Hi guys,

I haven't much time lately to check what's going on FM BASE world but what I can see now is that TotalFootballFan9 has made some solid and very popular tactics this year. That's why I wonder if anyone still playing and interested in AW'17 updates?
Let me know...

p.s. I'v been back in FM17 last few days and I'v tweaked little bit v4[D]efence 433 tac

Definitely continue! I love the home tactic and 4-2-3-1 fits my team perfectly (with DLP and BBM etc).

One "problem" I have though is finding Inside Forward regens. I can't really find any decent ones. Can you also use "normal" wingers that have a right foot on right wing etc?

Definitely continue! I love the home tactic and 4-2-3-1 fits my team perfectly (with DLP and BBM etc).

One "problem" I have though is finding Inside Forward regens. I can't really find any decent ones. Can you also use "normal" wingers that have a right foot on right wing etc?

The new [H]ome tactic is ready and it works amazing. You'r right about [D] tactic - it needs some more love. It's really hard to get decent results from 433 formation this year and it's very frustrating. I work on it now.

Yes I'v noticed this to - there are planty of great wingers regens but lack of IF. All great regens on my saves has left foot on left side (wingers) but very rarely the opposite. The solution is to retrain regen best foot.

Will post new tactics soon.

Last edited:
I agree. Would you be able to make one tactic with one IF (A) one side and one Winger (A) on the other side?. I noticed that with Attack mentality instead of Support, the IF and W scores a lot more. I do understand that defense wise will be weaker. I downloaded one korean tactic using this and scoring freely. Although i win most of the games but defense wise sure need to be improved. I always win like 4-2, 5-2, 3-2. Never clean sheet before lol.

What I have noticed is that I concede most of my goals when the opponent runs down the wing and (low) crosses it in. The CB's don't really seem to react and the wingbacks may be too far up the pitch to catch up (tends to happen in counter attacks). Not sure if you can do anything against it, because the fullbacks are important for the attacking play.

Hi mate, just want to say great work on this tactic it is great, however with the away tactics I haven't had the greatest of success, any potential updates on those away tactics?

Hi mate, just want to say great work on this tactic it is great, however with the away tactics I haven't had the greatest of success, any potential updates on those away tactics?

Sorry something comes up and don't have time for FM lately. Will get back to it asap.
I suggest to use only 4-2-3-1 tactics (H/A) for now.

how's your results mate? ever worked with a underdog side?

Im currently having a longterm save with Portsmouth and this tactic, back to back champions until the prem, winning the EL, League Cup in the process

Currently an SAF challenge save, where I brought West Bromwich from place 19th to place 7 and losing to Man utd in the FA Cup final what gave me European football, so yes, even with underdogs this works.

Will try this tactic with Nottingham Forest. I just promoted from Championship to Premier League.

What about defense tactic? Does it work? Or we should use only H and A?

I haven't really used the Defensive tactic for about 2 seasons now. The Home and Away (#3) tactics work pretty much every time. The only time they might not work is an important away game in the CL for example. Say semi final or whatever. I still tend to get my *** kicked then, but in general: they work.

So then I should always use Home at home and Away in away games regardless of opponents? I'm playing with Nottingham Forest in Premier League.

Yeah, that's what I am doing whilst playing with Liverpool in a network game. Do think I'll tweak the Away tactic abit to use in important games where I have to hold on to a lead (defensive tactic doesn't cut it). Not sure how yet, but.... :p

Does these tactics still work after updates? Been trying to make a good 4-2-3-1& 4-1-2-2-1 for ages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk