Young Boys v Tottenham Hotspur [17/08/10 - 19:45]

Well in lads, that was amazing. Great hat-trick Crouchy but I did think you would miss that penalty. Well played Bale, absolutely outstanding today, now to see if we can face the likes of Barca

I heard there was some juggling by the Spurs players leading up to Defoe's goal.

However full credit to Spurs, usually they **** up these kind of occasions but they seem to have got better at dealing with them. WHL is gonna have to be a fortress in Europe this season if they wanna do anything in the competition.

I was reading a Spurs forum tonight and someone mentioned that Uefa have changed the rules concerning players playing for more than one club in the Champs League and that if Spurs sign Fabiano he will be able to play for us because Sevilla lost in the qualifiers. Has anyone heard about this rule change? Does is actually exist? I've been searching online news feeds and stuff and can't find anything that backs this up.

I was reading a Spurs forum tonight and someone mentioned that Uefa have changed the rules concerning players playing for more than one club in the Champs League and that if Spurs sign Fabiano he will be able to play for us because Sevilla lost in the qualifiers. Has anyone heard about this rule change? Does is actually exist? I've been searching online news feeds and stuff and can't find anything that backs this up.
never heard about that, but that puts a whole different spin on things

had a look not seen anything

never heard about that, but that puts a whole different spin on things

had a look not seen anything

same here -- i had a look through the official rules and there's nothing in there yet. Maybe it's just someone getting their wires crossed?

same here -- i had a look through the official rules and there's nothing in there yet. Maybe it's just someone getting their wires crossed?
think so, your only real option that i can think of is dzeko, and he wont be cheap either

think so, your only real option that i can think of is dzeko, and he wont be cheap either

Dzeko would be good, but I don't think we're after him. Fabiano's been mentioned a few times and he's (or his agent) been qouted as saying he would make the move to WHL if Spurs have a bid accepted. I know we've been chasing him, but, on the other hand Redknapp said tonight he probably won't make any big signings (though I've heard that said before, lol.) Fabiano would be good regardless of whether he's able to play CL -- based on trying to nail down a CL spot for next season, which has to be our priority. Any progress in CL this year is nothing more than a bonus (for the fans) and an experience (for the team) really.

Dzeko would be good, but I don't think we're after him. Fabiano's been mentioned a few times and he's (or his agent) been qouted as saying he would make the move to WHL if Spurs have a bid accepted. I know we've been chasing him, but, on the other hand Redknapp said tonight he probably won't make any big signings (though I've heard that said before, lol.) Fabiano would be good regardless of whether he's able to play CL -- based on trying to nail down a CL spot for next season, which has to be our priority. Any progress in CL this year is nothing more than a bonus (for the fans) and an experience (for the team) really.
assuming hes cup tied, he couldnt be re registered in jan could he?

assuming hes cup tied, he couldnt be re registered in jan could he?

This is the thing -- normally he couldn't be, but the suggestion of this new rule would mean he could. If this rule has been implemented, I'm surprised at how little coverage it's garnered from the press (but it could happen, as it did with the 10% rule passing by like a ninja in the black of night.) Going to have to do some research into this tomorrow and find out for sure.

This is the thing -- normally he couldn't be, but the suggestion of this new rule would mean he could. If this rule has been implemented, I'm surprised at how little coverage it's garnered from the press (but it could happen, as it did with the 10% rule passing by like a ninja in the black of night.) Going to have to do some research into this tomorrow and find out for sure.
the odds are 1/4 for him to join so maybe someone out there knows something we dont, if zebedee is about might pick his brains on this

i assume the 10% rule came out quiet becuase its not in the clubs interest for players to know

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24032010/58/champions-league-uefa-relax-rules-cup-tied-players.html

UEFA has relaxed its rules on players appearing for two teams in one season in the Champions and Europa Leagues.

The executive committee has agreed that a player who appears for a club in any of the preliminary rounds of the Champions League or Europa League can play for another team in the competition proper, so long as his original team is eliminated in the preliminary competition.

"The rules have been relaxed regarding what the English call 'cup-tied' players, that is players who have already played for one team in a competition in a season," said UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino.

"From next season, if a player's club is eliminated and he signs for a new club by the end of the summer transfer window on September 1 he can play for his new club in either competition.

"If he is not signed by the end of the summer window, he can move in the January window."

The one stipulation that remains is that clubs can add up to three new players in January, only one of whom will be eligible if they have previously played in the qualifying rounds.

the odds are 1/4 for him to join so maybe someone out there knows something we dont, if zebedee is about might pick his brains on this

i assume the 10% rule came out quiet becuase its not in the clubs interest for players to know

There's been a fair bit of noise from the player's end this week (and Harry's never been one to keep his cards close to his chest, lol) - but whether he really wants the move or he's using us to boost interest from other clubs remains to be seen (he did say we were too small for him a few weeks back, lol.) He'd be a great signing for us though, providing he can hack the English winter.

On the 10% rule, you be right there lol.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Good work Billy :) That means Fabiano wouldn't be able to play for us this season though :(

That article was written before this season.

It's referring to both now and in the future.

Pots for Champions League group stage draw:

Pot one: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.

Pot three: Tottenham, Rangers, Ajax, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen, Spartak Moscow.

Pot four: Hapoel Tel Aviv, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, Auxerre, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, MSK Zilina, Bursaspor.

spurs will be up against it

Bring On Lyon, Panathinaikos and Bursaspor :p