Your Club - Are You Satisfied With the Window?

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 5K
Transfers so far have been superb.

Still a bit worried about Zebroski, hopefully he'll come good though.

In terms of the league, we could do better, however I won't be complaining about league position after last seasons horror show!

Haaaaaaaaaarold!

If Zebroski is anything like he is on Fifa 11 Ultimate Team you should be in the Prem in no time.

Cardiff, lot to get through bare with me

Kenny Miller - pleased, true goalscorer, proven straight away against West Ham

Rob Earnshaw - ecstatic, legend of the club, true goalscorer, on a free cant go wrong

Andrew Taylor - relief, LB position is our worst position for many years until now, knows when to attack and does it excellently, great free transfer

Don Cowie - another free, great signing, runs the midfield and sets up a lot of attack and never stops

Craig Conway - again a free, and best signing so far, 5 assists and 3 goals, and already got great rapport with fans

Aron Gunnarson - good signing, shame about injury so cant say much more

Filip Kiss - cant comment yet, injured

Joe Mason - WOW, young, for the future, prospect blah blah blah, he is good enough now especially in a position he doesnt seem comfortable in, shame he wont get much game time

Ben Turner - we shall see, only just joined, but sounds a good player

Rudy Gestede - never heard of him but seems a good find, never gives up, controls the ball and links well with Kenny

Very happy, AVB saw what Chelsea needed and he bought really well and really young.

Very happy with the transfers overall, in and out (loving Emerson atm)

Ecstatic with Witsel and Artur. Axel Witsel is from another world, absolute and pure class, as Artur Moraes has been a brick wall on the goal. Also ecstatic about getting rid of Roberto Jimenez.

Very happy with the signings Dalglish has made.

Coates looks good and may well be a replacement/challenger to Carragher. Downing, and Adam looked solid but slightly disappointed with Aquilani's departure. He looked good for us. Happy that Meireles left and I don't know what made KD pay 20 mil for Hendo.

Except he didn't cost £20m. If he does end up costing £20m, then I will be one very, very happy Liverpool fan.

Happy with Man united trasnfers, fergie done well getting the buisness done early and not going in late causing the transfer fee's o increase slightly as clubs playing hard ball over there players, but yea great coming it, for going out happy except i would of like kuschaz and gibson to go as they clough up the squad and aint needed, personally i dont even think they will be in the 25man squad registered next week/later this week. ALSO, fergie got the players in certain positions and made sure he got his first picks and not settling for second best.

spent around 50m and got 3 great signings, compared to the other 4 top teams the spent between 60-80m and for me signings havent been as good except for aguero, so for me Ferguson has done great and hopefully in winter we will clear the squad out properly and even bring in 1 person (a young one i could see). In 1 word, DELIGHTED.

1 very disgusted Blackpool fan here

loans need to be good or its gonna be a long season

Erm, borderline satisfied/gutted for obvious reasons. Obviously devestated Arteta left. Tremondous player, and been loyal for 6.5 years so simply cannot begrudge a move onto the bigger stage simple as. All the best Mikel.

At least we attempted to fill the void left at midfield, got a striker in...but I'm going to be honest and say I've not seen them play before, so I'm going to give them time to gel before I comment. But we should have kept Beckford to be honest as he started scoring fairly regularly in the latter stages of last season.
To be fair, Moyes is a very good dealer/bargainer and you should be fine this season, as much as I hate to admit it.

Cardiff, lot to get through bare with me

Kenny Miller - pleased, true goalscorer, proven straight away against West Ham

Rob Earnshaw - ecstatic, legend of the club, true goalscorer, on a free cant go wrong

Andrew Taylor - relief, LB position is our worst position for many years until now, knows when to attack and does it excellently, great free transfer

Don Cowie - another free, great signing, runs the midfield and sets up a lot of attack and never stops

Craig Conway - again a free, and best signing so far, 5 assists and 3 goals, and already got great rapport with fans

Aron Gunnarson - good signing, shame about injury so cant say much more

Filip Kiss - cant comment yet, injured

Joe Mason - WOW, young, for the future, prospect blah blah blah, he is good enough now especially in a position he doesnt seem comfortable in, shame he wont get much game time

Ben Turner - we shall see, only just joined, but sounds a good player

Rudy Gestede - never heard of him but seems a good find, never gives up, controls the ball and links well with Kenny
Yep, you've signed well. I watched the West Ham match and Earnshaw and Miller linked up well (they were partners at Derby before as well) and Kenny Miller is Premiership quality in my opinion.

You've signed a lot of frees and good players so you should do fine this season, especially with a new and good manager as well!

Very happy, AVB saw what Chelsea needed and he bought really well and really young.
I really rate Villas-Boas, hope he doesn't get sacked soon by Roman.

Except he didn't cost £20m. If he does end up costing £20m, then I will be one very, very happy Liverpool fan.
Eh? How much did he cost then, I swear it was £20m or less?

I am pleased with our outgoings, for the most part. We've been looking to shift a number of these players for a while now, and to offload Keane, Hutton, Palacios and Crouch (although I'd like to have replaced him with another striker), and loaning out Jenas, Bentley and others is really good business.

I'm not quite as upbeat about our incomings. Adebayor should, on paper anyway, be a superior player to those we had available in our striker selection, but he is a loan and we're going to be left extremely short when he returns to City should we not sign anyone in January. I also can't really understand the Parker signing. We have Sandro and Huddlestone for that position currently, and we had just sold our unnecessary 3rd choice in Palacios.

That said, I am pleased that we managed to rake in around £30 million this window, which will hopefully be used on a striker in January and the rest saved for when Redknapp bows out.

Eh? How much did he cost then, I swear it was £20m or less?

£13-16 plus add ons. If we end up paying £20m it'd mean that we're in the Champions League/ winning the league.

I can live with that.

It's the first time since being in the Premiership that I can name 2 starting line-ups for Wigan without any deadwood. Massively impressed with what Martinez is doing.

Teams;
1st x1: Al Habsi, Boyce, Figs, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Watson, Diame, McCarthy, Moses, Crusat, Hugo
2nd x1: Kirkland, Stam, Van Aanholt, Gohouri, Lopez, Thomas, McArthur, Jones, Gomez, Maloney, Di Santo

AS Roma fan

Marteen Stekelenburg - definitely one of the best keepers around Europe. and we only paid him €6M. 9/10
Jose Angel Valdes - promising left back, from what i've seen in the first couple of matches, once he sorts out some defensive lacks, he's going to be a very valuable signing. 8/10
Gabriel Heinze - versatile, got massive experience and could help our youngsters grow 6/10
Loic Nego - can't really judge him, never seen him play
Simon Kjaer - didn't perform very well with Wolfsburg, but if the real kjaer is the one we saw in Palermo, he's great. 7/10
Fernando Gago - i just hope he's not as fragile as he looks. could add great value to our midfield. 8/10
Miralem Pjanic - could be the best signing of the lot. i love the way he plays. i'm really glad to welcome him in Rome. 9/10
Erik Lamela - next Messi or next D'Alessandro? only time will tell. but i want to be optimistic. 10/10
Bojan Krkic - record goalscorer in the Masia. 100 matches and 30 goals in la liga. and he's only 21. what else? 9/10
Osvaldo - striker? side attacker? i have some doubts about him, but i will give him time 6/10
Fabio Borini - hot prospect, i hope he gets some playing time with just serie a to play - 6/10

£13-16 plus add ons. If we end up paying £20m it'd mean that we're in the Champions League/ winning the league.

I can live with that.
But you said you would be happy if it was? Were you being sarcastic, then?

Milan:

- Taiwo on Free: Good signing, but doubt he will be serious improvement on Antonelli. Should've gone for Criscito. 6/10
- Mexes on Free: Good rotation player to rotate with Nesta. At least better than Bonera. 6/10
- Nocerino 1m + ( 50% of some youngster that I can't remember ) Long term Rino Gattuso replacement. 8/10
- Aquilani on loan. Hoping for higher profile signing, but this will do for the moment. Not even close to replacing Pirlo. 6/10
- El Shaarawy. Great prospect. Will be future star of Milan alongside Paloschi and Verdi. 8/10

Mostly decent signings and not even close on replacing Kaka and now Pirlo. Will see if they manage to cough enought money for Ganso on january.

But you said you would be happy if it was? Were you being sarcastic, then?

He said he'd be happy paying £20 million because it would be as a result of you guys winning trophies stipulated in Henderson's contract.

Let me know if that got through; I have some pictures in mind if it didn't.

AS Roma fan

Marteen Stekelenburg - definitely one of the best keepers around Europe. and we only paid him €6M. 9/10
Jose Angel Valdes - promising left back, from what i've seen in the first couple of matches, once he sorts out some defensive lacks, he's going to be a very valuable signing. 8/10
Gabriel Heinze - versatile, got massive experience and could help our youngsters grow 6/10
Loic Nego - can't really judge him, never seen him play
Simon Kjaer - didn't perform very well with Wolfsburg, but if the real kjaer is the one we saw in Palermo, he's great. 7/10
Fernando Gago - i just hope he's not as fragile as he looks. could add great value to our midfield. 8/10
Miralem Pjanic - could be the best signing of the lot. i love the way he plays. i'm really glad to welcome him in Rome. 9/10
Erik Lamela - next Messi or next D'Alessandro? only time will tell. but i want to be optimistic. 10/10
Bojan Krkic - record goalscorer in the Masia. 100 matches and 30 goals in la liga. and he's only 21. what else? 9/10
Osvaldo - striker? side attacker? i have some doubts about him, but i will give him time 6/10
Fabio Borini - hot prospect, i hope he gets some playing time with just serie a to play - 6/10

I think Osvaldo>Bojan. Bojan is just not the same anymore.

As an Brighton fan, breaking our transfer record 4 times paying for players we could never dream of getting, E.g CMS, Buckley, Hoskins and possibly Vicente! Very pleased, keep it going Poyet and Bloom!

ss-transfers-in.gif
Ryan Harley Undisclosed
ss-transfers-in.gif
Romain Vincelot Undisclosed
ss-transfers-in.gif
Kazenga LuaLua On Loan (View for a permanent deal)
ss-transfers-in.gif
Craig Mackail-Smith Undisclosed (Rumoured £3.25m)
ss-transfers-in.gif
Roland Bergkamp Undisclosed
ss-transfers-in.gif
Will Buckley £ 1,000,000
ss-transfers-in.gif
Will Hoskins Undisclosed

Last edited:
Back