Your hopes, expectations and prediction for season 2011-2012

sanketutd

Reaction score
Your hopes, expectations and prediction for season 2012-2013

I just wanted to ask everybody their hopes for next season.1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team?2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player?3. Expectations from season and by other teams? So the same question this year too...,I. hope the people who had a bad time last season have a better luck this time........

Last edited:
1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team? I am hoping we can win either two of the Premier League, Budwieser FA Cup or the Champions League. I am also hoping we give Boas the full season in charge and dont panic.

2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player? Well as we havn't signed anyone yet i will go with a player returning from a loan deal. Danny Sturridge showed what he could do when given a run of starts last season and every Chelsea supporter is hoping he gets given a proper chance this time round. As other teams go i am looking forward to seeing Yohan Cabaye at Newcastle, alot has been said about the lad and he helped Lille to a league title last season and at 5mill (i think) it could be a coup.

3. Expectations from season and by other teams? I may be wrong but arnt hopes and expectations the same thing?

Looking forward to most: Masturbating furiously every single Saturday night to Villas Boas on MOTD.

Alex bud, you need to get premium...Chelsea FC TV, pure AVB at least once an hour.
Plus Shearer/Hansen's voiceover would just turn me off his beautifully rounded face and surprisingly gingerish beard

All I want next season is Kun Aguero/Falcao in the BPL to be honest... :wub:

1 - I hope we sign Samir Nasri, win the FA Cup (it's been a long time) and get revenge over Barca.
2 - Nasri if we get him, and seeing De Gea prove the doubters wrong. Also Juan Mata, he'll surely be playing at Arsenal or Liverpool this season.
3 - I expect us to win the league...and Arsenal to win nothing. Again.

Looking forward to most: Masturbating furiously every single Saturday night to Villas Boas on MOTD.

I'll be joining you if we are winning lol.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

**** it, in that case I'm buying CFC TV.

6quid a month, not cheep.

1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team?

Promotion obviously!

2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player?

No specific players tbh! We've signed a completely new team and I'm very excited to see them all playing

3. Expectations from season and by other teams?

Promotion. Cheltenham/Plymouth/Barnet/Torquay to struggle. Northampton/AFC Wimbledon/Gillingham to be the "dark horses"

1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team? Not taking 6 months for the squad to start playing properly. Happy with a 7-8 placed finish
2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player? Erm, have we bought more than one? lol. However, I am looking forward to where Seamus Coleman left off last season. And hopefully, Rodwell staying injury free and returning to his usual self.
3. Expectations from season and by other teams? Relegation for Wigan, Swansea, and maybe Norwich. Expecting QPR to cause a few problems too.

1. Hope we repeat and better our performance of last season.
2. Looking forward to see the progress of our youth players such as cleverley,welbeck. Also david de gea and phil jones. I can't wait to see how conor wickham does at sunderland.
3. I think sunderland could cause some problems this season with the squad they have got now and getting brown and o'shea adds to the team too!

And yes, jacko my third point was what do you expect from other teams.

Last edited:
1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team? I am hoping we can win either two of the Premier League, Budwieser FA Cup or the Champions League. I am also hoping we give Boas the full season in charge and dont panic.

2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player? Well as we havn't signed anyone yet i will go with a player returning from a loan deal. Danny Sturridge showed what he could do when given a run of starts last season and every Chelsea supporter is hoping he gets given a proper chance this time round. As other teams go i am looking forward to seeing Yohan Cabaye at Newcastle, alot has been said about the lad and he helped Lille to a league title last season and at 5mill (i think) it could be a coup.

3. Expectations from season and by other teams? I may be wrong but arnt hopes and expectations the same thing?

You're wrong. Hoping is what you would LIKE to see happen; e.g. passing FFP and Expecting is what you think will happen, regardless of what you would LIKE to happen; e.g. failing FFP. ;)

1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team? Not taking 6 months for the squad to start playing properly. Happy with a 7-8 placed finish
2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player? Erm, have we bought more than one? lol. However, I am looking forward to where Seamus Coleman left off last season. And hopefully, Rodwell staying injury free and returning to his usual self.
3. Expectations from season and by other teams? Relegation for Wigan, Swansea, and maybe Norwich. Expecting QPR to cause a few problems too.

Hope Everton do well. Moyes deserves it... What's happened to Rodwell this season? Interest from Utd and co. has cooled dramatically and he had a poor U21 Tournament...

1. What are you hoping from Arsenal? The trophy we deserve at long last. Not especially fussed what it is - I'll go for the FA Cup to be neutral as I think the League is going to be very difficult for us to win this season - even without the annual end of season meltdown. For Cesc to stay/for Barca to CUoCO.

2. New player you're looking forward to seeing/any other team's player? Well we've only signed (sort of) Gervinho so far, and I am excited about him, but I also hope Bartley gets a chance and Van Persie can stay fit.

Look forward to seeing Ashley Young sit on the bench, and Torres re-find his form. Just not against us.

3. Expectations for the new season for Arsenal and others?

League: Top 3 minimum for Arsenal (challenging all the way), Utd to win again. :(

FA Cup: Arsenal to win (think we have a genuine chance), not sure how well Chelsea will do in this..

League Cup: Largely irrelevant, but if we really want to win a trophy and actually make an effort, Arsenal can win it. Otherwise, Man City.

Champions League: I've no worries about qualifying in the first place, as always we'll get to the QFs minimum. I hope we can reach the Semis - I see Utd, Arsenal, Madrid and Barca as semi-final contenders, Madrid to win it out-right.

Everton

1) We can get it together this pre-season, realize whats needed and tie up our big players on long-term deals. Hope we can sign a big forward who is trouble to all defenders and possibly a winger.

2. We haven't signed anyone, nor do i think we will. So i hope to see Arteta back on form tearing defences apart with his pin point passes. Fellaini playing the full season instead of picking up a season-ending injury round February like he has past 2 seasons. And hopefully, hopefully seeing Jermaine Beckford settled in the PL and bagging a few more goals.

3. I would love to say challenge for top 6 but if we dont spend i cant see that happening. I hope at minimum 7th place.

You're wrong. Hoping is what you would LIKE to see happen; e.g. passing FFP and Expecting is what you think will happen, regardless of what you would LIKE to happen; e.g. failing FFP. ;)

Hope Everton do well. Moyes deserves it... What's happened to Rodwell this season? Interest from Utd and co. has cooled dramatically and he had a poor U21 Tournament...

1. What are you hoping from Arsenal? The trophy we deserve at long last. Not especially fussed what it is - I'll go for the FA Cup to be neutral as I think the League is going to be very difficult for us to win this season - even without the annual end of season meltdown. For Cesc to stay/for Barca to CUoCO.

2. New player you're looking forward to seeing/any other team's player? Well we've only signed (sort of) Gervinho so far, and I am excited about him, but I also hope Bartley gets a chance and Van Persie can stay fit.

Look forward to seeing Ashley Young sit on the bench, and Torres re-find his form. Just not against us.

3. Expectations for the new season for Arsenal and others?

League: Top 3 minimum for Arsenal (challenging all the way), Utd to win again. :(

FA Cup: Arsenal to win (think we have a genuine chance), not sure how well Chelsea will do in this..

League Cup: Largely irrelevant, but if we really want to win a trophy and actually make an effort, Arsenal can win it. Otherwise, Man City.

Champions League: I've no worries about qualifying in the first place, as always we'll get to the QFs minimum. I hope we can reach the Semis - I see Utd, Arsenal, Madrid and Barca as semi-final contenders, Madrid to win it out-right.

The interest has cooled dramatically. Heard that they were going to wait one more season before deciding what to do. However, Everton are prepared to release him for £20 million to get the transfer money that Moyes needs badly. And he did have a sub-par U21's sadly. Think it's still the effects of the niggly injuries he had last season that really affected his performances. Pretty much admitted that himself. As long as he stays healthy this season, he'll have a much better season. If he does decide to move on, he'll have to improve to put himself in the shop window. I won't be happy if Man City get him though (they're after him now aswell). He'll just be a bench warmer and be wasted. Man Utd is a much more viable option. Or perhaps Chelsea and Spurs.

He spent a large part of last season injured, and rarely got into the first team. Then when he got into the first team he struggled to cement his position. I hope all this hype about him isn't going to fall short! Hopefully he can regain his form he showed 2 seasons ago when he tore United apart.

1. The main objective will be to start the season on August 6th, out of administration. I would then like the staff to be payed in full, and then for the footballing action? Something 12th- 19th would be nice, just please not another relegation and certainly not expecting a playoff push.

2. Liam Dickinson looks a good signing, I'm hoping him & Mason can pair the attack and bang in the goals. As for future signings, god knows who we will get. Looking foward to seeing Bristol Rovers new players, and all this hype over Paul Buckle.

3. Making no real comments on this; As we found out last season, everything can change when you least expect it. Its a long-road, and I can see some teams fluffing it big-time in League 2 this season. Relegation in one season, will not mean promotion in the next. The main expectation is 100% in every match, regardless.

1. What are you hoping from ManUtd?

A New CM who can attack and defend, one who can dictate tempo. To put it in simple words, player like Schweinsteiger. And also improving our away form..

2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player?

TBH, I'm looking forward to see all our new signings. More than them I like to see how Smallling and Hernandez performs after superb first season. Coming to new signings, De Gea on how well he can fill the VDS shoes and also how Young performs with quality players around him.

Other teams, If Sunderland signs Gibson then would like to see him what he can do when he gets consistent run of games. Also impressed with Newcastle signings, would keep an eye on the players.

3. Expectations from season and by other teams?

I expect United to win premier league and good run in the champions league.

Sunderland: With good signings, I expect them to finish within top 10.

Everton: Would like to see them do well and at around 6th or 7th spot and also carling cup or FA cup.

Liverpool qualifying for the CL. Probably the only hope i have for next season.

As i had my Pompey head on i now look stupid and obviously i know the difference between Q1 and Q2 lol so.

Expectations from season and by other teams? I expect Chelsea to finish in the top 2 and win atleast one of the main 3 trophies. I also expect Fernando Torres to score atleast 15goals and Lampard to hit the 20goal mark again as per norm.

What are you hoping?

I hope that we will challenge for the Premier League (not that likely) but qualify for the Champions League. I would also like to reach a Final (FA Cup, Carling Cup), and give the youngsters a chance like last season (I'm sure King Kenny will do that). I also hope that we will sign a few good players in the summer, one's that we need or are available for a great price (Juan Mata, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, etc.).

What are you looking forward to the most?

I'm looking forward to watching Henderson and (hopefully) a new signing play. However, I am equally excited at watching John Flanagan, Jack Robinson, Danny Wilson, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Kelly and Jay Spearing play. I believe they will form an impressive 'future team' and that they will be given a chance to shine in a cup game.

For other clubs, I'm excited at Andre Villas-Boas being in the Premier League, the new boys, FC Porto (I love their team) and of course, the new Manchester United signings. Oh, and naturally, Barcelona too!

What are your expectations for the new season?

I think the Premiership will be closer than ever, with many teams on the rise and many adding to their squad. The new boys should keep their heads above water, although some of them were a surprise. I am looking forward to watching Liverpool next season, but I understand the league is harder than ever.

I expect us to qualify for Europe, to reach a Semi-Final/Quarter-Final and to give our youngsters a chance whilst spending a bit on new players as well. I believe it will be a great season next year for Liverpool Football Club with King Kenny in charge.

Premiership: Top 7 finish, hopefully Top 4.

FA Cup: Quarter-Finals, or as far as we can if we are to use youngsters.

Carling Cup: Quarter-Finals, but don't really care to be honest.

I believe we are on the rise with King Kenny in charge, and next season will see the team blossom and reach their potential.