Your personal Beer/Lager review?

Anthony

Slide to unlock
Reaction score
Cant find a similar thread.

I have just horsed my way through 12 large bottles of 'Perlenbacher' Premium Pils from Lidl and would like to give it a quick review.
It has a strong Pilsner kick in the ***, with a tangy taste and a good refreshing cut to it.
I thought it was going to be rubbish but it surprised me tonight.

I have another 12 surprises left in the fridge.. So maybe I should log off and hide my mobile ;)

What beer/larger have you discovered lately??
Give us an aul review.

12491130.jpg

Fosters.

Truly divine.

That is all.

Lager is a type of beer, not all beers are lagers.

More recently been introduced to some of the lagers from the Weatherspoons menu. Not a huge drinker but normally stick to Magners/Bulmers if I am out.

However, had a bottle of Lucky;

2397616230_002d4a161d.jpg

Think we got it purely for the bottle. Can't really remember the flavour but have asked a mate and he said at the time we thought it was ok but nothing flash "a bit hoppy"- not worth the bit more we paid.

Reckon if it was in a normal bottle it would be about 50p cheaper.

Tyskie is drinkable also. But not the biggest Lager fan.

Last edited:
Why specific to beer and lager?

Recently ive had some nice spirits that ive never heard of before; Blavod and Passoa.

Anyway, this shop is local to me. Its awesome for undiscovered beers and plenty of spirits too.

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Online shop is pretty pricey, but hey-ho i get locals discount :D

Last edited:
Can't beat a Cold Heineken
If none is available insert *Carlsberg* above

Cider is the way forward, a pint of Thatchers Gold goes down a storm with me :)

just been at a friends drinking carling and stella - eughhh! :/
budweiser anytime, althoough i'm partial to cider :D

dont really support beer :S I prefer 'Long Drink' :wub:

Emm nothing too recently

Ive just gotten into Belhaven Best which is a proper mans drink, its nice a smooth but weighs heavy in the stomach.

Worst thing ive had recently was WKD pear cider, was so bad and I can almost drink anything.

My favourite bear atm is probs Carlsberg Export, probably becuase it brings back memories of summer drinking it outside <3

If only someone made a smooth drinking high percentage lager, with a shot of Tequila in it.

oh they do... Desperadoes!!! STUNNING. The easiest drinking beer iv ever tried, with a very nice high percentage ;).

usually bottles... however i found this loopy juice on TAP! in Austria.. Truly Amazing!

General lagers... i Carlsberg Export from the draft master that they sell... it is seriously like being in a pub ;)... otherwise just Carlsberg Export in a pub :p

Had a pint of this Ale a little while ago.

Think it might have been a limited edition though...

bonkers.jpg

Also had some Tactical Nuclear Penguin a few weeks ago:

bottle.jpg

One word: horrific.

Last edited:
we are on the same wave length. cider is god

Meh!!
Went through a cider phase in my early 20's.
Got bored with the sweetness and went on a hunt for good lager/beer.
Found some classics like Carlton Cold from Australia, Gutmann from Germany and Vos from Denmark.
Beer is the future.

If only someone made a smooth drinking high percentage lager, with a shot of Tequila in it.

oh they do... Desperadoes!!! STUNNING. The easiest drinking beer iv ever tried, with a very nice high percentage ;).

Had this in a mexican restaurant recently, basically desperadoes but without the price tag. http://www.globalbrands.co.uk/amigos/default.asp

Quite hard to find online, but im getting the shop i mentioned above to look into ordering it for me. :D

Meh!!
Went through a cider phase in my early 20's.
Got bored with the sweetness and went on a hunt for good lager/beer.
Found some classics like Carlton Cold from Australia, Gutmann from Germany and Vos from Denmark.
Beer is the future.

Well I am from the West country, and if you don't drink cider down here, your basically an outcast.