11.3 Feedback/Bug Reporting Thread

With the new patch its basically unplayable if you want to play with the MLS. I know that most people don't ever touch that league, but after the patch the rules are that you have to have two academy apprentices on your team. Problem is the game doesn't recognize the MLS to have homegrown players (no players from your youth academy) so after the two players who are listed at the beginning of the game retire or trade you will always have an incomplete roster. So everytime an guy comes back from an injury you have to sim. Not that big of a deal except for when it is on a gameday and then you have to sim the game as well.

I had my game for a few days playing it unpatched. I downloaded a bunch of kit & logo (club badges, competition logos etc) packs and it was all good. Every single Premier League right down to Conference North/South club had its kits. Now, yesterday I downloaded patch 11.3 and patched my game, only to discover that a few English Premier League teams have lost their kits, and almost all of the Conference North/South teams have lost their kits as well. I told the game to reload skins but it done nothing, still missing kits.

I want my kits back! I purposely added it to improve the authenticity of the game, now the patch has messed it all up.

I think there's an issue where the game can treat a player who you have recently resigned as a player/coach as an entirely new player to the team. One of my centre-backs has been playing for me for 10 seasons and late last season I changed his contract to player/coach and suddenly he's "having serious problems blending into the team".

I totally agree with what Carlito, Chris and others are saying on page 14. Since this patch, injuries have just been ridiculous. I get an inury in 9/10 games I reckon, in a few of those it's just the sort of "half injury" thing where you can leave them on but it's a risk so that is still annoying. However, I am still getting some bad injuries on a frequent basis, much more so than previous patches.

The other thing about dominating games and losing out on a regular basis rings very true with me also. It is infuriating, pretty much spoilt the game for me because I can take it every now and again, that's true to life, we know this. Yet, when it is happening so frequently it's just daft. It's the same thing every single time.

I will have 55%-65% posession over 90 minutes. There will be 15-25 shots and 7-12 on target. Oppostion has little posession and about 4-8 shots, 1-3 on target. They win 1-0. Or there is the other scenario that seems to happen to me quite often whereby all the above stats are the same but you get to 70th minute, in and around that time and finally you get the goal you deserve. Then before you even finished exhaling your huge sigh of relief "THEY HIT BACK IMMEDEATLY" (little snippet from the FM commentary team there), 1-1, I now want to throw my computer out of window. It literally happens that fast, you score, they kick off and score, after doing nothing for the whole game.

As I said above, I can take that sort of stuff happening every now and again because that does happen but the frequency it happens is ridiculous, it didn't happen on previous patches and it happens in the exact same way everytime, you can see it coming.

The other thing that I've noticed but haven't seen mentioned is loan fees, they are ****** extortionate on this patch, I don't understand why. It is now impossible for a championship team, or below, to loan decent premiership players. I was playing as Leicester and was in need of a right winger but there were none interested that represented value for money so I figure, loan for the season, get promotion hopefully, look into it then. Go to the loan list, see Bebe at the top. So I'm thinking, perfect, his stats are good on the game, he would hopefully be ok with coming to a promotion-chasing side for regular football, good call. So I go to put the offer in, United want 100% wages and £1.1 million fee. £1.1 million?? Are you kidding me? It's the same story for anyone on the loan list, ridiculous fees that lower teams simply cannot afford.

So all in all, mega, huge, epic fail Footy Manager. Seriously. Hope you're doing a better job with FM 2012!!!

Here's a question: I'm not a super-experienced player, so what I describe may be just a normal game behavior that I don't understand. Anyway, I'm using basically stock 11.3 with Uncle Ron's England 7/8 addition, playing as Merstham. On two separate occasions, without explanation and through no doing of mine, I've experienced club-wide salary drops of about 25% for each individual, players, staff, and me. Once was after a promotion to Level 6, but I'm pretty sure the other was in the middle of a season. Both times were when the club was in the red and losing money, as if the board had suddenly implemented an austerity budget. But like I said, there was no announcement or anything, and the players don't seem to notice. (Youth contracts, for instance, go from $8 to $5 across the board.) At level 6 my own salary dropped from $425 to $250. Am I right to think that something is off here?

I totally agree with what Carlito, Chris and others are saying on page 14. Since this patch, injuries have just been ridiculous. I get an inury in 9/10 games I reckon, in a few of those it's just the sort of "half injury" thing where you can leave them on but it's a risk so that is still annoying. However, I am still getting some bad injuries on a frequent basis, much more so than previous patches.

The other thing about dominating games and losing out on a regular basis rings very true with me also. It is infuriating, pretty much spoilt the game for me because I can take it every now and again, that's true to life, we know this. Yet, when it is happening so frequently it's just daft. It's the same thing every single time.

I will have 55%-65% posession over 90 minutes. There will be 15-25 shots and 7-12 on target. Oppostion has little posession and about 4-8 shots, 1-3 on target. They win 1-0. Or there is the other scenario that seems to happen to me quite often whereby all the above stats are the same but you get to 70th minute, in and around that time and finally you get the goal you deserve. Then before you even finished exhaling your huge sigh of relief "THEY HIT BACK IMMEDEATLY" (little snippet from the FM commentary team there), 1-1, I now want to throw my computer out of window. It literally happens that fast, you score, they kick off and score, after doing nothing for the whole game.

As I said above, I can take that sort of stuff happening every now and again because that does happen but the frequency it happens is ridiculous, it didn't happen on previous patches and it happens in the exact same way everytime, you can see it coming.

The other thing that I've noticed but haven't seen mentioned is loan fees, they are ****** extortionate on this patch, I don't understand why. It is now impossible for a championship team, or below, to loan decent premiership players. I was playing as Leicester and was in need of a right winger but there were none interested that represented value for money so I figure, loan for the season, get promotion hopefully, look into it then. Go to the loan list, see Bebe at the top. So I'm thinking, perfect, his stats are good on the game, he would hopefully be ok with coming to a promotion-chasing side for regular football, good call. So I go to put the offer in, United want 100% wages and £1.1 million fee. £1.1 million?? Are you kidding me? It's the same story for anyone on the loan list, ridiculous fees that lower teams simply cannot afford.

So all in all, mega, huge, epic fail Footy Manager. Seriously. Hope you're doing a better job with FM 2012!!!

Totally agree mate, especially with the loan fees. I am playing as crystal palace as i always do but doing one with new summer signings and i literally cant get any loan players, the minimum fees are 300k.

100% with you there mate!

Started a game with Everton and if you have never played with them then you need to know that they are skint, not a penny available for a transfer and even if you slide your wage/transfer budgest balance it does nothing. They also have a VERY small squad. Two senior strikers, so you are really forced to play a 4-5-1. The players Everton do have are actually perfectly suited to a 4-5-1 but then you literally have no depth. So I decide I'll make at least 3 loan signings. I target Chris Smalling from Man U, Sandro (an 8 million pound rated DM from Spurs') and I start looking for another striker and maybe another midfielder. Like **** that happened. Both Spurs and Man U are receptive to a loan deal and they don't want me to pay wages but for Sandro and Smalling I'd be looking at 2.5 million pounds in loan fees. Like ****! And I can't exactly sell a player to finance my loan deals as the whole point of me attempting to loan players is because I have no depth. That's a load of tosh and I highly doubt you'd pay that much in loan fees. Maybe for Sandro, who is experienced, but United would not try and rip you off if you could provide their young player with regular high level footie.

Hi guys,

I have a problem with v.11.1. I can't click on the result of a match (like 2-0)... i mean i click on it and nothing happens. It doesn't open the match overview screen. It's kinda annoying, and i haven't found a solution yet, despite googling hours. It does it only in one determined save game. Thanks for any help or advice.

Problems with patch HELP!

Hi there

Sorry to change the subject but got big problems. Just got myself back into football manager, been a couple of years. brought myself football manager 2011 and when installed,decided to take the disc option (manually updating). when installed found they was the latest patch 11.3, so decided to install, all wetn well, seem to update no problem.

Went onto to play the game and im getting stuck just after all the adverts at the start, i just get a black screen with Please wait (waited for an hour but no different). Decided to un-install the game and install again, managed to play the game fine but without the patch being installed (really need it for the bug fixes and most importantly transfer updates!)

Also found when re-stalling that i dont get the option for steam( think its called that) when i get the game automatically updated

had a decent look through the site but found no real answers ( updated my directx, upped performnce on my laptop ect)

If anyone has an idea it will be greatly appreciated

Thank you