XML Parsing Error Solution

Just delete that shortcut and create a new one from the original fm.exe file and it should be fine.

erm i just did a fresh install and now my code doesnt work wtf?? so now ive paid for it but cant play it any one with a spare code fancy giving me one??

Just delete that shortcut and create a new one from the original fm.exe file and it should be fine

where do i find the original fm.exe file, i cannot find it

thnx

sean would u be able to walk me through how to fix the game i have tried time and i time again and it wont work

where do i find the original fm.exe file, i cannot find it

thnx

Either at...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe

or

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe

Thanks for all your help, ive tried deleting the shorcut and making new one, i tried the target field one aswell but that didint work, i cant find the folders from your first post which you said delete, or the original fm.exe file, still no game which is annoying, is there anything else you may know which could help??

Thanks again.

I am desperate i have reistalled 3 times and i accidently turned my comp off during saving and now i cant start fm due to the xml **** error and its something to do with my last saved game. I have wiped everythingg including games and i need helppp!!!!!

Have you definitely downloaded the latest version of MSXML and deleted the settings folder inside AppData?

My games been fine since Christmas. Today this has been happening it totally closes my comp down an comes up XML Parsing error and then your system has recovered from a serious error. So i'm doing all this stuff. Hope it works. Can't be bothered re-installing the game lol.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I've done everything asked of me and now i've just opened the game and my skin has gone, wtf?!?

When you reset settings your skin changes back to default FM 09. Just go into prefernces, display and sound then change your skin back to the one you were using!

i don't seam to be able to load my last game from the start up menu have to go to load game and select it any idea why this is cheers

Looks like you still have the --reset_preferences command on your shortcut. Remove that and it will stop resetting your preferences :)

have just taking that away and it ios still doing it any ideas :(

---------------------------
XML parsing error!
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of s.xml

OK

That is my XML error

i have he same problem can any one tel me wat to do 8-|

Yes...read the first post.

What says something about pictures? Please explain.

XML Parsing Error

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
Right-click on the FM shortcut.
Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Other XML Errors

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

when i put that --reset_preferences,it says the name is not valid..what the function of the newer xml??please help me!!!this is the 5th time i reinstalled....

when i put that --reset_preferences,it says the name is not valid..what the function of the newer xml??please help me!!!this is the 5th time i reinstalled....

If you have installed using Steam the target box should read...

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences