Wonder why all the best regens come out of Brazil?

If you're talking about the past, you could be right. If you're talking about the present... Gerrard and Lampard aren't world class anymore, neither is Terry.

None of those English players are the best in the world at what they do. I'd rather have any Barca player.

I didn't miss that part, and no they didn't.

As I said, England's national team is vastly over-rated by the media. If you look objectively, there has been a better team than England (ON PAPER) at any point over the past 10 years.

i disagree, but everyones entitled to an opinion mate. take for instance italy vs france 2006 world cup final, england on paper was better than both those teams.

i agree that Brazil produce good regens, so do Argentina France Spain & Egypt (surprisingly). England & Wales might produce the odd one but not enough to fill a 23 man squad for a tournament.

Say your a manager of a club in Ireland, and you develop their youth facilities + training etc, would it not make the regens better?

I got quite a few awesome holland youth players so I would say I am quite shock holland is so low... OMG and England so low? You kidding me? Although I have to agree with France. France is youth talent... Only got few words... "Too good to be true." Got players that is the next zinedine zidane in my squad... Only appear 8 times for first team and is only 17 years old

Belgium only has 85... that's a bit odd, since in the last 5-10 years you've had Courtois, Hazard(s), Fellani, Defour, Witsel, Lukaku, De Brunye, Kompany... OK, the country is yet to really do something but just look at the quality coming through.

Egypt is mad in my save, four 190+ PA regens within 8 years.

Lazy work by SI, i mean those youth ratings are so out-dated!! Not a reflection of modern football whatsoever!!

Disappointed to find Belgium so low, does anyone know if the patches have changed these? Some nations such as Belgium, Portugal and the Netherlands are too low, whilst I'd disagree with the extent of which Brazil are 'in the lead' on producing good players, I'd agree that they are marginally the best, but countries such as Spain, Italy and Argentina should be closer imo. England is about right imo, have you seen our current crop? Not many look like they're Champions League deciders, maybe Oxlade, Hart and to a lesser extent Welbeck - but no one is particularly stand-out.

Disappointed to find Belgium so low, does anyone know if the patches have changed these? Some nations such as Belgium, Portugal and the Netherlands are too low, whilst I'd disagree with the extent of which Brazil are 'in the lead' on producing good players, I'd agree that they are marginally the best, but countries such as Spain, Italy and Argentina should be closer imo. England is about right imo, have you seen our current crop? Not many look like they're Champions League deciders, maybe Oxlade, Hart and to a lesser extent Welbeck - but no one is particularly stand-out.

What great players have Portugal turned out in recent years? Other then CR7, no-one. I'd agree Spain and Argentina need to be closer but Italy aren't even close IMO.

The guy that rated the countries must've been doing drugs
Seriously, Mexico above Italy, France, Spain, England, Holland and Portugal?!

And how the **** did Turkey, Nigeria, China and the USA score that high?!
So much for this game being realistic

edit:

ikeep in mind several times within the last 10 years that england (on paper) have had the best team national team on the planet. and this is coming from a scotsman :p england are well underrated in it.

England haven't had the best national team since others started playing football

individually, they could challenge anyone, as a team, they can't.

Better GK's than Joe Hart?
Better Defenders than Ashley Cole and Terry?
Better Midfielders than Gerrard and Lampard?
Better 9-1/2's than Rooney?

1.Casillas, Buffon, Lloris, Neuer, Adler... do I need to go on?
2.Lahm, Maicon, Ramos, Alves, Evra, Thiago Silva, Hummels, Chiellini... do I need to go on?
3.Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Modric, Snejder, Silva, Nasri, Pirlo... do I need to go on?
4.Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Higuain... do I need to go on?

take for instance italy vs france 2006 world cup final, england on paper was better than both those teams.

How do you figure?
Can you seriously tell me with a straight face that Robinson was better than Buffon and Barthez? Or that Terry was better than Cannavaro and Thuram? Or that Lampard was ever better than Pirlo or Zidane? Or that Owen was better than Del Piero or Trezeguet?

The english team didn't have a single best player in his position, let alone an entire team

Seriously, there's a reason England never wins anything

Last edited:
England needs more technical players, nothing more. end of story, now get back to topic.

Now it's possible to edit this in fmrte, i love using it to make some obscure nations produce great regens and take over that national team and try to challenge the big nations!

But why.. just why is Holland so low, how can USA be higher (though I think the USA will come up with very good players in the future) and how is Nigeria so high? SI need to answer some questions

Well let's hope they fixed the numbers for FM13, but if they didn't, I know I'll be changing the database.

Personally, I always felt that the value is given depending on how important producing youth is in those nations. While England has a talented youth base, they are not exactly a priority for English teams. The Premier League and Championship are obsessed with buying ready made players from abroad so they put little time into training they own. Southampton, West Ham & Arsenal are exceptions to this but a vast majority of clubs in England would rather buy than develop. . . . thus rating the likelihood of a 16yr old English kid realizing him potential very unlikely.

Manchester United are on of the best clubs in the world for producing youth, too bad for England, there aren't many other teams doing it.

Belgium's is low too, considering that Lukaku, Hazard, Kompany, Fellaini, Witsel, Boyata all have great potential