World of Warcraft Cataclysm

YTFC Fan

Reaction score
Well, not long to go. The only other game to ever tear me away from Football Manager and its previous versions.

Must say I am looking forward to it. Though not as much as previous expansions. I couldn't wait for Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King but IMO the game is so dumbed down these days I don't play it quite so often.

Anyone else play? If so I am on Quel'Thalas realm.

I don't play anymore and won't be getting Catagasm but I used to play a Tankadin on EU-Outland.

f3e8d831cf1d361c4894de71024d6d64ebc86d5e.png

:wub:

I don't play anymore and won't be getting Catagasm but I used to play a Tankadin on EU-Outland.

lol.

Whats everyones impression of Cata so far?

Ive been leveling my disco priest, 84 atm, mostly with dungeon spam as shadow questing is qq. Impressions so far is that the games gotten harder, a wrong pull can easily result in me going oom etc. However the game might have gotten harder but the players havent improved yet (hopefully they will) at least in normal dungeons, they still stand in ****, dont focus down the correct targets etc just unlike with wrath it matters in cata.

I used to play myself (WoTLK), but so many childish idiots showed, and the hackers were a problem, so that put me right off. Tried the trial of Catacylsm, and sadly, not impressed. Besides, FM 2011 is my new true :wub:

probably will be getting it christmas, i am torn between which 80 to level 1st or just rerolling goblin rogue. Any new dramatic changes (played when they added in tauren pala's ect)?

probably will be getting it christmas, i am torn between which 80 to level 1st or just rerolling goblin rogue. Any new dramatic changes (played when they added in tauren pala's ect)?

Do you know how many rogues have caused me greif??!!! :mad: lol

I used to play myself (WoTLK), but so many childish idiots showed, and the hackers were a problem, so that put me right off. Tried the trial of Catacylsm, and sadly, not impressed. Besides, FM 2011 is my new true :wub:

Depends on what youre doing in terms on encountering idiots. If you take the time to find and apply to decent guilds youre shielded from it, if you only pug, youre gunna come accross plenty of tools. Plus you post on fmbase, arent you now immune to childish idiots?

Yeh hacking did seem to increase, although im just basing this on anecdotal evidence. Theyve taken great steps to combat this with the authenticator. You can buy a key fob, get a free app for youre mobile device and recently theyve introduced a free phone number authenticator which only requires you to phone up the automated service if youre logging in somewhere strange eg China as youre a hacker :)

You played when they introduced Tauren paladins? well that was 3 weeks ago and not much changed since apart from access to cata content.

Last edited:
my account time ran out and it's christmas just around the corner, so no money for wow or cata, so long nights of trying to get birmingham to win the prem and passed 1st ko round of europe. Got level 12 tauren pala, Btw got 3 80's all over 5k GS but my main was 5.9k and LK achievement was just out of reach for me =(( .

Was in a guild called Homeland. Really really friendly guild, and always ready to help if anyone was in trouble (all this talk is making me want to reactivate my account now lol). There was just so many times I wanted to hand in a quest, but there was always some hordie who would pwn the town I was meant to hand it in to, or just pwn me. And ganking became a serious problem.

I nearly got an authenticator, until I found out they could be got into aswell. Don't know if thats true or not, just saw it mentioned on a forum a month or so back

Was in a guild called Homeland. Really really friendly guild, and always ready to help if anyone was in trouble (all this talk is making me want to reactivate my account now lol). There was just so many times I wanted to hand in a quest, but there was always some hordie who would pwn the town I was meant to hand it in to, or just pwn me. And ganking became a serious problem.

I nearly got an authenticator, until I found out they could be got into aswell. Don't know if thats true or not, just saw it mentioned on a forum a month or so back

Ive rarely come accross that problem myself as ive mostly played on servers that are pve and have had an ally majority (the faction i play most) so on the odd occasion its happened (maybe 5-6 times in my 2 years of wow) someones come along quickly and killed the horde.

Authenticators are ALMOST foolproof but not quite but even then for it to fail youd have had to have been on dodgy **** where youd get a virus that would specifically target youre authentictor eg a private server or gold selling site, plus it would also have to by pass youre anti virus.

aye thats true. I've got the Norton 360 and it's real good. I have to say though, I've had tonnes of spam sent to me hotmail account, never clicked a link. Seen all the dubious adverts in the chat channels, and not a chance in ****. Its definately not worth getting the accound banned for, and its just blatant cheating. What Realm? I was (or technally still am) in Scarshield. Had a lvl 72 DK, but concentrated on levelling human warrior which is currently stuck on 42

yeh i got a load of those emails to my hotmail as well so switched to gmail both in terms of the email i use and my battle.net email that I log into wow with.

I play on Aszune got a Huntard, Disco Priest, Prot Pally, Resto Druid at 80=>

and an 80 prot pally on Bronze Dragonflight

I think im gunna level fresh on a new server, Draenor with Taylor Thomas Lee.

Last edited:
Ah right. Have to admit, if I was to start again from the beginning, I would try a different realm. I do remember last time, that if I had to get stuff from the AH the prices were ridiculous, and because there were so mny people, when I was mining veins were a nightmare to find once I hit gold and silver.

Ah right. Have to admit, if I was to start again from the beginning, I would try a different realm. I do remember last time, that if I had to get stuff from the AH the prices were ridiculous, and because there were so mny people, when I was mining veins were a nightmare to find once I hit gold and silver.

Making money is ridiculously easy these days, questing alone will cover any expense up until end game including leveling a prof (although not atm past 450, ie stuff that needs cata mats) and you dont really need to buy gear until you hit 85 and even then you dont need to you could just spam level 85 normal dungeons instead.

Dear Gregor Smith,

Just thought you'd like to know Lee Taylor sent you £20.00 GBP.Note from Lee Taylor:

Catagasm x

I haven't played since Ulduar (year and a half?), cleared all but a couple of the hard modes & Algalon within a couple of months of release and got bored, wasn't a big fan of WotLK. and I'm still getting tons of emails to my hotmail account. tempted to start playing again with Cata, but I don't really have the time to play these days, and we all know this game demands an awful lot of your time..

at least FM doesn't require me to be ready, assembled and prepared by 7.00pm server time in order to play a match!

You didn't miss much if you stopped after Ulduar, although it's a shame you never got to see Algalon because that was a very cool fight. The two raids after Ulduar though were very meh, including the Lich King encounter.

Nope, not tempting in the slightest. I like MMOs (Darkfall, Ultima Online, Star Wars: Galaxies), but WoW never appealed. No risk (Can't loot other players), auto-aim, gear-based, levels, instances... Just not my kind of game.

I played WoW a couple of years ago, got the 67 or so and quit (Outland after RAF to 60 kills you with boredom), returned in late October, made it to 80 and got bored in the wait for Cataclysm (wanted any new alt to be a goblin, and not much of a dungeon-er). I do intend to get Cata at some point, if only so I have something to play...

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Nope, not tempting in the slightest. I like MMOs (Darkfall, Ultima Online, Star Wars: Galaxies), but WoW never appealed. No risk (Can't loot other players), auto-aim, gear-based, levels, instances... Just not my kind of game.

I was in the Darkfall beta, had some friends over to prove I'd actually got in, we were slightly tipsy and one of them decided to attack someone else in town :'(