Your Club - Are You Satisfied With the Window?

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 5K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Now that the window is closed, everyone is looking back and assessing exactly how their club's transfer window has gone. Some clubs will be very pleased with their window activity, others not. So post below your view on your club's moves(or lack of moves), who you would like to have seen join, who shouldn't have been sold, and the like.

Do Not Argue, You Will Be Infracted

I'm pleased with United transfer activities. Would have preferred to see back of Gibson and TK, but didn't happen.

Happy with the buys we have made, initially thought we needed midfielder but the way Cleverley is playing many have changed their stance.

Overall I'm very pleased with this window. Jones, De Gea, Young all exciting players and have bright future here.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Edit: StuW making few transfer threads.. :P Not surprised as Newcastle fans are very pleased with their window.. :)

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! What happened to Aguero, Mata, Cahill and Clichy joining?

Seriously, though, I'm quite pleased (not as pleased as Stoke, Man City or United fans I bet!) with the signings. We have some good youngsters and have trimmed the squad down a bit so it's all good. Hope King Kenny keeps on giving the youngsters a chance, though, and not buy so much in January. We're not Man City! Oh yeah, and Enrique is a very good signing for only £6m!

Stoke fan, Woodgate is one of the best defenders in the league if you can keep him fit. Not as exited about Upson but i think he's just here for cover incase Woodgates injuries come back. Palacios is streets ahead of our current central midfielders although his distribution isn't the best. Jerome will be an OK signing and only cost £3.5 million, he will run the channels all day and suits us. Crouch could either be a very good signing or a poor signing, with the delivery from our wingers i'm hoping for good things from him. Would have liked a back up winger and could have done with getting rid of some deadwood, but other than that a great window.

Erm, borderline satisfied/gutted for obvious reasons. Obviously devestated Arteta left. Tremondous player, and been loyal for 6.5 years so simply cannot begrudge a move onto the bigger stage simple as. All the best Mikel.

At least we attempted to fill the void left at midfield, got a striker in...but I'm going to be honest and say I've not seen them play before, so I'm going to give them time to gel before I comment. But we should have kept Beckford to be honest as he started scoring fairly regularly in the latter stages of last season.

**** to the no. Bates once again is being a tight, stingy ******* that refuses to invest in the club. Needed to bolster our **** defence but haven't. Sell Gradel for a decent fee (apparently) and then not even get in a replacement. We are going to be in for a long, difficult season and I hope we can stay in the division. With Bates at the helm will stay being a decent Championship side at best for years to come. BATES OUT!

Edit: StuW making few transfer threads.. :P Not surprised as Newcastle fans are very pleased with their window.. :)

Mainly because some plonker comes along and fails at it.

Our transfer window, barring the failure to get a striker in yesterday was very good. I think we are stronger than last year, and now have some interesting options in midfield.

Yohan Cabaye - 'Not Nolan's replacement' said Pardew. Not entirely true, as he is now the engine room of the midfield. However, showing some good passing and shooting, and some good tackling back as well.

Sylvain Marveaux - Really hope this lad's injuries are behind him, as he has real quality, something we needed.

Mehdi Abeid - Another free transfer, looks very good from what I saw in pre-season.

Demba Ba - Free, and hopefully will get some goals for us. First two games looked a bit poor, but looked a **** of a lot sharper against Fulham, got an assist too.

Gabriel Obertan - One of the transfers I am excited about. Showed some quality last game, his direct runs really shook the away side.

Davide Santon - IMO our best transfer. At 20, could be our full-back for 10+ years. Versatile, which always adds to a player, looking forward to seeing him play.

Would have liked -

One of -
Kevin Gameiro
Mevlut Erdinc
Modibo Maiga
Papiss Cisse
Bryan Ruiz
Nicklas Bendtner

im pretty pleased with the window. Henderson, Adam, Downing, Jose Enrique and Coates. All these players will improve Liverpool FC, and I am really looking forward to the season. Pretty pleased Cole, Poulson, Jovanovic and N'gog left. I am disappointed that Meireles went though. And was a little annoyed by the signing of Bellamy. He is going to be on massive wages to sit on the bench most likely

As a Man United fan, I'm pretty pleased with the way the transfer window went. Having De Gea, Jones and Young in the squad is proving to be very good, not only for the present but for the future of the club. A bit disappointed we didn't get Sneijder cos IMO we needed a bit of experience in the midfield, but as sunilvk7 said, the way Cleverley has been performing this season, we didn't really need Sneijder.

Most surprising transfers of the day though have to be Mereiles to Chelsea and Arteta to Arsenal. Great bit of business though, for both clubs.

Erm, borderline satisfied/gutted for obvious reasons. Obviously devestated Arteta left. Tremondous player, and been loyal for 6.5 years so simply cannot begrudge a move onto the bigger stage simple as. All the best Mikel.

At least we attempted to fill the void left at midfield, got a striker in...but I'm going to be honest and say I've not seen them play before, so I'm going to give them time to gel before I comment. But we should have kept Beckford to be honest as he started scoring fairly regularly in the latter stages of last season.

Drenthe was excellent for Hercules last season, despite some mid season issues over pay which saw him suspended. He's incredibly quick and good with the dead ball also.

I would have liked a good experienced keeper but Foster will do the job for now. Im not sure how good Mo Bangura is but I trust Henrik Larssons judgement that he is good enough. Kelvin Wilson looks great and Matthews and Wanyama look like they will be great in the future. Good to get a lb in until Izzy is back but I know nothing about him.

The players out have been brilliant. We have kept everyone we have wanted to and got a decent deal for Maloney. Loaned out a few of the dead wood as well so our squad isnt too large.

Drenthe was excellent for Hercules last season, despite some mid season issues over pay which saw him suspended. He's incredibly quick and good with the dead ball also.

Ah I see. sounds like we got a very capable replacement then.

Indeed, could turn out to be quite a coup for Moyes, more so because of his versatility. I traveled to Hercules a few times last season, as I live 30 minutes from Alicante where they are based, and he was their standout player along with Nelson Valdez, who has since gone to Rubin Kazan.

I would have liked a good experienced keeper but Foster will do the job for now. Im not sure how good Mo Bangura is but I trust Henrik Larssons judgement that he is good enough. Kelvin Wilson looks great and Matthews and Wanyama look like they will be great in the future. Good to get a lb in until Izzy is back but I know nothing about him.

The players out have been brilliant. We have kept everyone we have wanted to and got a decent deal for Maloney. Loaned out a few of the dead wood as well so our squad isnt too large.

how much do you rate Darren O'Dea by the way?

Yohan Cabaye - 'Not Nolan's replacement' said Pardew. Not entirely true, as he is now the engine room of the midfield. However, showing some good passing and shooting, and some good tackling back as well.

Gabriel Obertan -
One of the transfers I am excited about. Showed some quality last game, his direct runs really shook the away side.

Davide Santon - IMO our best transfer. At 20, could be our full-back for 10+ years. Versatile, which always adds to a player, looking forward to seeing him play.

star.gif
IMO quality signings. Players who can make difference now and also in the future.

Forster did very well for you last season, and I expecthe will be a better player this season. Mo Bangura was very very good in Allsvenskan, and should do well for you. The Morroco LB is a solid player, nothing special, but as you say, he is only cover. Wanyama is another player I like, looks to be a very good midfielder.

Forster did very well for you last season, and I expecthe will be a better player this season. Mo Bangura was very very good in Allsvenskan, and should do well for you. The Morroco LB is a solid player, nothing special, but as you say, he is only cover. Wanyama is another player I like, looks to be a very good midfielder.

Yea he was okay last season but he flaps to much when balls are delivered into the box. I would have been happier with a experienced keeper in nets this season as we have to win the title. I still hope we take him permanently though defiantly has potential.

how much do you rate Darren O'Dea by the way?

He hasnt played for us in a while now. Has been put out on loan for 3 years now. He has looked good for Ireland and didnt look out of place against Ac Milan a few years back, but I dont think his loan to Ipswich went that well.

The players we brought in were great acquisitions and the lads who have come back from loan have shown great potential to be the future of Manchester United. There is a slight concern that they still don't have the experience or skills to match the bigger teams in Europe but only time will tell.

The big kid in me stayed up late last night, clicking furiously around all the usual sports websites, desperate to catch a glimpse of some huge overpaid star signing on the dotted line for us :(
In the end, I'm glad we didn't buy any more players. I will accept the team we have at the moment and back them 100% every single time they run out on that pitch.

We have a core group of players who love the club for it's history and it's badge.
As a football fan, I can't ask for any more than that.

Back