Zambo's "Create a Club" (Gameplay and Discussion Topic)

ZamboUK

Reaction score
This is the Gameplay and Discussion topic for Zambo's "Create a Club" idea, as found in the initial topic (Found Here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/edit...ea-sign-ups-interest-topic-2.html#post1168959).

The premise is simple. (Kinda). You get to create your own club, choosing the name, details, kit colours, location, etc. I create the club for you using the Editor tool, and set all clubs on an equal footing so that they have equal finances, a playing squad of identical skill and a backroom staff also of identical skill, then we let the simulation run and see who's fictional team manages to rise the highest!

I've created all the players and staff from scratch. All of them have a CA of 100, and a PA of 120 and they are all 20 years old. (even the chairman!) They have a "20" in their chosen position/role so that their stats are allocated accordingly, but all other stats are set to "0" in the editor, which means they will be assigned a random value once the game loads up.
I will be in the game as an unemployed manager and I will be keeping tabs on all the teams as we progress and making sure that I do not interfere in any way whatsoever. (Other than to take a few screen shots.)

The rest, as they say, is up to the footballing Gods...or SI's game engine anyway!

The entrants are as follows:

ZamboUK - Camden Town FC
ZamboUK - Smith City
Formia - Formia Calcio
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
I7IDanny - Walton-Le-Dale Dragons
Fonzie - Ramsgate United FC
LuXiR - FC Sportif
ajr18 - Moelfre and Benllech Boys FC
Eoin McG - Larkhall Athletic
ViniH - Awesome FC
Sid - She Bu Shakmansurs
blank 27 - Atlantique Galactic Athletic
TobyLarone - West Hamburger United
joshwiggy - FC Josh 95
damiennevo - Netto Tekkers
Frankenstein - Football Club Sheffield
Redmens09 - AFC Bristol
The Genie - AFC Dudley
JUStInCE - Justice Mikey
GCFCconner - Exeter Easy Beats
champainsupanova - Walthamstow FC
Wilko_Wolves - Halesowen Town FC
bakazzy - WSE Slim
Germaniac - Armory FC

==================================================

The Setup:

View attachment 170409

I've set the game up with the following leagues enabled:
England (Blue Square North/South)
France (National)
Germany (Second Division)
Ireland (First Division)
Italy (Serie B)
N. Ireland (Second Division)
Scotland (Third Division)
Spain (LIGA adelante)
Wales (Principality Welsh Prem)

This gives me a total database of around 39,000 players and an estimated speed of 4 stars, which means I can keep the game running fairly quickly and still give our managers a shed load of players to play with!

=====

View attachment 170410

I have entered myself in to the game as an unemployed manager. I will not interfere with game in any way whatsoever, other than to watch some of the key matches and take screen shots of anything I deem to be "newsworthy". I will not be managing any club and will just be acting as an observer.

=====

View attachment 170411

All the teams have been entered in to the Blue Square Premier League. All the teams have been given an identical set of players and backroom staff, aswell as identical Finances, Stadium, Reputation and Sponsorships.
The Training statistics have been decided by the creators and the Tactical preferences have also been decided by the creators.

Every team is on a level playing field, and only by adapting and changing throughout the course of the game will they be able to set themselves ahead of the chasing pack and advance up the league!

=====

Next Update: Pre-Season

Pre-Season 2010-2011:

View attachment 170440View attachment 170426View attachment 170425View attachment 170424View attachment 170423View attachment 170422View attachment 170421View attachment 170420View attachment 170418View attachment 170417View attachment 170416View attachment 170432View attachment 170428View attachment 170439View attachment 170438View attachment 170437View attachment 170436View attachment 170435View attachment 170434View attachment 170433View attachment 170431View attachment 170430View attachment 170429View attachment 170415

The Pre-Season for our teams has been eventful to say the least! Above are screen captures of the pre-season results for each team. I've compiled a shortened version of some of the more newsworthy bits of information.

Notable Matches:
Atlantique 1 - 4 Aston Villa
Awesome 3 - 1 Fulham
Dragons 1 - 2 Sunderland
Halesowen 1 - 2 Portsmouth
Mikey 2 - 3 West Ham
Ramsgate 0 - 2 Wolves
Shakmansurs 2 - 1 Blackpool
West Hamburger 0 - 2 Everton​

• Only THREE teams have a 100% (Wins in every match) record following their pre-season results. They are FC Sheffield (5 Wins), WSE Slim (4 Wins) and FC Sportif (4 Wins)
  • NSNO need to sack the Physio after racking up a whopping 6 injuries in their pre-season preparations.
  • SIX teams managed to complete their pre-season preparation without inflicting any injuries on their players. They are AFC Bristol, Camden Town FC, Exeter Easy Beats, MABBFC, WSE Slim and West Hamburger United.
  • There has been NO transfer activity during the pre-season.
=====

Next Update: Opening Day (2010-2011 Season)

Looking good man!

Just a quick question, have you put any official rivalries in, or are we just going to pick someone to banter with about results etc?

I completely forgot to be honest!

That's something I can work on for the next run I suppose!

quality preseason.. 2-1 win over west ham resies, 2-0 over hearts and 4-1 v preston

Wow, this is awesome!

EDIT: Release the database please :D

Good work man! :)
Everything good for my team so far (H)

Judas Priest and Freddy Mercury in centre midfield for me lol

what the flying ****! 6 injuries! i am the Everton of the blue square league this year.

This is looking amazing however, top work man excellent!

Looks a really nice simulation game!
I'll be following it :)

great work Mate

Looking forward to the updates

how often you going to update us? just the end of the season?

Last edited:
one all draw at home to leyton orient, east london derby anyone hehe, solid pre-season for walthamstow though.
i agree to release the database as a download