Your Best & Worst Moment of 2010 (any league)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Moment(s):

1. Beating Spuds 4-1 at White Hart Lane

Terrific result with some good, young players like Wilshere and Lansbury standing out. Always nice to get one over your rivals!

2. Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea

Captain Fantastic getting on the scoresheet and assisting as Theo made Cashley Hole look distinctly average at best. The whole team was superb, and seeing 18 year old Wilshere play so brilliantly and helping to stifle the threat of Fat Frank was brilliant to watch. Also, my best game at the Emirates that I've been to :)

Worst Moment:

Aaron Ramsey's leg being broken by a reckless Shawcross challenge that might have ended his career. Get well soon Aaron.

Losing 3-2 to Spuds.

Best Moment:
Chelsea 2- Manchester City 4
Beating Chelsea at their place and managing to do the double over them.

Worst Moment:
Either Manchester City 0- Tottenham 1
For them managing to beat us and at the same time securing the last Champions League spot from us. That was just draining.
or
Manchester United 3- Manchester City 1
We were sooooo desperate to get a trophy, even if it was the Carling Cup and for United to knock us out and beat us in the last minute 3 times in that season was also devastating.

Best Moment: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea
Worst Moment: Liverpool 2(2)-2(4) Northhampton

Best: too see my nation, Malaysia, won AFF Suzuki Cup/Asean Nation Cup, which just won it yesterday ^^).... and how the football in Malaysia has grown...... :D

Worst: How Liverpool performance this season.... worst ever halfway season..... :'(

Best Moment- Getting rid of the Americans after triumphantly defeating them in a court case and beating them in the appeal. I also enjoyed our 2-0 win over Chelsea, it was nice to see Torres back at his best...for the time being.

Worst Moment- Dundee going into administration again and being docked 25 points, also our dreadful run towards the end of last season after holding a 10 point lead over Caledonian Thistle they finished like 10 points clear of us and got promoted.

Things to look forward to- Hodgson getting the sack hopefully.

Best moment: Carlos Tevez Scoring against United in the Carling Cup semi final then running over to Neville the weasle and giving him ****.

Worse moment: Both displays against Everton (A team we just can't seem to beat)

edit: I honestly didn't mind losing to Spurs last day of the season. I knew it would not harm our chances of signing the best players and it just felt like "So what, next year we will fight for the title and leave Spurs in the dust. Let them have their moment"

Last edited:
Best Moment:
Although it was a relief to be promoted back to the Premier League, I have to say the 5-1 drubbing of Sunderland. I have never been so smug in my life :D

Worst Moment:
The sacking of Chris Hughton. Makes you wonder how much talent is actually acounted for in English football right now.

^ This ^

Probably every Newcastle fans best/worst moments.

Best: Toon winning the league. (the Championship obvs)

Worst: Argyle getting relegated, and then having no money. Also, Hughton getting sacked.

Best - Rovers 4 - 0 Swindon :wub:

Worst - Oxford 6 - 1 Rovers. Sheffield Wednesday 6 - 2 Rovers. Darlington 2 - 1 Rovers. :'(

Last edited:
Sporting Clube de Portugal fan says:
Worst year in long, long time. Total collapse of the directive structure, knee-jerk reactions, awful businesses (sold J.Moutinho to FC Porto for €11; bought Florent "jamais put-a-goal" sinama pongolle for €6.5 january, loaned him during pre-season (june) to zaragoza)...etc.
The worst, it´s that effects will ripple through the next decade...
Freakin' nightmare!!!
Can't remember anything positive...

Last edited:
right back at the start of the year.
Jan 3rd? Remember the date? We beat the team that we *really* hate...

Oh how I am torn in this years 3rd round though!

Best moment:
Feyenoord not being relegated and Feyenoord almost getting in Europa.
Netherlands getting in the WC final! :D

Worst moment:
PSV 10-0 Feyenoord
Netherlands losing the WC final. :(

Last edited:
Best thing about 2010 Liverpool fans keeping quite for once

Best Moment - As an Ipswich fan there isn't much that went well for us so i'm going to go for Connor Wickham's first league goal for the club, a last minute winner over Scunthorpe who to be fair didn't even care about winning. Was great being there!

Worst Moment - Norwich 4 - 1 Ipswich... Enough said.

best thing - leicester nearly doing back to back promotions :)

worst thing - leicester not doing back to back promotions :( oh, and the small matter of a lampard goal that really was a goal...

Best - Watching Bale tear Inter a new A-hole.

Worst - Knowing we were thinking of trying to sign him a while back but nothing happend :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.