Zambo's Fantasy Draft/Auction Game

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Come on guys, we only need eight more players!

Last edited:
Sorry mate bit still a little confused about investment. How is the return on the investment decided? I'm probably being really stupid here but would appreciate it if someone could clear it up. Thanks :)

Sorry mate bit still a little confused about investment. How is the return on the investment decided? I'm probably being really stupid here but would appreciate it if someone could clear it up. Thanks :)

Check post number five for a proper explanation.

Basically, it's a gamble (as real investments are) at the end of the season you'll get a random pay out. You could gain 10%, or you could lose 10% (for example) of your invested money. Whatever the result is (whether you've gained or lost money from your invested amount), you get it back at the end of the season.

Seven more spaces to go!

Birmingham
Bolton
Fulham
Newcastle
Stoke
West Brom
Wolves

Username: NeedForSpeed
Team: Newcastle
Investment: 20mill

Last edited:
This sounds great as Ive said earlier and I understand the investment side of things but couple of quick things....

Not quite sure about how you actually do well... Are we joining a game? You say you are simulating a season-- what exactly does that mean? On FM with our chosen teams? Completely randomly?

Also are you just going to email us the list or post it on here?

Cheers

You'll follow the game as I will post updates in this topic on how the season is going for everyone. If you look at some of the other topics on Auction Games, this will follow a very similar concept in terms of how the game progresses.

I will post the draft list on here, once we have enough players, and announce the draft order, which will literally be selected from a hat in front of me (completely random). Then I will PM the users, one at a time in the order of their draft picks and ask them to make a selection. You will have 24 hours from the moment of my PM to make a selection, or it will go to the next person to make their selection.

Every transfer window that opens, I will allow an auction game to begin, by taking people from a certain nation and listing them as open for auction. I will post an auction list on here and then you will PM me bids on the people you want to buy. Whoever has the highest bid wins the player!

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Edit: Only six places to go!!

Last edited:
So is there only one season? If more, how will you auction regens?

There will be lots of seasons, so long as the game remains active. I will auction regens by showing a screenshot of said player when listing them.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

IF it's like the other Auction games then players don't age, so therefore no regens.

I kind of like the idea of players retiring and ageing, etc. I'm open to make it so that players don't age (if that's what people want to do) but I'd happily have it so that they do age.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Six spaces left!

Birmingham
Bolton
Fulham
Stoke
West Brom
Wolves

Having them age would be nice, adds a little more point to signing the young good players because they will improve.
Also it could change how people bid for some of the better older players.

Ageing seems more realistic, also makes the game more interesting. Someone's team not doing too well initially could do very good when the wonderkids develop into world beaters.

That was what I was thinking!

We still need six more players....come on guys! Tell your friends, your family and your family's friends!

does the AI not make transfers for the teams automatically?

I'll be making sure that they have a £0 transfer budget, and I'll be simulating one month at a time. I can prevent all transfers (using FMRTE, or something similar) if that is required. I don't mind to allow the managers to make their own transfers if you want them to, but I was thinking to put all transfer moves on you, the owners.

User Name: (Your name) mark 19 times
Team: (That you wish to control) birmingham city
Investment: (How much, of the total £500 million do you wish to invest) 15 million