In one of my older saves I bought Lewandowski for about $60M. He ended up scoring less goals than Ademilson who I signed up for only $8M.

I signed neymar in 2018 with Swansea.I have afew 5 star Brazilian regens who are in the national team.he's started scoring abit now but I think I'll punt him at the end of the season.he earns 110 k aweek.50 k more than any other player.

My experience with Neymar:
Unless you are in Spanish League, He will have trouble in the 1st season. If you have another Brazilian player in your squad, it will help a lot. Otherwise, give him sometime to adapt.
I agree with this. My experiences tell me that Brazilians have a hard time adapting, if they don't speak the native language or they don't have any Portuguese speaking teammates.

Dries martens i had him with a qpr save when i got in to euro cup was shocking for me think i paid £15m for him to

An update to my flops:

I'm still progressing with the same save and managed to get promoted with Tranmere to the premier league. I knew my team wasn't quite ready for the league and felt I would struggle so with the money provided I felt I should buy 'premier league proven' players so to speak. I signed Fernando Torres in January. Surprised he would sign for me and he only asked for 25k in wages. Thought he would grab enough goals for me to stay up and would relish in my team being the star man. My 2nd highest player was only on 12k wages and his signing brought a lot of players wanting improved deals.

we didn't stay up and he played half a season in prem and then half in the championship after being relegated. He scored 12 goals in 49 appearances for me over that period. Released him and sheff wed signed him up. he has scored 10 in 20 for them! in the prem. When he couldn't hit a barn door for me even in the championship. Got Numerous messages of Torres has not found the net in 10 hours of football.

He was signed on a free, so wasn't a flop in terms of money paid out to him, just flopped as I got it wrong and sparked a protest of improved contracts. He did boost shirt sales though. Poor fans.

Last edited:
I agree with this. My experiences tell me that Brazilians have a hard time adapting, if they don't speak the native language or they don't have any Portuguese speaking teammates.

That is the point here :) In reality I think it worked out like this too (at least in the past)

I still remember most players from Brazil landed Europe in Portugal. After a season or two they wen to Spain, and then to all other European countries.

By far the stupidest move I made was to trade Farfan (who wanted out) for Gervinho in my Schalke save. At least Farfan was an assisting monster. Gervinho...well he just likes to go on mazy runs and then hit the corner flag. And that's with me playing him as AMR in a winger role.

you got Gervinho!! Easily the worst player in the prem which i shud remind you has downing and henderson!!

20M for sharawy, spent most of his time out injured. He's literally competing with Own Hargreaves, Michael Owen and Jamie redknap right now for how many times he gets injured. It's ****, his stats have dropped so much and hes now only worth 10M.

Otavio - Just doesn't like playing anywhere other than AM as an inside forward, yet doesn't improve enough to start winning a first team spot. Paid 15m, now worth 8m.

Leandro Damiao - Paid 25M for him, and he's anything but a monster. 10 goals in 26 games playing as a poacher with ademilson as AF, who is currently sitting on 24 in 26 and only cost 8M. Logic? none!

I've had great success with Isco as an inside forward. I do think it can be hit or miss and very dependent on your tactic and players around him

In January for me in the first season with Man Utd, Isco is playing on the left wing as an IF. He has 6 goals and 8 assists with a rating of 7.69 in 16 games.

Rodrigo - £20mil
Paul Pogba £5mil

Rodrigo, atm, is having a really slow start to his career under me. Played him upfront pretty much straight away by has only had 7 goals and 4 assists..

Pogba just gets sent off/booked every time and is just useless as back-up. Such a liability & a regretful panic buy

for me its always been one and only one player .....jovetic ..great stats but awful no goals and tons of injuries

Pogba just gets sent off/booked every time and is just useless as back-up. Such a liability & a regretful panic buy

wow, thought it was the only one with pogba sending off problems, when hes great he is great, so far he has 32 apps, 12 goals and 7 assits....but sent of 6times, extremely frustrating.

Wasn't my purchase, but Podolski was terrible. 11 goals in 32 games and 4 assists as a starter. Giroud fared much better with 18 in 37 and 9 assists.

I am Paris Saints-Germain and just bought Messi. He was purchased for £162mio. Although he is probably the best in the game. he can only disappoint with the pricetag. Also bought Hazard price £62mio.

Wellington nem got him on recent patch for 16.7 mill played him in his favoured position of AMR as an inside forward he got 3 goals and 6 assists in a season with ben arfa in the same role on the left side getting 14 goals and 11 assists. So i sold him to real at end of first season for 28 mill.