world of warcraft love it or hate it

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 6K
Sorry not the US version but it's set to connect to the US servers. Where did you sign up for the trial?

If you have signed up for a US trial sign up for an EU one instead and then do this...

Go To... \World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\realmlist.wtf

and delete whatever is in that file and just copy and paste the following:

Code:
set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist eu.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu

Save that and it should be set up for EU servers.

Last edited:
It's awesome imo,
and i'm not "geeky" its not a geeky game its only what you make it
if you spend 16hours a day infront of the screen and dont do anythin else yes you are "geeky"
but i personally love it,
what server do any of you guys play on? :)

Played few years back - was not very good had a 63 elf hunter but started playing again couple hours in and have a level 7 human warlock but have no clue how to play.

I play it casually, have done for a few years. Also, I wouldn't class myself as a 'geek', but what's wrong with being one? 0-o

hate it. look what it did to South park!!! :O

I played it for 10 minutes on this computer, hated it.
Played it at my friends, hated it.

I have no clue why people actually play it. Even asked my "friend" [he's not a friend anymore, more a moody git.] why and he said it gives him something to do. I think he played it too much hence why he failed his highers.

Same with all the MMORPG's IMO. I don't understand why people play them for such long periods of time [5+ hours a day] but I'm not going to condemn them for doing it.

WoW is a good linear game. It's got a lot less bugs than most games, and it's well executed and marketed. It's probably the least innovative of all MMOs, but it has taken many other ideas and pulled it off. But to me it's a terribly boring game, as there's no risk. At all. Argueably the first MMO, Ultima Online, was much like a social experiment, as there were no in game restrictions on who you could attack. Additionally, you could steal all their stuff. The result? It was ******* dangerous as these sociopathic geeks were unleashed on each other. This added up to people carrying equipment of good quality, but still affordable, allowing everyone, not only noobs, to PK and survive. Other features such as your own house (and even castle!) was terrific! Ultima didn't have levels either, and it didn't take long to skill up to a survivable level, and as an added bonus, the skill level (0.0 -100.0) didn't make that much of a difference relative to levels in WoW. Oh, and did I mention you could own a boat and hunt for treasure? However, EA happened.

These days you've got Darkfall which is relatively close. All these players have one thing in common - they don't want the safe environment of WoW. Darkfall does have its faults, such as a skill cap which made UO balanced, but as Dagbladet, a Norwegian newspaper, wrote:

"Darkfall isn't the nice auntie that stands at the ready with a plaster and blows on your knee if you've hurt yourself, it's the nasty uncle that chucks you into the freezing water to find out whether you can swim or not."

I once tried to get the trial for this game but it wouldnt work.
WoW is similar to Runescape though, I hear and I used to spend hours on Runescape each day.

I once tried to get the trial for this game but it wouldnt work.
WoW is similar to Runescape though, I hear and I used to spend hours on Runescape each day.

The only way Runescape and WoW are similar is the genre, they're both MMORPGs. The similarities end there really.

I used to play Guild Wars quite a bit as it doesn't require spending £10+ a month but is a good online game. I'd recommend Guild Wars to anyone who is looking to get into MMORPG's but doesn't want to commit to a full monthly subscription.

Lol I used to play Guild Wars aswell. :)

Warcraft 3 was a amazing game, Then I was really excited about WOW but got bored very quickly, Me and my mate would just go into a battlefield and click on a enemy and that was that, Warcraft 3 > WOW

The game is really addcitive,I played it for a while but I realised I was getting addcited and stopped....atleast 40 percent of the people who play wow are addicts I will say,

Warcraft 3 was a amazing game, Then I was really excited about WOW but got bored very quickly, Me and my mate would just go into a battlefield and click on a enemy and that was that, Warcraft 3 > WOW
Agreed. And it was the immense success of Warcraft 3 that help WOW to instant popularity on it's release.

The game is really addcitive,I played it for a while but I realised I was getting addcited and stopped....atleast 40 percent of the people who play wow are addicts I will say,

At least 40% of people who play FM/CoD/Lego Batman are addicts.

Agreed. And it was the immense success of Warcraft 3 that help WOW to instant popularity on it's release.

Really they should tone down wow a little....peope are seriously addcited and they fail their exams cos of it

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

At least 40% of people who play FM/CoD/Lego Batman are addicts.

Lego Batman??

Cod agreed....you just have to go on Youtube and I will say that for wow as well,FM not as many people play it as wow,so 40 percent is still not too much if you compare it to 40 percent who play wow

Like any game it is decent with friends. I've tried playing it solo (not fun) and then started again with friends doing the Refer-A-Fried 3x xp thing, got up to 60 so fast it was enjoyable, but the grind from there killed me and I quit around 66.

Back