Your Best & Worst Moment of 2010 (any league)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best
1. Arsenal 2 - 3 Tottenham
Best result of the season for me, beating the local rivals at their home turf after finally getting a result over them at White Hart Lane in the previous season. Full of hope and expectation before the game, to then go 2 - 0 down, you think it's all over, only for a complete turnaround in the second-half.

2. Manchester City 0 - 1 Tottenham
The match that secured our place in the Champions League over favourites Manchester City. Most people backed City to do us over the season, and many people even backed Villa ahead of us too. When it came to this match and we were away from home, I think it showed our intent when we dominated the chances in the game in our ambition to secure top four football.

3. Tottenham 3 - 1 Inter Milan
My favourite game in the Champions League group stages. We needed a result after our loss against them in Italy, and we got one here. Completely dominated the game and it could have ended far more flatteringly for us.

Worst
Manchester United 2 - 0 Tottenham
Another loss to United in a mockery of a game. Enough said.

BEST: Getting rid of the two american cancers.

WORST: Everything else.

I assume this isn't England only, even being in the England forums

BEST MOMENT:
Being Champion after 5 years
(and Benfica 3-0 Porto)

WORST MOMENT:
Porto 5-0 Benfica

Hajduk Split + Benfica Lisboa = :wub:

ALWAYS !

Your best is on my top 5 list. Worst is on top 10 :)

Best Moment: Chelsea winning the double.
A year that will go down in the clubs history and righfully so. We made some good teams look amatuer along the way breaking scoring records and beating our main rivals deservedly.

Worst Moment: The World Cup
As a rare country before club man and attending every home England World Cup qualifier my World Cup hopes were as high as they can be. I wish to say nothing more about the tournement and will delete this from my mind with good reason.

Best: Beating Leeds 1-0 at the valley

Worst: Losing 4-0 to bitter rivals Millwall at the den.

Although there are about 4 others that could have been the worst.

TBH 2010 has been a thoroughly miserable year for Charlton fans lol.

Best moment: Northampton's League Cup run which included winning at Anfield infront of the Kop on penalties.

Worst Moment: England's World Cup 'performance'

Best Moment - AC Milan 2-3 Man Utd

Although not the best sporting moment for me in 2010, it was the best football moment for me. It was a fantastic performance from the players and we could have been 2 or 3-0 down before scholes scored. For me it was rooneys best performance last season and it secured us an historic result in milan for the club.

Worst Moments - Man Utd 1-2 Chelsea/ Man Utd 3-2 Bayern Munich

Couldn't choose between the two tbh. Both results effectively ended the season when a certain goal scored in the chelsea goal shouldn't have been allowed and all the missed chances in the bayern game. Both matches were back to back and left a sickening taste, if we had won the chelsea game and scored another vs bayern then it would have been another historic season :S

Best: FC Porto 5-0 Benfica and Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid.

Worst: Benfica 3-0 FC Porto

Best- There hasn't really been one, we've pulled off a couple of flukey wins, that's all.

Worst- The entire has been absolutely ****.

Best - Winning the... oh wait. Beating Chelsea 3-1 on Monday was great :d

Worst - Definatley the loss for Hayes against Wycombe in our big cup first round game. It wasn't so much the loss, which was expected, it was the 95th minute, very scrappy winner :'(

Best Moment - AC Milan 2-3 Man Utd

Although not the best sporting moment for me in 2010, it was the best football moment for me. It was a fantastic performance from the players and we could have been 2 or 3-0 down before scholes scored. For me it was rooneys best performance last season and it secured us an historic result in milan for the club.

Worst Moments - Man Utd 1-2 Chelsea/ Man Utd 3-2 Bayern Munich

Couldn't choose between the two tbh. Both results effectively ended the season when a certain goal scored in the chelsea goal shouldn't have been allowed and all the missed chances in the bayern game. Both matches were back to back and left a sickening taste, if we had won the chelsea game and scored another vs bayern then it would have been another historic season :S

Fine lines of football.
Interesting tidbit, that goal for Ronney vs Bayern was his last from open play. :$;)<)(A)

Best- between the last gasp Edu goal against the scum and the 1-1 draw with Valencia, I know the Valencia game seems and odd choice, but I was there, the atmosphere was electric, and we pummeled them for 90 mins to no avail :'(

Worst- Honestly don't know tbh, been a pretty good year :D At a push would have to say the home defeat to Manchester United, would've liked us to make more of a game of it , but ah well, Dublin here we come ;)

Best Moments - Jack Wilshere and Gareth Bale

I watched a lot of videos of Wilshere playing for the reserves on the Arsenal website, and I must say, he has matured a lot in one/two years. He's scored crackers, assisted countless times, and watching him play weekly in the Premier League at just 18 years of age makes me proud to support his team. He is clearly a potential world-beater.

As for Bale, I'm going to be totally honest. As much as I despise local rivals Tottenham, I'm glad someone good is actually playing for them and threatening teams. He has shown not only maturity, but his developed skills over the past year. They were lucky to nab him from Southampton when many a team had the opportunity, and as a fellow Welshman, I'm dead excited to see how he turns out in 2-3 years.

Worst Moments - Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal and Aaron Ramsey

Pretty much the worst thing for an Arsenal fan - a defeat to Spurs. They'd finally broken the duck of a haunting 11 years without a Premier League victory over the Gunners. That's all to say about that. Oh, and then they do it again, at home, the following season.

I think you can probably guess what's coming. Sadly, Aaron Ramsey's season was cut short in February due to a leg break, which halted his tremendous progress. Thankfully, he made a full recovery and is now a week away from re-joining Arsenal after a successful loan period at Nottingham Forest.

Best moment: it has to be World Cup, of course.

Worst moment: every single Zaragoza match since this season started. We're **** mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.