this is the best tactic in fm20, extreme solid defense but I must admit that I struggle to score more than two goals in my Bayern save, IF's don't score but i'm tweaking a little recently, AM to f9 and my wingers to attack instead of support, dribble less rather than run often, player instruction also, scored 9 goals in 2 matches, I might upload it tomorrow when I put my final touches and give it a go for probably 10 matches.
I had similar issues with not scoring enough so i changed both IF to attack and AM to SS. So far, so good but i will see how it goes over the course of a full season.

this is the best tactic in fm20, extreme solid defense but I must admit that I struggle to score more than two goals in my Bayern save, IF's don't score but i'm tweaking a little recently, AM to f9 and my wingers to attack instead of support, dribble less rather than run often, player instruction also, scored 9 goals in 2 matches, I might upload it tomorrow when I put my final touches and give it a go for probably 10 matches.

Look forward!

I have played like pre season 8 matches with assistant manager played these games.
And than I needed to play qualifying match champions league against a opponent who I should not lose to first match played 1-1 at home and second match 1-0 loss it was very hard to created chances let alone to score a goal.
Are you playing on FM Touch and following the instructions? Overall this is performing incredibly well for people.

20200101183823_1.jpg

20200101183759_1.jpg

20200101183740_1.jpg

First season playing the Libero version Danwolf put up to test. Going great so far, i've disabled the first transfer window to make it more realistic.
Cheers.

I was intrigued to see if it was because PSV are the "big team" in the league, so started a save this morning. Ignore the Super Cup game, I forgot to set the corner takers and marking, so got caught on the counter from two corners. -Played them off the park in the League game-

I didn't make any transfers and got the worst luck from injuries. (Had to actually play Mitroglou :cautious:. He didn't score in 5 games)

Porto have a far better team imo, so I was pretty chuffed with that result!

Every save is different though! Hopefully you can get it to work ASAP.

View attachment 155769

I do not know what the **** i am doing wrong, i cant score let alone not concede.
Just cant get this tactic to work for me.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

Decided to try this on my Man Utd save. I'm on my 3rd season. Used mainly Knaps and Chicken wing tactics for the 1st 2 season. PLugged this end of season 2. It took a while for the players to get used to the tactic but once they did, its unbeatable so far.

View attachment 205076
View attachment 205102

Decided to try this on my Man Utd save. I'm on my 3rd season. Used mainly Knaps and Chicken wing tactics for the 1st 2 season. PLugged this end of season 2. It took a while for the players to get used to the tactic but once they did, its unbeatable so far.

Which of the 2 tactics did you use? And did you change mentality for away games?

Which of the 2 tactics did you use? And did you change mentality for away games?
Blue blood version. And no mentality change. But I do drop the defensive line a notch if opponent does ball over top and we got caught a few times. Probably in only 3 away games that I had to do this. I think the key is to make sure the AMC man mark the correct opponent playmaker.

First of all - i love this tactic, but i have noticed a couple of of issues in the two tests i have ran.
  1. Struggle to get the best out of my IF's - they either have a stormer but more often are terrible
  2. The throw-in routine usually means that your WB's give the ball away frequently and then end up with a low rating. For some reason the ME seems to want to throw long throws regardless of whether you are actually attacking or are in your own half. Lost count of the number of long throws in our own half that have just ended up at the opponents feet.

I tweaked the settings for throw-ins just to be Mixed, with another of the MF coming short and that seems to help with the low WB rating.

Has anyone had any luck in how to increase the performance of the IF's???? Anyone had a look at any particular PPMs?

Last edited:
do you think the updated tactic is better than original? anybody tested both?

new tactic with libero's for now...looks like unstoppable tactic