• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 594
  • Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Semi's i think we could beat either Brum, Villa Ipswich,WBA and the hammers at home and maybe a draw away

4-0 West Ham :'( Couldn't watch the game because my Sky is ******** up with the snow, Jesus.

Trash competition anyway <)

Just got back. Bendtner was hilariously inept until his goal, Vela's finishing was absolutely atrocious. That said Gibbs was quite good and RVP looked very sharp. Wilshere made some mazy runs and generally looked busy, good game for him minus one horrible pass that led to a Wigan opportunity. Walcott was impressive, consistently beating his man.

Last edited:
Just got back. Bendtner was hilariously inept until his goal, Vela's finishing was absolutely atrocious. That said Gibbs was quite good and RVP looked very sharp. Wilshere made some mazy runs and generally looked busy, good game for him minus one horrible pass that led to a Wigan opportunity. Walcott was impressive, consistently beating his man.

TH14 didn't get the ball anywhere near as much as he should have, it took Arsenal an age to give it to him, then they just left him to it, no support at all.

Denilson looked a bit shaky, didn't help that Gibbs kept playing him into trouble, talking of which he was poor until about the 40th minute when he finally burst forward off the ball and got a cross in. Until then everything was sideways, backwards etc. Vela was shockingly poor, he literally couldn't have bought a goal tonight, missed a chip, miscontrolled another time and 'missed' (hit target but saved) an open goal set up by Theo.

RVP had some nice touches, pity Vela was so *****, and Bendtner for all his height couldn't win a ball in the air challenged or otherwise. Bit lucky with the goal in the end, almost missed it..

Nasri had a knock, then almost scored - showing just how much difference he made when he came on.. Had a shot cleared off the line when he rounded Al Habsi.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/wiki/File:Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png

Carling Cup quarter-final
Venue: St Andrew's Date: Wednesday, 1 December Kick-off: 1945 GMT
Coverage: Live on Sky Sports 1

TEAM NEWS

Birmingham midfielder Craig Gardner could return from an ankle injury to face his former club on Wednesday. Alexander Hleb has been ruled out with a hamstring problem, but Blues manager Alex McLeish is expected to field a stronger side than in previous rounds.
Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor has recovered from illness, while defender James Collins has overcome a calf strain.
Midfielder Stephen Ireland has a sickness bug and will not play.
Marc Albrighton is also missing for the visitors after having his appendix out, while Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell, Emile Heskey and Stiliyan Petrov remain on the sidelines.

Birmingham: Foster, Carr, Johnson, Dann, Redmond, Larsson, Ferguson, Bowyer, Fahey, Jerome, Zigic. Subs: Taylor, Gardner, Derbyshire, Michel, Beausejour, Jiranek, Murphy.
Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ashley Young, Clark, Hogg, Bannan, Downing, Agbonlahor. Subs: Guzan, Pires, Ireland, Carew, Delfouneso, Cuellar, Lichaj.
Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

Good teams from both Brum and Villa. Our midfield looking very youthful as per usual recently, but Dunne and Big James are back together in defence. I'm not expecting this one to be a classic considering the quality of the defences on show. Johnson & Dann and Dunne & Collins are both formidable defensive partnerships, so I'm not expecting a thriller. Good to see Ireland making the bench at least, he's been a little ill recently.

dont know who i want to win as they are both equal teams IMO

dont know who i want to win as they are both equal teams IMO

BLASPHEMY!

If nothing else, support Villa because we've got the future of Scotland playing in midfield tonight. Bannan :wub:

Reckon it will be a tedious match with a single goal winning it. Home advantage will play a big part IMO, and their experience in midfield will win them the game for me.

Birmingham 1-0 Aston Villa - Jerome/Larsson.

yeah but who would be easier for Arsenal if we got either in the semi final draw ?

1924: By the way, we think there is an error in the Birmingham team sent to us by the Press Association below, with Liam Ridgewell in the side and not Nathan Redmond.

yeah but who would be easier for Arsenal if we got either in the semi final draw ?

Considering recent results, Villa.

I think a scrappy 1-0 win for Brum, won't be much quality on show. Typical derby basically. Roger Johnson gets the winner

Just like Ridgwell scored an own goal, so will Craig Gardner. :P

I've got to admit, birmingham city have improved, but i can't see them beating Villa

Penalty to Brum! ******.

1-0 to the home side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back