, rooney. on paper they've had the best team at some point in the past 10 years :)

I didn't miss that part, and no they didn't.

As I said, England's national team is vastly over-rated by the media. If you look objectively, there has been a better team than England (ON PAPER) at any point over the past 10 years.

individually, they could challenge anyone, as a team, they can't.

Better GK's than Joe Hart?
Better Defenders than Ashley Cole and Terry?
Better Midfielders than Gerrard and Lampard?
Better 9-1/2's than Rooney?