You can roughly tell who's going to win...

LiamOT

Reaction score
... by press split screen and look at the team rating.

Whatever team has the higher rating will not lose that match.

I had a match when I had way more shots/on target than the opposition. But simply because they had the higher match rating, the game ended in a draw.

Try it for yourselves.

well the players only play better due to tactics & your management mate...

of course a player with a higher rating will perform better than the exact same player at a lower rating...

haha, a team with a higher match rating than the other clearly means they're just performing better! Usually the team that performs better wins the match!

haha, a team with a higher match rating than the other clearly means they're just performing better! Usually the team that performs better wins the match!

That makes no sense then.

I'm dominating the match. The opposition have hardly had a touch of the ball, but they have the higher match rating which means they won't lose the match.

My prediction are true nearly all the time. When I have the higher match rating at HT, I will win the match. When I don't have the higher match rating at HT, I won't win the match (even if dominating).

Match ratings are a product of the current match performance. It does not in any way define that they will win, it is telling you who is performing better.

Match ratings are a product of the current match performance. It does not in any way define that they will win, it is telling you who is performing better.

Look at the image I just posted.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

My team is performing better. But since they have the higher match rating, whatever happens that team will not lose... Maybe even sneak a lucky win.

View attachment 305927

Great example of what I'm talking about.

That actually tells you nothing. all it tells you is that the defending team performed better at what they were doing. Ratings are a result of in match performance, based on what they did, which you can look at by checking their details stats.

Nothing more.

My team is performing better. But since they have the higher match rating, whatever happens that team will not lose... Maybe even sneak a lucky win.

I did.

Your theory is totally wrong, because you have misunderstood how ratings work.

I disagree and say that they performed much better mate.. they kept you at bay the whole game.. just because you had more shots does not mean you "played better"

they played better

I will only rest my case if someone can post an image of a lower match rating team winning because I have yet to see this on FM13.

I disagree and say that they performed much better mate.. they kept you at bay the whole game.. just because you had more shots does not mean you "played better"

they played better

This is where I don't understand the logic.

They're at home. They're higher than me in the league. They should be attacking me at HOME. But they can't but my team is performing very well. Better passing, better chance creation, better tackling, better possession.

But they have the higher match rating for keeping me at bay...:mad:

they played better

Indeed if you go to the detailed stats page in the game, you will see what they picked up ratings for.
Ratings are nothing more than an index score for the current performance.

I will only rest my case if someone can post an image of a lower match rating team winning because I have yet to see this on FM13.

that makes no sense mate.. of course the lower rated team won't win...

you were the lower rated team and you did not win..

you make no sense!

that makes no sense mate.. of course the lower rated team won't win...

you were the lower rated team and you did not win..

you make no sense!

Haha, exactly so my theory is right then!

Who ever is the higher rated team regardless of what's going on the pitch, will not lose the game.

Haha, exactly so my theory is right then!

Who ever is the higher rated team regardless of what's going on the pitch, will not lose the game.

No you have totally misunderstood what he said. And jumped to a false conclusion.

This thread is classic dogma.

Before anyone jumps into personal insults. I'm only stating what I'm seeing.

In real life you sometimes get the team who are not playing well at all, eventually (luckily) winning the match. Chelsea vs. Bayern. I'm sure Chelsea would of had the lower match rating that match.

That doesn't happen on FM due the "Match Rating" who ever has the match rating will win/draw the match regardless of the other match stats which contradict what the Match Rating is saying.

Have you ever played a football match in real life? Or even watched one?

If you're defending well and the opposition either have no real chances or waste them when they come around you'll always have a chance to win as long as you PERFORM.

Quick example off the top of my head, Barce vs Chelski in the Champo semi final last year. Barce dominated the game yet Chelsea, even with a man sent off, defended well and came out on top with that late Torres winner. If they had buckled under Barce's pressure and not performed then yeah Barce would have won, but they played well and held out for the win = HIGHER MATCH RATING