Your weird habits when playing FM

hera

Reaction score
What are yours? These are mine:

- back then I used to do this: sometimes when the opposition ran at my defence I stopped their action and randomly clicked on threir players because I was convinced that by doing so I'll somehaw break their anction so they won't score against me

- don't download facepacks because sometimes when I don't like player's face I don't buy him, even if he is wordclass. Also sometimes when I have a potential superstar regen and he looks somehaw weird to me, I turn the faces off i the preferences

- I wouldn't like if someone whom I'm buying thought that I'm a greedy *******, so sometimes I offer even highest salary that the one he woul'd accept

- I like to keep my Staff salaries more or less equal so no one feels unimportant in the club and by that, works harder, so for example my physio gives better massages etc

I have no idea why but I cant play a match with music on .. I have no idea why .. wierd habbit (i have no prob listening to music on the menu but not when there is a match)

my 2nd GK will always be number 52 ... it catched my eyes when I saw Szczesny wearing those numbers. (not an arsenal fan)

One of my 3 tactics will always be a tactic without a striker ...

BPL is always loaded up as playable for me (Even if im starting a save as a.madrid) , its a wierd habbit because my computer sucks ... and I cant play a save without bpl loaded as playable

I have a few more but those are the things that poped on my mind

During loading times and during matches i shuffle a deck of cards, dont ask about that one

i dont know why but in the match my mouse must be on the side of the screen that im attacking. and less of a weird habit and more of a tactical preference but i always have to play a flat back 4 with 1 cb being a stopper and the other being a cover

I am super OCD about kit numbers. I always try and assign classical positional numbers to new signings and youngsters. e.g., an attacking midfielder will always wear #10, the back up AM tends to wear #20.

I talk to myself, i know thats quite common in all aspects of life but I don't ever usually do it unless its during a football manager session.

no matter who i play as, i always sign will hughes, i swear at my players when they fail and i put my hand over my eyes when the opposition have a corner or a free kick with in scoring range ^^

I always sub players because they are tired rather than if they are having a bad game...doesn't always work well. I also sell players on the cheap to teams I like just to help them out. If I'm playing with the editor I usually bankrupt arsenal...no particular reason haha.

My back up keeper normally wears the number 69, unless I manage to sign John Terry

Always have the mouse in that particular space between definitions and coach advices, during the games.
Everytime I suffer/score a goal, I always check the league table seeing if there's anything different from the previous time, and I stay really upset when I'm playing at cups.

I always have to have my mouse cursor fully to the right during a game, and I cannot sit still for an entire game, for no reason. It's just hard to stop it. I also have to visually imagine how the player shirt would look with the numbers I gave players, and if it doesn't 'look' good, the players would be given 'better' numbers

I do a commentary on the game out loud

I try to make my first 11 all be numbers from 1-11
gk-1
rb-2 cb-5+6 lb-3
most defensive mid- 4
best overall mid- 8
rw- 7 lw-11
main striker- 9
most attacking mid/striker in 4-4-2 - 10

Sometimes when the opposition attack I fast forward or I make a substitute in hope that the chance may 'fade' out. (I play in extended mode)

I love this thread!!

I rarely sign ugly players!
I never use regen faces
I always try not to have many foreigners in my team
I like having "normal" mixes of nationalities (e.g. I would never sign a norwegian player in a italian team, or a russian in a brazilian team)
As mentioned from other users, I keep classic numbers for my first eleven, but I always use No21 for my DM

but I always use No21 for my DM
i assume you're a liverpool fan since lucas wears 21.

on topic:
i NEVER EVER EVER will give my striker a number 15 or 25 it just seems they're for defenders.
i will NEVER give an outfield player the number 13, dunno why

its usually:
gk:1,13,99
full backs: 2,3,16-19,22-29
cb: 4,5,6,15,25,26
cdm/cm: 4,6,8,21
cam: 10,20,21,14
wingers:7,11,14,16,17,18,19
strikers:9,10,11,12,14

I always set my pre-season tours / friendlies in places I'd like to go myself. As a young manager on the game I like to think I am "one of the lads" and want my boys to enjoy themselves. This summer we did a tour in Sweden just for the women. (I've been there a couple of times... Crikey)

I remember my mate telling me he never signed ugly players on his FIFA career mode.. I thought it was the strangest habit I've ever heard, turns out it's quite common!

I used to have a lot of these habits people have been saying, but not so much anymore. I do still have urges to do everything symmetrically, which really inconveniences making tactics and signing players. :/ i.e There must be two of each position.. Cannot sign a natural AMR if my current winger is an MR.

Oo I have antoher , some1 said that he like to sell players on the cheap to help smaller clubs , if I get a big transfer budget , ill go the the lowest english league I got loaded and buy a player for around 2m from one of the teams there ... every time I have a big transfer budget I do that

I won't sign players that have old fashioned first names. Even if they're really good, players called Jim, Fred, Frank, Terry, Bob, Bill, etc. Youth intakes with these names will be politely shown the door.

I use FMRTE to change all my kits, and of all the teams in my division, every off season, and to give a random tiny nation a great player.

I always develop every players weaker foot.

I'll not even watch games that don;t mean anything late in the season. I'll set the line-up, start the game, and then go and do something else for a few minutes. I could put the kettle on, go to the toilet, watch the telly, browse online, but I only watch games where I'm sure the outcome will matter.

I'll always have a couple of youth 15 or 16 year olds on the bench.

I only hire female physios.

I'll exchange every player at half time in the first three pre-season friendlies.

When booking the friendlies, I'll give a big pay day to the bottom team of the lowest division or the team that promoted in.