World Class players at your club

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
As I sit here with the old man (Manchester City fan) watching the City vs Newcastle game, we're having quite a heated debate about how many and who are the "world class" players at your club. The word "world class" I think is thrown around far to easy these days but as a United fan, i'd say;

Wayne Rooney
Nemanja Vidic
Patrice Evra

These three are the only World Class players at United in my opinion.

This is a thread open to debate but please stay on topic and dont abuse other peoples opinions whether you agree or disagree.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Honestly? Villa don't have any world class players. It's part of the reason why I love them so much. No prima donnas, just hard work, dedication and determination. The closest we've got to a world-class player is Ash Young, though in the future I expect Delfouneso to come close to being world-class.

It really depends on how you interpret 'world class'.

But it's irrelevant as Burnley have zero. Though I do think our loanee, Jack Cork, will play for the full England side in time.

Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie.

Mikkel Andersen - Future Denmark #1

Rab Douglas is world class for Dundee, saved 2 penalties this season.

Pablo Aimar, Javier Saviola, Fábio Coentrão

In my opinion, Alex (on his day), Lampard, Drogba, Essien and Kalou (who is definetly the unsung Chelsea hero) :)

Rab Douglas is world class for Dundee, saved 2 penalties this season.

brought a smile to my face remembering the bombscare that is big rab ;)

closest we have had in recent years is Henrik Larsson

Edwin van der Sar
Rafael
Nemanja Vidic
Rio Ferdinand
Patrice Evra
Antonio Valencia
Darren Fletcher
Paul Scholes
Nani
Wayne Rooney

and, err, Bebe (A)

Edwin van der Sar
Rafael
Nemanja Vidic
Rio Ferdinand
Patrice Evra
Antonio Valencia
Darren Fletcher
Paul Scholes
Nani
Wayne Rooney

and, err, Bebe (A)

He said world class players. Valencia, Fletcher and Rafael are definitely not, Nani's slowly getting there, and Ferdinand has been there. Half of them are just your favourites.

He said world class players. Valencia, Fletcher and Rafael are definitely not, Nani's slowly getting there, and Ferdinand has been there. Half of them are just your favourites.

coming from a guy who reckons Van Persie is world class? its all a matter of opinions.

coming from a guy who reckons Van Persie is world class? its all a matter of opinions.

Of course it's opinions, but you're bound to get stupid ones. RvP is definitely there, he is a superb finisher and so, so strong when fully fit.

Back