You can roughly tell who's going to win...

Before anyone jumps into personal insults. I'm only stating what I'm seeing.

In real life you sometimes get the team who are not playing well at all, eventually (luckily) winning the match. Chelsea vs. Bayern. I'm sure Chelsea would of had the lower match rating that match.

That doesn't happen on FM due the "Match Rating" who ever has the match rating will win/draw the match.

Wrong.

ZOlYFoU.png

The only issue here is that you dont seem to understand how the ratings are calculated. You're not even looking at the player ratings themselves to distinguish

Before anyone jumps into personal insults. I'm only stating what I'm seeing.

In real life you sometimes get the team who are not playing well at all, eventually (luckily) winning the match. Chelsea vs. Bayern. I'm sure Chelsea would of had the lower match rating that match.

That doesn't happen on FM due the "Match Rating" who ever has the match rating will win/draw the match regardless of the other match stats which contradict what the Match Rating is saying.

its a computer game, run on algorithms... higher ratings will equate in better performances (and vice versa)

when your player scores a goal, his rating jumps up rapidly, which in turn increases the teams rating..

if you had scored 2 goals in that game:

1) your goalscorers ratings would jump up increasing teams ratings: say from 7.20 to 7.67
2) if their players made mistakes leading to the goals, their ratings would drop drastically, hence a lower team rating... so at the end of the day a win usually results in higher ratings and losses result in lower ratings..

What you are misunderstanding is that dominating the attacking part of the game doesn't necessarily mean that you are playing better than the opposition. If their tactics are to defend deep and counter attack, and they are defending well, than they will have a higher match rating

its a computer game, run on algorithms... higher ratings will equate in better performances (and vice versa)

when your player scores a goal, his rating jumps up rapidly, which in turn increases the teams rating..

1) your goalscorers ratings would jump up increasing teams ratings: say from 7.20 to 7.67
2) if their players made mistakes leading to the goals, their ratings would drop drastically, hence a lower team rating... so at the end of the day a win usually results in higher ratings and losses result in lower ratings..

Exactly a player rating is an indicator of how well that player is currently performing. If you have a player on a 5.8 rating, then he is currently having a mare. At the end of the game each player will rating a rating based on what they have done and how well they have done it in game. This can be seen by looking at the detailed match stats screen. The overall average of this score is the team rating.

Correct but other way round, ratings dont determine performances; performances determine ratings. The ratings are an indicator of performance.

Wrong.

ZOlYFoU.png

The only issue here is that you dont seem to understand how the ratings are calculated. You're not even looking at the player ratings themselves to distinguish

You can't just say I'm wrong without proving me wrong.

If I'm understand right that was the real match. I'm talking in-game.

Give me a screen shot of a lower average rating team winning a match.

You can't just say I'm wrong without proving me wrong.

If I'm understand right that was the real match. I'm talking in-game.

Give me a screen shot of a lower average rating team winning a match.

your quote:

Chelsea got the higher rating in real life.

Sigh lets try this:

What do you think a match rating is?

your quote:

Chelsea got the higher rating in real life.

Sigh lets try this:

What do you think a match rating is?

For a moderator, you're very aggressive.

Match Rating is obviously average rating of the players in the team. You are totally missing the point here. Reverting back to the screenshot I posted. Tranmere are at Home, Tranmere are higher in the League, Tranmere are expected to win..

I'm the one watching the highlights. I can see Tranmere are not playing well at ALL. Misplaced passes everywhere, due to my high pressure. My team is performing better. Yes there is some slack finishing, my team missed 3 CCC's which doesn't usually happen. Why have their individual players got a higher match rating than mine. Apart from my striker/s who missed the chances, the team as a whole perform pretty impressively.

Match Rating is obviously average rating of the players in the team. You are totally missing the point here. Reverting back to the screenshot I posted. Tranmere are at Home, Tranmere are higher in the League, Tranmere are expected to win..

I'm the one watching the highlights. I can see Tranmere are not playing well at ALL. Misplaced passes everywhere, due to my high pressure. My team is performing better. Yes there is some slack finishing, my team missed 3 CCC's which doesn't usually happen. Why have their individual players got a higher match rating than mine. Apart from my striker/s who missed the chances, the team as a whole perform pretty impressively.

Not aggressive at all I asked you a question.

You have misunderstood. Ratings do not determine anything about winning the game. Ratings merely reflected the players statisical performance

Why have they got better ratings? Easy, go to the the detailed player screen and it will tell you why.

In fact I'm going to post screenshots showing you exactly how it works

Tranmere DID win did they not?

I think you believe attacking football = better football. Not always the case mate. If you know you can win a match by being defensive minded then why would they not do that.

A tackle can be worth as much rating as a good long ball.

Just because your team attacked more it does not necessarily mean you played better. If you get what I mean?

Your team did well attacking wise (passing and possesion) but they countered that by shutting you out. They did their job better - their defending > your attacking, in this case

Last edited:
If you smoke, you risk cancer and get yellow fingers. This does not mean that yellow fingers causes cancer as they are both the effect of the smoking. In FM, the result and the ratings are the effect Of the performance.

Tranmere DID win did they not?

I think you believe attacking football = better football. Not always the case mate. If you know you can win a match by being defensive minded then why would they not do that.

A tackle can be worth as much rating as a good long ball.

Just because your team attacked more it does not necessarily mean you played better. If you get what I mean?

Your team did well attacking wise (passing and possesion) but they countered that by shutting you out. They did their job better - their defending > your attacking, in this case

Fair points.

If you smoke, you risk cancer and get yellow fingers. This does not mean that yellow fingers causes cancer as they are both the effect of the smoking. In FM, the result and the ratings are the effect Of the performance.

What if you get finger cancer? :)

Here's an example:

GXWKvWy.png

The team ratings are calculated by the player individual ratings:

gEfynbq.png

ovU9k8R.png

The player ratings calculated by what a player does and how well he does it.

But yeah Liam, it is frigging annoying when you dominate that much and lose though haha

Here's an example:

GXWKvWy.png

The team ratings are calculated by the player individual ratings:

gEfynbq.png

ovU9k8R.png

The player ratings calculated by what a player does and how well he does it.

Alright, ok. I can understand a little where you're coming from but your match wasn't as top heavy as my match and some would see that as a pretty even match.

To be fair to myself, even in my match my team had the superior tackling...

Alright, ok. I can understand a little where you're coming from but your match wasn't as top heavy as my match and some would see that as a pretty even match.

Interceptions? Keeper rating? You have many 'key' passes? etc. all adds up mate

I think the annoying thing, like Average Joe said is when you play well and deserve to win but they sneak a goal, the bigger you get the more you have to break them down!
Or hope that one of your players goes to the line, dribbles past 3 of their players like they weren't even there and slots it past the goal keeper...but its not like that happens often is it...:)

The concept would still be the same, as average joe says, it all adds up

That was an AI game i posted. As if I would ever manage Liverpool!