Your FM Abilities

Strengths: Losing, sometimes scraping draws!
Weaknesses: Everything else!!

I'd say that my strengths are being able to overachieve via tactical nous and creating good teams.

Weaknesses are a tendency to push the wage cap as far as I can, and being too active in the transfer market. Training remains something I never spend enough time on.

Strengths- Finding young talent, finances, and forcing my team to promotion.

Weaknesses- I'm really bad at signing domestic players. Currently my Serie B squad only has 4 Italians with 2-3 others with dual nationality of Italy, and the rest being french, argentinian, and dutch.

Strength: Getting the best out of players,Understanding the game,Financial Control,Buying and finding future stars not with Genie Scout.

Weakenesses: Player Rotation

Last edited:
strengths - i adapt to every game differently ie some save games ill spend ***** nilly others ill show immense financial control

weaknesses - i dont like regens dor some reason so i never search for young talent and i always playing attacing football regardless of the game

Strengths: Cheap signings, scouting, finding the best regens without cheating

Weaknesses: Media handling, team talks, squad harmony

Strengths: Training (I build my own regimes and scout for decent coaches), and Tactics (Again, I build my own tactics and they seem to do well 90% of the time).

Weaknesses: Signings (I'm very poor at finding young talent to sign, especially good regens), and Player Happiness (In regards to when a bigger club wants to sign them and I don't let them hold talks to discuss a move, though I'm not sure if it's possible to avoid this while keeping the player).

Strengths:
Good with finances, never spend too much money - if any - in the transfer windows. I can go a good couple of years without making a single signing.
Using the Genie Scout. :)
My tactics are pretty good I suppose, they tend to win a lot.
Good youth policy, always looking to buy and use - even in important league games - young regens to improve them early.

Weaknesses:
Can never get a good player for a low amount of money, can't unsettle players.
Fine my players whenever they get sent off which backfires as they get pissy...
Rotating my players (GK in particular) to keep them happy.

strengths: finding good players without using scouts, balancing finances, able to come up with decent tactics to just about keep my teams' above the water

weaknesses: unwillingness to spend, media handling, selling players who are unhappy with me regardless of their abilities or roles in the team

Strengths: Training (I build my own regimes and scout for decent coaches), and Tactics (Again, I build my own tactics and they seem to do well 90% of the time).

Weaknesses: Signings (I'm very poor at finding young talent to sign, especially good regens), and Player Happiness (In regards to when a bigger club wants to sign them and I don't let them hold talks to discuss a move, though I'm not sure if it's possible to avoid this while keeping the player).

tell them you will let them leave at the end of the season but make sure you do something special like win the league or a cup or gain promotion. like what happened with gerrard in real life

tell them you will let them leave at the end of the season but make sure you do something special like win the league or a cup or gain promotion. like what happened with gerrard in real life

What, and then they want to stay at the end of the season?

If so, that's a good bit of advice there, thanks.

What, and then they want to stay at the end of the season?

If so, that's a good bit of advice there, thanks.

yeah on my scunthorpe story godwin antwi (who i took a chance on and made a good rb) wanted to leave i said end of the season end of the season we got promotion to the prem and he was happy again

yeah on my scunthorpe story godwin antwi (who i took a chance on and made a good rb) wanted to leave i said end of the season end of the season we got promotion to the prem and he was happy again

Score, this willl help a lot mate, thanks.

a pretty sexy tip there MR.T i will try it, sadly ive never won a trophy on fm 2010.... i know embarassing

Good thread,

I would think my strength is my knowledge of players. There is always a player in mind in any situation, whether i'm winning EPLs with Manchester City, or trying to stay up managing Chester.
Main weakness is probably, i don't quite know how to pu tthis.. Not attending games? I holiday so much in Football Manager, take right now for example, i just lost to Plymouth 3-2 at there place, i'm managing QPR. And i've now holidayed for 6 months due to my frustrations on that one game, thats why i always have to manage a World Class team rather than challenging myself, it takes the **** sometimes..
If thats not a weakness, i'd say that my lack of tactical depth is a bad thing. I concede goals in Corners and Free Kicks, where the opposition simply passes to a guy in tons of space and he slots home, whereas, he wouldn't, if i had set more people to man-mark.

I never go on holiday when managing a club. I can't bring myself to leave anything other than Friendlies to my Assistant Manager.

dont holiday four four two, or you will never get better at the game, i used to holiday after an embarassing loss, it just gets worse unless your assistant is amazing

My strengths
Getting tactics that tend to give me a lot of goals. My teams generally end up as one of the top scoring teams.
Taking a chance on people I think can turn out good/Finding good young talent. I tend to set up a very good scouting network and this normally ends with me finding good regens. On 09 I found a striker who was seen as a leading premier division striker by my 20/20 scout at the age of 18, and not at his full potential. He was out of my budget though sadly as Twente wanted at least £35m, and the only way to raise that would have been selling my current star striker.

My Weaknesses:
My tactics tend to leak goals like mad, and although I end up scoring a lot I am up there with the most goals conceded in the league too :/ .
Lack of financial control. I don't really tend to overspend much in the transfer market, but my wage budget quite often ends up too stretched or in the red.
Selling Players who decide to be "Unh" because I worry too much about dressing room harmony. I have sold some of my best players in the past through this (including, really stupidly, Sakho to Real Madrid for £20m).

I holiday in between games whether managing internationally or within a club, unless I'm looking at things, I tend to Holiday, it tends to be because FM runs so slowly on my PC.

Nice thread.

Id say my strength is knowing where my players play best. I dont force a player to do a role that dosent suit him. My weakness is probably I usualy impulse buy on transfers. As in I buy a player then I see another that i really like but dont need and I want to buy him.