Your weird habits when playing FM

Even though I play for hours at a time, I mutter to myself the whole time that I play. Usually I stage imaginary press conferences and news reports about my club. I've even held a few grudges towards some of my players and sold a couple because of random incidents that I've made up.

Even though I play for hours at a time, I mutter to myself the whole time that I play. Usually I stage imaginary press conferences and news reports about my club. I've even held a few grudges towards some of my players and sold a couple because of random incidents that I've made up.

HAHA this is by far the funniest "weird habit" ive seen on here! Brilliant!

Great thread!

More recently, sometimes, on away games, I like to make a trip on Google Maps/Earth, starting from my stadium/city to the opponnents stadium/city.

Great thread!

More recently, sometimes, on away games, I like to make a trip on Google Maps/Earth, starting from my stadium/city to the opponnents stadium/city.

Haha this is genius! gives you time to get the suit on if your playing at wembley!! lol

Don't do it during the game but after I've played and am driving to work or when I'm in bed about to go to sleep I hold imaginary press conferences and interviews on tv about my successes and always appear on the old Gazzetta Football Italia that was on Channel 4 with James Richardson. We are best of buds and he always visits us a few times every season.

I always pause the game at minute: 20, 30, 55, 60 and 70. I do this to make some tactical changes, like changing my style from Attack to Countre or Control. You have to change you play style a few times, else your team gets complacent anyways!

I always want my mouse cursor to disappear.

Only when someone is in my room i'll be talking about/to the match I'm playing. Trying to make them jealous about how cool and exciting this game is. (and ofcourse how good my team is, bad the referees are and how lucky the opponents are!)

when on a game always have the cursor in the top right hand corner, have to do it straight away.

in press conferences always answer calmly, when a repeated question i then answer assertively, again i answer aggressively, and if the reporter even dares after that i storm out.

with wages and transfer fees i round up even if it costs me more, so if a player wanted 9750 i would offer 10000.

always make a scout scout the next team even though i rarely look at them.

pay extra to sign a player from the team i support (ipswich).

always pause the match then click tactics to change.

left winger has to be black.

- Must have at least one regen from Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina.
- Sign the top scorer for boca juniors and any good regen they might have. ( Will never win consecutive championships in my save).
- Schedule friendlies and loan regens to River Plate.
- Second nationality always Uruguay. (Leads to some very uncommon names)
- Number 1: Must have trance music playing in the background.

When I play as West Ham I play I'm forever blowing bubbles at the start of every game. In London derbies I loop it so it lasts the whole game and turn it up if in cup finals or when we have just won unexpectedly.

Plus if a player moans more than once even if he is the best player on the team he is gone just out of principle.

Last edited:
- If I get a young French striker or regen I have to instantly give him the #14 shirt in honour of Henry, thinking he'll live up to his potential more if he was presented with one of his nation's best ever players number on his back. Same with an Argentine I would give him the #32 in honour of Tevez. Weird I know lol, but it makes me feel more confident in them haha. Some sort of trend for good players when all the good numbers are took.

Signing brothers for a laugh, for example I had Eden Hazard & Thorgan so thought I better sign Kylian Hazard so he's not left out. Also Jordan Lukaku to keep Romelu company.

I play with my junk (not sexually)

*shrug*

You know how some people stroke their facial hair when in deep thought?