Your club and the next 7 days [Transfer Hopes & Expectations]

Hazard, M'Villa, Cossohko and Cahill/Dann.

Optimism.

I would take Mario Gotze at United, looks great, dont want Inter or Madrid getting him.

Man Utd

I am happy with the current squad, save for some defensive depth, we should have kept John O'Shea imo. He is versatile, professional, reliable, and accepted a squad role, he would be ideal given our current injury crisis at the back.

I would much prefer Ganso to Sneijder, not sure why, just don't quite see Sneijder and Rooney working together. Ganso has time to settle into the club in the background, whereas Sneijder will need to make an immediate impact or risk being the next Veron... Gotze is a rumoured third option, but he may still be required to make an immediate impact, causing unnecassry pressure on a player who may require the teams shape/style to change.

I don't see anyone else leaving the club, save for some youngsters on loan.

Peterborough

I am happy as larry after we demolished big spending Ipswich 7-1 at home. We are as good as anyone in the championship when playing that kind of football. Despite losing Craig Mckail Smith, and replacing him with the so far unremarkable Nicky Ajose, we have filled the void by moving Lee Tomlin to a strikers role this season, he spent last season patrolling the wings.

We lack depth despite the chairman spending signifacntly more than he did last time we got to the championship. If Zakuani gets a long term injury we don't have another commanding centre back to replace him. At home, our first choice 11 has the quality to compete at this level, on the road i'm not so sure. The chairman and baby Fergie have already ruled out bringing in established Championship footballers due to wage demands, so ideally we should sign some defensive cover on loan, maybe a couple more lads from Man Utd to go with Tunnicliffe and Wooton...

And most of all, we must keep hold of George Boyd and Lee Tomlin.

Last edited:
Man Utd: Same as everyone else really. Not bothered if we don't bring in any more players, but a creative midfielder wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Norwich: Don't think another signing will be needed. I believe the squad is talented enough to avoid relegation. But a couple of extra players with Premier League experience wouldn't go amiss.

Arsenal...

Would love for Dann to be brought in, and I definitely think Wenger will bring in another midfielder as it seems he loves buying in midfield. I actually think we'll sign Hazard, and I hope we do because of the departures of Cesc, Nasri and Arshavin will probably leave next season.

As much as I love Gibbs I'm afraid that he'll **** up a lot, be injured too much, and Traore just isn't that good imo. But a class left-back isn't easy to come by, especially as we don't spend mass money on a single player. Baines would be excellent but that will never happen, and that Cissokho looks pretty good.

BUT GIBBS </3

Hope: Jagielka/Samba, Baines, M'Vila, Hazard, Marvin Martin

Expect: Some CB (maybe Dann), Some LB (no idea who), M'Vila, Martin.

IF there was a time for utd to break that german thing or whatever it is now sign mario goetze and that will be enough for me. Not neccessarily in this window but in the next maybe. Just don't want him at madrid!

ManUtd: Not sure whether we should sign Sneijder or play the same team. Cleverley, Anderson have played well, so dont know how Sneijder signing will impact the play. Youngsters have started so well but have to see how they cope up with the pressure during April, May when every point counts.

Maybe I'm more inclined towards not signing anyone and leave the squad as it is.

Can see few young players going on loan, maybe Gibson sold and if PSG comes up with better offer then Berbatov.

In - Being realistic, I expect no acquisitions. Being hopeful, I'd like at least one loan signing to add squad depth, preferably a striker, although I'm happy to see the kids getting some game time.

Out - I wouldn't mind Yobo and Yakubu leaving, 2 high earners off the wage bill and a few quid to pay for debts and maybe even a loan fee. Hopefully nobody else leaves.

Tottenham Hotspur.

Sell Modric, Hutton, Bentley and all other flops in the squad.
Sign another quality striker along Adebayor, a creative midfielder that's not moaning like a ******* ******, a right winger and a right fullback.
Eventually some quality backups and we're good for another CL battle.

ManUtd: Not sure whether we should sign Sneijder or play the same team. Cleverley, Anderson have played well, so dont know how Sneijder signing will impact the play. Youngsters have started so well but have to see how they cope up with the pressure during April, May when every point counts.Maybe I'm more inclined towards not signing anyone and leave the squad as it is.Can see few young players going on loan, maybe Gibson sold and if PSG comes up with better offer then Berbatov.
Yeah I think you are right there but you know what sir alex said about phil jones that he was too good a player to miss and I think it is the same with goetze, he is too good!

Yeah I think you are right there but you know what sir alex said about phil jones that he was too good a player to miss and I think it is the same with goetze, he is too good!

Yeah but he is not available. His agnet confirmed that he wont leave Dortmund this season.

Newcastle United:
What I expect: Joey Barton to go and no more signings. (with Mike Ashley as our owner I've learned to expect the worst and not be disappointed)
What I want: Joey Barton to stay and a new striker, but that's wishful thinking

I wouldnt mind seeing a cb come in if Alex moves on to Juventus. Seeing somebody like Scott Dann come in would be good enough for me.

Also bringing in a new midfielder such as Modric/Moutinho dont mind which one is signed but will not be too disappointed if a midfielder doesnt come in.

Also I would like to see Chelsea bring in Perreira from Porto and I can see this transfer happening before the window shuts.

I will be happy to see no more players leave the club but if Chelsea do sell anyon I would prefer it to be either Kalou, Malouda, Ferreira or even Anelka even though Nico has got off to a pretty decent start this season.

What I hope with Liverpool:
Sign Coates and Bellamy.

What I think will happen with Liverpool:
Sign Coates and miss out on Bellamy.

Last edited:
QPR

Hope with the new owners we sign a few players, especially Barton, a new LB, and a new CB, and maybe a new right-back.

Expectations, be up there in a relegation fight but I reckon if we sign a few we'll manage it

Im pretty happy with our squad but even AVB wants a CM so i can see us signing one. Only Modric if its less than 30mill so that wont happen, if not then Moutinho will do nicely.

Any further thoughts? Especially looking at those Arsenal and Tottenham fans on here.

What I hope with Liverpool:
Bring in a young pacey winger, another young ST with good pace and movement becuase I really don't rate N'gog and another CB with experience as cover/replacment for carra.

What I think will happen with Liverpool:
Probably nothing.