WWE Thread

WWE just became interesting again. What a great RAW, crowd was amazing.
Here comes the pain!

Great to see brock back. i wonder what the storyline will be about.

Contrary to what others have said, I thought this weeks Raw was a major let down compared to last weeks. Brock Lesnar and Cena's brawl should have been last, with the brock attack coming at the start after Cena had made clear his feelings about that F5. The Three Stooges were far from funny, infact they were cringe worthy at best. Tensai, Clay, Marella, Ziggler and Ryder were all wasted.

Only good segment was Punk/Henry/Jericho and that's because it was made believable!

I agree on most Tombstone but i dont think Ziggler, Marella or Clay were wasted, Clay was being stuck in squash matches to the point the just had to remove him from TV until they found something for him, He has the fans behind him so pairing him with Marella is a sure fire way to keep them behind him as everyone loves Marella, Throw them into a tag match against low card wrestlers and it gives them no credit at all, They had to go against a team that is mid card atleast and that was Swagger and Ziggler.

Add to that the high chance of Ziggler and Swagger breaking up and it was a wise move, Last week they argue over who gets the pin, This week Swagger does'nt even try and save Ziggler from being pinned, A few weeks maybe at extreme rules that team is bound to break up with Ziggler or Swagger turning face, In all likelyhood Ziggler as Swagger does'nt have the ability or personality to get the fans on side like Ziggler does.Puts over Marella and Clay and keeps the fans behind them and builds up the tension between Swagger and Ziggler for the later fallout between them, Seems like one of the few things they got right about Raw this week.

Also i agree with the Punk/Jericho segment but i could do without Mark Henry, The first match they had was ok, 2 weeks running its boring and we get in again next week, Very poor matchup in my eyes as Punk cant really showcase his ability and not even he can make Mark Henry look good, Hes only even remotely watchable again fellow big men when the slow pace suits both wrestlers, Again anyone else he is just too slow and limits what they can do to the point they also become boring to watch.

The whole Jericho/Punk angle is good but Mark Henry should'nt be in that picture, They should have given that spot to someone more suited to his style who would put on a decent match aswell as result in the decent promo rather than just the latter, Ziggler would have been my choice or Rhodes if they were'nt pushing his angle with Big Show, Christian would have been the perfect choice giving Punk injured him but sadly hes not there just yet, I just hope they dont drag out the Mark Henry part and for the love of god do not put the belt on that man again.

Wonder how long until the fans will Boo Lesnar? its quite obvious that WWE are doing the story with Lesnar and Laurinitis a a team almost.

in my opinion. an act to get the fans cheering for Cena again after the brief cameo wrecked him from The Rock

I can imagine they are losing alot of money from Cena not being as popular lately

The WWE is actually up on sales of merchandise from sales of Cena's stuff, The kids still buy his stuff and those who hate him but the Cena sucks shirt ect so they are making more profit off his name than they would do if he was just hated or loved, He is the one wrestler they have whos merchandise sells to both sections of the fan base, Turning him full heel is not good for business for them just now because theres noone else who can get the sale figures he has for the younger fans apart from those who make cameo's like the Rock did but hes not coming back fulltime so Cena has to keep carrying that section on fans on his own pretty much.

As for Brock i totally agree putting anyone with that total clown Big Johnny is a sure fire way to kill off any chance of the fans getting behind them, Brock did'nt need that he would get enough heat from just destroying Cena while still selling merchandise to those who hate Cena, Now even those who hate Cena wont buy as much of his merchandise because Big Johnny is a total douche, He screws up on the mic constantly, Has no appeal at all and should have been kept away from that angle just like he was from the Cena/Rock angle and the Jericho/Punk angle, Throw his name into the mix and you pretty much turn it into a joke.

No matter how heel you make someone, Throw them in a match against Cena and the crowd is still split 50/50 unless its someone with no appeal at all, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger ect, But anyone even remotely decent will be cheered because people love to hate Cena, WWE know they cant change that, They would lose so much money from sale of merchandise to kids turning him heel so they just made merchandise for those who hate him too and increased sales even more.

See I don't think Brodus Clay is suited to Tag Team wrestling. His squash matches have built up to a dominant big man with a fun gimmick, taking him to the tag team scene limits how much more his character could develop.

Punk is the WWE's crown jewell at the moment, he's dynamite in the ring, superb on the Mic and a beast when it comes to selling a promo. I can't help but dream about how much better Punk would have been in the attitude era though. Imagine the fueds he could have had with the likes of Angle, The Rock and Stone Cold in their heyday. That would have been the only way to see just how good he is. Right now the WWE is lacking in any superstars that could hope to rival him, barring Jericho. It'll be interesting to see where and when Punk loses the title, unless the WWE are building for a Punk vs The Rock Wrestlemania title match next year.

Smackdown was absolutely terrible and is looking more and more like the forgotten show. Any WWE show that has to rely on Old men to help make the show watchable is struggling. On a better note, Pipers pit with Daniel Bryan was superb, about the only part worth seeing. I can only hope that the draft will throw some spanners into the Smackdown works and kick up some interesting scenarios.

While i do agree Clay is'nt suited at all to the tag team style that is purely because WWE does'nt have a tag team division nomore, Apart from Primo and Epico and the Usos you have no actual tag teams but just random superstars thrown together because WWE has nothing else for them right now, They should either build the tag team division back up to where it was years ago or just do away with it like they did the hardcore and cruiserweights because right now any tag teams just wont make it regardless of how good they could be unless they split up.

Smackdown is a serious joke week in week out now and i would rather see it scrapped and have all the stars on one show which allows for much better matchups, One of the few people who could have a great fued with CM Punk is ofcourse Daniel Bryan but their kept on different shows, Randy Orton and Sheamus are also wasted on Smackdown.

Right now i dont see anyone else you could put the title on if Punk was to lose it, Cena does'nt need it due to his fued with Brock, Jericho is going away on tour again soon so wont be around long enough, Orton and Bryan are on the wrong show, Ziggler and Cody are not quite there just yet so the choices are very limited.

With the draft coming up hopefully Bryan or Orton will switch to raw giving them someone viable to put the belt on and allow Punk to find a new fued once Jericho is gone but right now Punk, Ziggler and Bryan are the only ones worth watching but i am really hating big Johnny more and more each time i see him, Hes worse on the mic than the great khali, The idea works but the choice was way off with him, **** i would rather see Cole running the show than him.

First, wow, who knew there was such vigorous intelligent debate over something so inane.

Second, I would never have come to this thread if it hadnt just popped up on my search results for a "Chelsea RB" AND at the same time just finished watching the wrestling South Park episode. HILARIOUS. as a former wrestler, HILARIOUS.

Have fun fellas.

been watching the Invasion/Alliance storyline from 2001 and despite being 6 at the time I remember so much of it. Hardcore matches >>>. having title matches each week was much better than any attempt i have had watching from 2007 on

Wow. I will put money on alot of that match between Cena and Lesnar was not scripted!

Lesnar forgot how to wrestle, and just literally hit Cena.. Blood was everywhere after 10 seconds and this wasn't fake..

Honestly think Cena was hurt at the end.. First match in a long time that got me that interested tho

Little speech at the end kinda hinted at Cena being out.. Injured?, Quit?.. No idea

Last edited:

Wow Indeed. I really enjoyed the majority of Extreme Rules, thought it was one of the best PPV's in a LONG time. Punk vs. Jericho was fantastic, Daniel Bryan was great again and he is growing on me more and more and more each time I watch him. Orton Vs. Kane was boring IMO though, but despite that it was a great PPV and a nice bit of blood to finish it off made it feel nice and attidude-era-ish.

Wow Indeed. I really enjoyed the majority of Extreme Rules, thought it was one of the best PPV's in a LONG time. Punk vs. Jericho was fantastic, Daniel Bryan was great again and he is growing on me more and more and more each time I watch him. Orton Vs. Kane was boring IMO though, but despite that it was a great PPV and a nice bit of blood to finish it off made it feel nice and attidude-era-ish.

I agree, all matches were decent... After all the years of family themed PPV it was nice for a change!

However, Daniel Bryan still ****** me off!! haha

Wow at raw Aswell :p johnny v Cena... Brock v HHH... Interesting times

i was gutted when cena won but was a cool fight lesner should of won but i be glad when cena gose hes got boring

brock vs undertaker next wrestlemainia

Extreme Rules was probably the best PPV for at least four years, since ECW December to Dismember. I just hope that WWE keep that level of quality, rather than toning it down to play fighting. Not a bad match, I skipped the Divas one, and barely took notice of the Ryback one, but the rest were great.

What sort of name is Ryback? Sounds like something you eat when you are dieting.

I personally Like Cena, and so did everyone else until the Rock came on the scene

amazing how fickle fans can be in any sport...

I personally Like Cena, and so did everyone else until the Rock came on the scene

amazing how fickle fans can be in any sport...

I don't dislike him, I just don't like how the writers have made him into 'Super-Cena', so this run of tough matches and losses is taking that away thankfully.

Kinda like the hoards of Man City fans that suddenly appear soon after the Sheikhs take control....

Also, PPVs should be 15 rating, or at least not PG...

I don't dislike him, I just don't like how the writers have made him into 'Super-Cena', so this run of tough matches and losses is taking that away thankfully.

Kinda like the hoards of Man City fans that suddenly appear soon after the Sheikhs take control....

Also, PPVs should be 15 rating, or at least not PG...

Yea I agree, needs to go back to the 15 rating like the attitude era!

Wow. I will put money on alot of that match between Cena and Lesnar was not scripted!

Lesnar forgot how to wrestle, and just literally hit Cena.. Blood was everywhere after 10 seconds and this wasn't fake..

Honestly think Cena was hurt at the end.. First match in a long time that got me that interested tho

Little speech at the end kinda hinted at Cena being out.. Injured?, Quit?.. No idea

I see what you were talking about. First time I've watched wrestling since a kid and just switched on french tv to see cena and Lesnar (who I've watched a few times in UFC). Lesnar just thinks he's in the octagon again for the first three minutes and just frankly beats the **** out of Cena. Think he got a bit confused at the start!