WrestleMania XXVII

Most of the card is predictable, given that WrestleMania is the 'feel-good' night of the year and hence the faces will go over. However, this year it's a little different, in that I believe one of the heels is going to go over and win either the World Heavyweight Championship or the WWE Title. As for who, I think it depends entirely on one man; The Rock. If the WWE can tie him into a six month programme, culminating in a match at SummerSlam, then I fully expect him to screw Cena out of a WWE Title win and in the process start a feud with Cena. If not, then Cena will win and The Rock will raise his hand and then give him a Rock Bottom to send the crowd home happy. Forgot to add, I think he will be added as the special guest referee tomorrow night on Raw.

The card (I think) has eight matches at the moment, and my predictions are as follows:
Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes - Rey Mysterio.
John Morrison, Trish and Snooki vs Dolph Ziggler and LayCool - Snooki to pin Layla and get the win.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan - Sheamus.
Randy Orton vs CM Punk - Randy Orton (although I'd love Punk to pick up a win here).
Edge vs Alberto Del Rio - depends on the outcome of Miz vs Cena. If Cena wins, then ADR. If Miz wins, then Edge.
Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs Michael Cole - The King to finally get his WM moment. Biggest pop of the night expected here.
Undertaker vs HHH - Undertaker. He will not lose at WrestleMania. Ever.
The Miz vs John Cena - depends whether or not WWE have The Rock for a couple months. If I had to plump for a winner I'd say John Cena, as The Rock has bigger fish to fry in Hollywood.

Anybody got any thoughts on any of this?

The Rock is not on a 6 month programme. He's only scheduled for one more show after WrestleMania - and that is for the night after. However he has a gentlemans agreement that he will try and show up to shows more often, rather than having 7 years without even getting mentioned properly.

My predictions;

Rey Mysterio def Cody Rhodes
Sheamus def Daniel Bryan
John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki def LayCool and Dolph Ziggler
Jerry Lawler def Michael Cole
CM Punk def Randy Orton
Alberto Del Rio def Edge
The Miz def John Cena
The UnderTaker def Triple H

The Rock will get involved in the WWE Title match, beating both men down and Miz will recover and win (simply because it's too predictable to have Cena win and they have had Miz over as the sort of champion that looks like he could lose the title at any opportunity).

Austin will beat the **** out of Jack Swagger and Michael Cole for what they did to Jim Ross. King to win with his jumping fist off the middle rope.

Ahh... I remember watching WWE. I fell out of love with it after their handling of Chris Benoit's tragic death. To try and wipe his name out of the history books, to try to never acknowledge he wrestled at all... this for one of the best wrestlers in recent times. That is just past despicable.

Last edited:
Ahh... I remember watching WWE. I fell out of love with it after their handling of Chris Jericho's tragic death. To try and wipe his name out of the history books, to try to never acknowledge he wrestled at all... this for one of the best wrestlers in recent times. That is just past despicable.
Benoit? Or am i missing something?

Ahh... I remember watching WWE. I fell out of love with it after their handling of Chris Jericho's tragic death. To try and wipe his name out of the history books, to try to never acknowledge he wrestled at all... this for one of the best wrestlers in recent times. That is just past despicable.

Chris Benoit?

Tbf, he did murder his son and wife before killing himself just as they were going into a PG programme and he was going mad on drugs which led his meltdown..

What's even more despicable is that you forgot his name. ;)

Think you mean Chris Benoit and to be fair they were heading to their PG rating and didn't want to associate themselves with a guy that killed his wife and son no matter how good a wrestler he was.

Benoit? Or am i missing something?

Benoit. Sorry, tired.

Chris Benoit?

Tbf, he did murder his son and wife before killing himself just as they were going into a PG programme and he was going mad on drugs which led his meltdown..

Right, but trying to write him out of all the history? Trying to take him out of the hall of fame? Trying to pretend he never existed? Benoit dedicated his life to the business, and after he died in tragic circumstances the business pushes him away. It's pretty despicable, to me.

What's even more despicable is that you forgot his name. ;)
Didn't forget it, you spoon, I typed the wrong one. :)

Think you mean Chris Benoit and to be fair they were heading to their PG rating and didn't want to associate themselves with a guy that killed his wife and son no matter how good a wrestler he was.
So you wouldn't associate yourself with someone who went through so much pain he killed himself and his family?

Bah, nevermind. That was all off-topic, sorry.

Last edited:
Benoit. Sorry, tired.

Right, but trying to write him out of all the history? Trying to take him out of the hall of fame? Trying to pretend he never existed? Benoit dedicated his life to the business, and after he died in tragic circumstances the business pushes him away. It's pretty despicable, to me.
Sorry if that sounded like i was having a go, didn't mean it like that XD

RAW tomorrow should be the best of the year.

Did anyone see the Raw tribute show they did for Benoit and his family before they found out it was murder?

GC, if you want to discuss Benoit further, use the WWE Thread :)

So you wouldn't associate yourself with someone who went through so much pain he killed himself and his family?

Bah, nevermind. That was all off-topic, sorry.

Personally I'm in the same boat as you in that he did a lot for the company yet has been treated like a piece of dirt. He was one of my favourite wrestlers when I watched it. I don't see the difference between Benoit's death and Guerrero's death as both were abusing drugs at the time yet Guerrero was inducted into their Hall of Fame

Personally I'm in the same boat as you in that he did a lot for the company yet has been treated like a piece of dirt. He was one of my favourite wrestlers when I watched it. I don't see the difference between Benoit's death and Guerrero's death as both were abusing drugs at the time yet Guerrero was inducted into their Hall of Fame

Guerrero had a heart attack in the bath and died by choking on his toothbrush.
Benoit flipped, killed his 7 year old son, his wife then hung himself because of drugs.

Massive difference. But that's off topic. Sorry Frank :wub:

I think The Undertaker v Triple H will be a better match than expected and the king v michael "the pain in the a$$" cole will definately end with the king winning, the reason i reckon this is because of the whole build up.....the whole "I have swagger in my corner" and "your son hates you" mostly ends in the person getting a kicking, which michael cole deserves, i miss the days of MC being a scared, shy commentator, my mind goes back to the whole "stone cold picks on MC for fun" story.....never the less!

Edge v ADR will be a cracking match also, but i think christian may turn on edge and help ADR - a predictable story may be christian doing it for money from del rio - who knows?!

My whole prediction for WM is:

Albert del Rio beats Edge
Cena beats miz
Undertaker beats HHH
Cody Rhodes beats Mysterio
Morrison, Trish & Snooki beat Dolph & LayCool.
King beats Cole
Randy beats CM Punk - with outside help
Bryan beats sheamus

Guerrero had a heart attack in the bath and died by choking on his toothbrush.
Benoit flipped, killed his 7 year old son, his wife then hung himself because of drugs.

Massive difference. But that's off topic. Sorry Frank :wub:

Ah right I heard that Guerrero was in the middle of a binge I know he did have problems with addiction to drugs throughout his life. Sorry everyone.

Anyway the match at Wrestlemania I'm looking forward to most is the Lawler-Cole match. I reckon that Swagger will turn on Cole with something along the lines of him not wanting a commentator winning a match at something as prestigious as Wrestlemania, turning Swagger face and getting him a shot at one of the World Championships

Rhodes to beat Mysterio. I mean, come on. Rey has been portrayed as the "Ultimate Underdog" but remember the Punk fued? How many matches did he actually lose? 0. Rhodes to get the win via Cross Rhodes.

Lawler to beat Cole. Cole as a heel has been out of this world. He has ****** me off to new levels, Lawler with a Piledriver for the win [Lawler has been performing it for years, he can do it safely and not kill Cole.]

Jomo/Stratus/Snookie to beat Ziggler/Lay-Cool. Straight off the bat... um... why? Why the **** is a Jersey Shore person even in this match? I hope Ziggler takes her out then Jomo takes out Ziggler with a Starship Pain.

Daniel Bryan to beat Sheamus. Because I like Bryan, all the way to his indy days. A brilliant technical wrestler. He should get the win over Sheamus in a close match.

Punk to beat Orton. Punk to hit Orton with some sort of a big move at the end. I like both wrestlers.

Taker to beat HHH. Seriously, the WWE forgot about their match at WM17 [great match.] Something similar will happen.

Edge to beat Del Rio. Del Rio's Cross Armbreaker is ******* vicious. He'll get it locked in during the match but Edge will get out and Spear him for a win.

The Miz to beat Cena. HOPEFULLY with the Rock's interference to set up a fued between the two leading to Summerslam.

Miz to beat Cena. The Rock to do something tasty in that and then a feud between Cena and The Rock which will go to Summerslam probably.
Edge to beat Del Rio. Christian to stop Ricardo Rodriguez or Brodus Clay from interfering, distracting Del Rio and a Spear from Edge. Something like that.
Undertaker to beat Triple H. Streak will survive and HHH will probably put his career on the line on Raw this week. Taker to disappear for another year and then Cena will challenge him for next Wrestlemania which will be Takers last
Jerry Lawler to beat Michael Cole. Swagger to turn on Cole and everybody to get involved in knocking the **** out of Cole.
Snookie, Stratus and Morrison to beat LayCool and Ziggler. Just for the sake of the faces winning at WM.
Sheamus to beat Bryan. Potential to be one of the best matches of the night, both very good wrestlers and nice contrast in their styles but Sheamus to get another push from here.
Rhodes to beat Mysterio. Rhodes to get a push from here and get title shots etc. Some cheap shot with the mask by Rhodes to win it.

That's what I think will happen, I think I might have missed a match but meh, it won't kill me

wrestlemaina all time favorite event in the calander of the wwe going to be ace this year

In regards to the Cena/Rock/Miz thing.....It has been rumoured that Cena would take over the Nexus but they didn't want to turn him heel because he draws a ton of money through Merchandise....But with the Rock now in for a rumoured 6 months, they could turn Cena heel and would sell a Ton a Rock Merchandise.....but i don't care, I just hope Cena eats a Rock Bottom and Peoples Elbow...

I think Del Rio will be Edge.

The Undertaker Vs Triple H thing will be very interesting, My mind says Undertaker will win because of the streak but you just never know. Maybe Undertaker himself is retiring because of injuries etc, and would like to Bow out against Triple H....Like Michaels did with Taker? But i cant call this match

I Hope CM Punk wins, that guy is awesome. I hate Orton's Character :)

And i think the Cole/Lawler match will be pretty good, with the King winning.....but you never know WWE could be throwing us a Red Heron and actually have Cole win the match....But 9/10 Lawler wins

The rest, i really couldn't care about. Jersey Shore is big in the states, and using Snooki is a way to try and gain PPV buys, simple marketing tool.

I sadly cant watch it :'(

the sky box wont dial out so we cannot order anything of PPV without sky seeing all sky boxes are there

it costs 60quid to get fixed tho or more if you just buy a new sky box :(

GUTTED