Your World Cup Memories

1st one i remember was 02 japan/korea

the 1st one i watched was 06 germany

Did he really get sent of for diving?
No the guy who kicked the ball at him was sent off.

Everybody goes on about the Maradona goal against England being the best goal from Mexico 86 but this one from Brazilian right back Josimar topped it for me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06LMc9lCso"]YouTube- Josimar[/ame]

Last edited:
i remember watching englands first group game of the 06 world cup in this pub and i kept spraying people with my silly string lol

No the guy who kicked the ball at him was sent off.

Didn't Rivaldo get punished? My memories are very vague can remember owen hargreaves crying after penalties defeat to portugal in 06 and remember watching england v brazil in school all i can remember from that match is men with yellow tops and blue shorts playing against men wearing white in 02 but what i was in yr 2 that time very young so didn't get the concept of football back then

Didn't Rivaldo get punished? My memories are very vague can remember owen hargreaves crying after penalties defeat to portugal in 06 and remember watching england v brazil in school all i can remember from that match is men with yellow tops and blue shorts playing against men wearing white in 02 but what i was in yr 2 that time very young so didn't get the concept of football back then

actually brazil were wearing blue tops against england just to correct you :) :p

Hargreaves put in the best ever performance for England in those 120 minutes, we cried for him...

here were the goals, this was the season where i started getting into other football teams than manchester city
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olCT2TSqbWY"]YouTube- FIFA WC 06 Germany 4 - 2 Costa Rica[/ame]

Hargreaves put in the best ever performance for England in those 120 minutes, we cried for him...

yessss hargreaves was arguebly englands best player in the 06 world cup its ashame about these injurys otherwse we could take him to south africa :(

ahh another memory of mine is watching the 2002 world cup final in my nans house lol cant remember any of the match but just remember being at my nans watching it :)

he was sensational that tournament. its such a shame his injuries have hindered him so badly.

I remember crying after the game against Portugal in 06, also in back Euro 2004, :'( I get really emotional over football, either upset, or really angry.

I remember at world cup 98' Owens amazing run at the scummy argentina defence

beckham nearly ruining his whole career with diego simeone falling over like a sack of spuds '****'

and Valderamas stunning hair XD

oh ye and the whole romania team with their blonde hair die massacre

The thing i remember most from 06 was Ronaldo winking after he got Rooney sent off. Lets hope Rooney can keep control of his temper this World Cup because it will be targeted.

I think he has matured a fair bit. Still prone to the odd attack on the ref but he is far more disciplined these days. Our hopes rest on that boys shoulders, he needs to play well.

I remember at world cup 98' Owens amazing run at the scummy argentina defence

beckham nearly ruining his whole career with diego simeone falling over like a sack of spuds '****'

and Valderamas stunning hair XD

oh ye and the whole romania team with their blonde hair die massacre

the Eminem appreciation society lol

How long left until the World Cup? Do you think it would be a good idea having a countdown clock on FM Base?

2002 the worst moment in my life.

Ronaldinhos free kick flys over possibly the best keeper alive at the time. i bust into tears at the end of the match. And the roll coaster that followed which is supporting england officially began for me.

The 2002 World Cup, watching England lose angainst Brazil in the primary school hall, I think almost everyone cried :'(

2002 the worst moment in my life.

Ronaldinhos free kick flys over possibly the best keeper alive at the time. i bust into tears at the end of the match. And the roll coaster that followed which is supporting england officially began for me.

*cough*Oliver Kahn*cough*

I remember crying after the game against Portugal in 06, also in back Euro 2004, :'( I get really emotional over football, either upset, or really angry.

I know what u mean, when something doesn't go the way I want it to I would probably get upset or really ****** off and end up breaking something :S