Á mikla færeyska æsku áskorun (The great Faroese Youth Challenge)

Obscurity

Reaction score
800px-Flag_of_the_Faroe_Islands.svg.png

Football remains the most popular sport in the Faroe Islands by a distance. Followed by handball, volleyball and rowing (the national sport). Sporting facilities are dotted around the islands. According to FIFA there are well over 5000 registered football players in the Faroe Islands. As follows: All Players 8,094, Registered players 5,694, Unregistered Players 2,400 and Officials 1,050.

The media's coverage of football is also intense. A ten-team Faroe Islands first division, the Vodafonedeildin, flourishes despite a total population of just 46,000.

The record attendance for a football match in the Faroe Islands is 6,642. It was set in 1998 when the Faroe Islands won 2-1 against Malta, at the Svangaskarðy.

My Team

z4qy3QJ.png

Royn Hvalba or Bóltfelagið Royn or just Royn is a Faroese football and sports association from Hvalba in Suðuroy, founded 23 October 1923. Chairman for Royn Hvalba is Ingibjørg Vestergaard. Manager is Ingi Mortensen. Royn had a team in the Faroese second division (2. deild) in 2011 and 2012, but they got relegated and will play in 3. deild in 2013. Royn also has teams for girls and boys, in 2012 they had a team for girls under 12, a team for boys U8 and one for boys U10. Royn and TB Tvøroyri now have a new manager for all the youth teams of the two clubs. Men over 35 have their own team. The women had their own team earlier. Royn is one of three football associations in the island Suðuroy. The other two football clubs are FC Suðuroy with base in Vágur and TB Tvøroyri from Tvøroyri. Royn Hvalba plays its home matches on the football field in Hvalba, which is a grass field (natural grass).

The stadium:

Hvalba_Football_Field_A_Skorinum.jpg

The aim? Get to the top of the Faroe Islands and then the top of Europe using only players coming through the Youth System.

Ready for a save going to at least 2050? LETS GO!​

Looks great, I will definitely follow! Got a similar story up with Aberystwyth Town and it is hard enough with signing players so this will be really tough, looking forward to the next update :D

Looking forward to seeing this, I have attempted this on 2012 without a youth only clause and failed so this should be good if you can get anywhere near.

Looks great, I will definitely follow! Got a similar story up with Aberystwyth Town and it is hard enough with signing players so this will be really tough, looking forward to the next update :D

Thanks Safc-mad-scotty I've already noticed a mistake, I missed out the capital 'G' on great which could annoy my OCD haha, I should have the first screenshots up soon!

V5NBD98.png

I want to go onto the pitch all guns blazing so I will be trying this out as a very attacking 'We can score 1 more than you' tactic and hopefully it will work.

Nm32WIM.png

We supposedly have a 2,000 capacity stadium but it really depends on how many people you can fit in a field!

gIfuJYc.png

We have very basic facilities which will mean poor youth, but it can't be worse than our current players.

daEbaK6.png

In 89 years of existence they've managed to finish 2nd in the cup once and haven't done anything else.

wfWZQhn.png

We have some good attacking players but our defence is very, very weak indeed! Here are some of our best players:

WgnpiqN.png

excgvlC.png

GDCSo2s.png

F5R2DPY.png

PtuUSUk.png

Z3ifhQa.png

4oGUOTJ.png

J0IBAnp.png

e8lllVW.png

Champions league group stages (cannot for the life of me remember who I was using) but it was tough and took me a good 20 seasons.

Wow, well congratulations for even making it that far, which is a big accomplishment in itself!

uCgoBaq.png

Well, I got Pre-Season over with my assistant taking control of the matches, we didn't face any teams at the same level as us but we showed that we were good in attack although fragile in defence which doesn't help with what the media rates us...

8VO5zrP.png

Pretty much all the B teams are rated better than us.

5Myg2Zs.png

We also lost 3 players over the winter, 1 of which was our first choice and only decent goalkeeper.​

GdxGQkZ.png

hN7l2fW.png

It's been pretty mental so far, especially the first game of the season! We were up 1-0 after 15 seconds, up 3-0 after 8 minutes, went in at half-time 4-2 and ended up tying 4-4. I can't really complain as we're above all expectations and Chris Hammerfoss Craib has scored 8 goals in 9 games.​

GPBhSYy.png

kZWcJW5.png

RlYMDeb.png

It's been a tough couple of months as we've been struggling to find wins and we also broke our own record of highest scoring game which was the 4-4 draw, it's now the 4-6 loss!​

Good start should be interesting to see how you get on with this. Started a similar save with a small club The Buffs Scotland's new rangers if you could check it out and give me any feedback you have it's my first story so help would be great

Good start should be interesting to see how you get on with this. Started a similar save with a small club The Buffs Scotland's new rangers if you could check it out and give me any feedback you have it's my first story so help would be great

Yea, I'll give you some feedback in a sec :)

SSzFoCO.png

MFURW0O.png

1lfkTEl.png

Everyone is rated 5* so it was very hard for me to decide who to give the YP tags too. In the end I went on the CA alone.​

QuJMovS.png

2AKPANM.png

Well, we finished the season on a high, my 'We can score more than you' tactic worked and we are now getting promoted!

63MKYoZ.png

ZB5xK3M.png

0g1RE7r.png

In a season where the defenders didn't defend, the strikers were by far the best players in the team.​

Good god! the Faroe islands! you really must like punishment.....

I agree with MojoDex... Dear Lord... Wish you all luck in the world, you're gonna need it for CL glory. I'll follow...

Good god! the Faroe islands! you really must like punishment.....

I agree with MojoDex... Dear Lord... Wish you all luck in the world, you're gonna need it for CL glory. I'll follow...

Haha, thanks guys, I always find that the most challenging saves make the most memorable and enjoyable games.

Last edited:
Wow, what a challenge! Stay strong mate, I'll be here for moral support :p