World Class players at your club

Tevez
Yaya Toure
Kompany
De Jong ( at what he does)

Sorry mate, if you think Lampard is not world class then no mid fielder is. 20 goals for 5 seasons in a row is no joke. Even i say Terry,.

Don't get me wrong, Lampard is a quality player, probably the best goalscoring central midfielder the Premiership has ever seen. But I don't think he could walk into any side in the world and clamp down a regular starting place. It depends how you look at 'World Class'.

For me, the only Chelsea players who could go to the best clubs in the world and play week in week out are Drogba, Essien, and Cole.

Don't get me wrong, Lampard is a quality player, probably the best goalscoring central midfielder the Premiership has ever seen. But I don't think he could walk into any side in the world and clamp down a regular starting place. It depends how you look at 'World Class'.

For me, the only Chelsea players who could go to the best clubs in the world and play week in week out are Drogba, Essien, and Cole.

Pretty much what he has said. My definition of world class is you could walk into most teams in the world. The likes of Flletcher and Scholes would not do that.

Drogba, Torres, Villa, Rooney, Ibra, Milito, Eto'o, Tevez, are world class or not according to you? Coz atmost 2 o 3 can start.

I judge on talents not whether a player walks into every team.

For Ex: ManUtd never play with AM so best of the best AMs wont be walking into our team.

Drogba, Torres, Villa, Rooney, Ibra, Milito, Eto'o, Tevez, are world class or not according to you? Coz atmost 2 o 3 can start.

For Ex: ManUtd never play with AM so best of the best AMs wont be walking into our team.

Just the thought of someone saying Fletcher is world class is crazy. You say you judge it by ability, but how many players are better than Fletcher. Surely they can't all be world class.

WOrld class should define the best in the world. Top 20ish. Quality and World class are different, world class players will be remembered in 20 years time. And unfortunately Fletcher won't be.

Our world class is coach. (Vahid Halilhodzic) if anyone heard for him

Just the thought of someone saying Fletcher is world class is crazy. You say you judge it by ability, but how many players are better than Fletcher. Surely they can't all be world class.

WOrld class should define the best in the world. Top 20ish. Quality and World class are different, world class players will be remembered in 20 years time. And unfortunately Fletcher won't be.

Till date we remember andrei kanchelskis, steve coppell, i dont think they we Top 20ish.

Anyways flashy players often rated as world class as they are pleasing to watch.

As I said, it depends how you interpret 'World Class'.

Obviously your views differ but is there any need to try and force them? I didn't say this is what World Class is and everyone should agree with me.

Out of those players you mentioned, say the benchmark for the best club is Barca, I would say only 4 or maybe 5 could play week in week out for them.

Those being Villa (Already there), Torres, Rooney, Drogba, maybe Tevez (Undecided).

VDS, Vidic, Evra (on previous seasons' form), Scholes, Rooney (last season's form), Berba (when he's at his best). Also nani in a couple seasons time.

As I said, it depends how you interpret 'World Class'.

Obviously your views differ but is there any need to try and force them? I didn't say this is what World Class is and everyone should agree with me.

Out of those players you mentioned, say the benchmark for the best club is Barca, I would say only 4 or maybe 5 could play week in week out for them.

Those being Villa (Already there), Torres, Rooney, Drogba, maybe Tevez (Undecided).

I'm not forcing you. But when Chelsea supporter doesnt rate Lampard as world class it is very hard to take. He is your best player for what 6 years?

I agree the term World Class is thrown around too much but for Chelsea i think Terry, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Anelka and Drogba are all world class.

Tbh, some of the names I presented on this thread are not world class. That includes Nani, Valencia, Fletcher and Rafael. Could count Edwin van der Sar because he is on his last legs.

Please, do not take it seriously. I was just having a minor messabout and was not paying attention.

However, I do stand by the point of some players, such as Vidic, Ferdinand and Rooney being world class. Vidic and Ferdinand can be considered as not world class anymore but, imo, I think they are. Together, they are superb - or rather were because Ferdinand has been out for sometime.

Fabregas.

Lol Bale, you must be joking. Talk about overrating your players.

Back