[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 597
  • Views Views 267K
Started off a season with Ajax and the 3rd version, going all good till I checked the thread again and by Jan there was version 5 so I got that. Anyway went unbeaten with 10 draws which is quite a lot? But still this tactic WORKS. You need to give it time, get the right players and let them gel. I also managed to reach the semi finals of the champions league, knocking out bayern along the way. Currently testing out v6 and it's going great, lost my first league game due to playing a weak team but I'm sat in second now.

Couple screenshots, one of first season table and first season fixtures.

View attachment 365693

View attachment 365694

its v.5 with just a bit of tweaking between the wingbacks and aml/r due to the quality of the wingbacks available to me not being up to scratch and the league im in. but the core is all the same. Its a fantastic formation and a fantastic tactic well done.

Oh awesome, if and when you get to the premier league give v6 a go, it's a slightly different take offensively whilst remaining solid at the back.

Started off a season with Ajax and the 3rd version, going all good till I checked the thread again and by Jan there was version 5 so I got that. Anyway went unbeaten with 10 draws which is quite a lot? But still this tactic WORKS. You need to give it time, get the right players and let them gel. I also managed to reach the semi finals of the champions league, knocking out bayern along the way. Currently testing out v6 and it's going great, lost my first league game due to playing a weak team but I'm sat in second now.

Couple screenshots, one of first season table and first season fixtures.

View attachment 365693

View attachment 365694

Oh yes, well Version 6, should stop the draws, but V5 and below I'm off the opinion that the ME uses a tactic to some how negate our offense but theres also. Since a few people have a had draw issues.

Oh yes, well Version 6, should stop the draws, but V5 and below I'm off the opinion that the ME uses a tactic to some how negate our offense but theres also. Since a few people have a had draw issues.

It's a great tactic mate and I love how you take criticism and change it and make it better, personally I didn't find the draws that bad as in I expected to draw them games, still didn't lose a game so it works!

Working great for me so far!
View attachment 365695View attachment 365697View attachment 365698

Now I know Celtic isn't exactly a hard team to manage given the quality of the other SPL clubs, but the start I've had is much better than I anticipated. The Champions League games have also gone well, beating Montpellier and being unlucky to only get a point vs Valencia and Arsenal. Hopefully I can keep this unbeaten run going for some time!

Last edited:
Oh awesome, if and when you get to the premier league give v6 a go, it's a slightly different take offensively whilst remaining solid at the back.

Probably give it a go next season. Im on the verge of signing a beast of a wbr been tracking him for a while should be eligle for a work permit after his next international so fingers crossed!!!

Probably give it a go next season. Im on the verge of signing a beast of a wbr been tracking him for a while should be eligle for a work permit after his next international so fingers crossed!!!

Got him !!! applied for a work permit 5 times on deadline day signed him on the last attempt !! I htink immigration must have got ****** off with me !

Got him !!! applied for a work permit 5 times on deadline day signed him on the last attempt !! I htink immigration must have got ****** off with me !

can we have a pic of him plz i have a fc utd save going im in the bsn at the mo

nope no upgrades to facilities cant afford too ive heard they dont usually get there own stadium till around championship/prem level. Upgraded the yth recruitment and junior coaching though. northern prem and blue sq north where easy finding blue sq a bit more of a challenge though.

holy **** nice how are you finding the save have you upgrade any thing seeing as its not your ground

nope no upgrades to facilities cant afford too ive heard they dont usually get there own stadium till around championship/prem level. Upgraded the yth recruitment and junior coaching though. northern prem and blue sq north where easy finding blue sq a bit more of a challenge though.
I didn't get a new stadium with FC Utd until the second season in Premier League. Managed to get Champions League football and sold a few players so balance was over £80m.

For facilities the board added Tranmere Rovers as an affiliated club who we shared training facilities from league two to prem

Lol looks like ive got a lot of work to do yet then !!! Im looking nailed on for league 2 next season so hopefully i can get some sort of deal going for the facillities. Thnx for the info!

Back