[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 597
  • Views Views 267K
yep didnt change all season! and thanks ovro should be fun!!

Sweet, I'd probably use v5 til you have a team capable of winning the championship, then v6 will definitely improve team flair. :)

Used Qetesh 4-3-2-1 and took Hednesford all the way from League 7 to the Premiership and survived, tried this literally the best tactic for my 3rd season in the premiership after coming 17th then 12th and lost my first 12 games and got sacked.

Not very good was V6

Used Qetesh 4-3-2-1 and took Hednesford all the way from League 7 to the Premiership and survived, tried this literally the best tactic for my 3rd season in the premiership after coming 17th then 12th and lost my first 12 games and got sacked.

Not very good was V6

Well, you obviously your player's were much more suited to the 4-3-2-1, baring in mind as stated for this tactic you need high workrate, teamwork and stamina throughout your entire team, not to mention wing backs capable of finishing and composure.

And judging by the fact that you lost all 12, which even the worst tactic isn't capable of achieving, could definitely point to flaws in A. Your team or B. Your management skills.

Either way, I'll take it on the chin, gather more results on v6, which is currently unbeaten in my own Napoli save, and work on a v7 if more people step up and say theres flaws.

Thanks for the feedback.

A great big hug and sloppy kiss to ovro!
This was my Quadruple winning 1st season with FC Bayern Munchen:)

View attachment 365841 View attachment 365842

View attachment 365844 View attachment 365846 View attachment 365847

Used version 5 all season until the Champions league final and German cup final when I used Fantastic Underdog/Away v.2.0.
Going to give Version 6 ago next season.
Thanks again Ovro, this is a BONZA tactic:)

Straight back at you dude!
Cheers for sticking by the tactic even when v3 and v4 sucked!

Any positive insight on the underdog/away version? I've only tested it over a period of 30 games.

And good effort on winning the quad. ;)

OH sheesh and the fact you went unbeaten is a right old bonus, in a league featuring Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, that's awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Started a save with Liverpool for this tactic, Fernando Torres was the only transfer I made. Started out really well, FT banged in 5 goals in the first match against QPR. Halfway through the season the form has dipped. Probably because of fatigue and alot of injuries. Hopefully our form will turn around since I should have most of my players back from injury soon. Will post an update with SS after the first season :)

Started a save with Liverpool for this tactic, Fernando Torres was the only transfer I made. Started out really well, FT banged in 5 goals in the first match against QPR. Halfway through the season the form has dipped. Probably because of fatigue and alot of injuries. Hopefully our form will turn around since I should have most of my players back from injury soon. Will post an update with SS after the first season :)

**** injuries, and yeah you'll need some nice squad depth with the tactic, it drains energy, due to the high, fast pressing.

Glad it's doing good for you! :)

Torres scored 5, holy ****... This tactic must be a success ;) haha

**** injuries, and yeah you'll need some nice squad depth with the tactic, it drains energy, due to the high, fast pressing.

Glad it's doing good for you! :)

Torres scored 5, holy ****... This tactic must be a success ;) haha

Most of my players got injured during those freaking international friendlies, I swear to God I hate them. Lost Pepe Reina for 8-9 months in september, and I have to use Gulasci and Jones :/

And Torres have something like 21 goals having played 18 games, same goes for Suarez. Signed Jari Litmanen for free now, 5 goals in 3 games, and a hattrick against Man City at Etihad :)

If you're struggling to find the WB's that are needed for this tactic do what I did and find defensive wingers and train them to be WB's. I've also even found some DMC's that I was able to train to be WB's.

Will probably load a game up tomorrow as Arsenal. I don't like to make too many transfers so was thinking something like:

GK: Szczesny
SW: Vermaelen
DCR: New signing
DCL: Koscilny
WBR: Sagna
WBL: Gibbs
MCR: Arteta
MCL: New signing (Wanyama?)
AMR: Wilshere (retrained)
AML: Cazorla
STC: New signing/Giroud

If you're struggling to find the WB's that are needed for this tactic do what I did and find defensive wingers and train them to be WB's. I've also even found some DMC's that I was able to train to be WB's.

Great thinking, and I actually did this myself with Pedro Obiang and Illarramendi.

EDIT: Sweet, can't wait.

Having some problems with the 6.0 atm.
I don't have a very strong team, and I have just gone with it for about 15 matches (changed from 2.0 mid season) (got 100% fluid in about 3 matches since changes in the tactic isn't massive)

But what I've seen is that a VERY big % of my chances comes from long shots. Don't know if this is intended, due to squad or due to not cohesive enough. Have seen some strange losses lately and the wins isn't convincing at all, very few good goalscoring opportunists.

Just wanted to get it out here, not sure it's a tactical problem yet. But will try to get the instructions down on the long shots in the tactic and report back if i see improvement. It's the striker in particular who does a lot of long shots.

Some team info
Team Southampton in 2nd season. Are 6th in league (2nd -7th position is very tight atm and are in mid feb)
GK: Ospina (fairly good keeper, theres definitely better out there)
SW: Forren / Jose Fonte
DC: Yoshida
DC: Very good regen 22 year old
WBR: Very very good regen, 26 year old
WBL: Luke Shaw
CM: Shinderlin / Crigliano
CM: Ward-Prowse / Cork
AMR: Ramirez
AML: Caprari (not really optimal for this tactic at all i guess)
STC: Jay Rodruigez

I have some positions that needs upgrading, DC/SW might be the most important here. But AML isn't optimal. Central midfield isn't to strong, but seems to do very good either way, pretty decent stats on the important bits for the tactic.
Jay Rodriguez doesn't really fit the model for this tactic very good, but he has scored 2nd most in PL with a big portion of matches out injured. So i don't see it as top priority to replace him.

Last edited:
Having some problems with the 6.0 atm.
I don't have a very strong team, and I have just gone with it for about 15 matches (changed from 2.0 mid season) (got 100% fluid in about 3 matches since changes in the tactic isn't massive)

But what I've seen is that a VERY big % of my chances comes from long shots. Don't know if this is intended, due to squad or due to not cohesive enough. Have seen some strange losses lately and the wins isn't convincing at all, very few good goalscoring opportunists.

Just wanted to get it out here, not sure it's a tactical problem yet. But will try to get the instructions down on the long shots in the tactic and report back if i see improvement. It's the striker in particular who does a lot of long shots.

Some team info
Team Southampton in 2nd season. Are 6th in league (2nd -7th position is very tight atm and are in mid feb)
GK: Ospina (fairly good keeper, theres definitely better out there)
SW: Forren / Jose Fonte
DC: Yoshida
DC: Very good regen 22 year old
WBR: Very very good regen, 26 year old
WBL: Luke Shaw
CM: Shinderlin / Crigliano
CM: Ward-Prowse / Cork
AMR: Ramirez
AML: Caprari (not really optimal for this tactic at all i guess)
STC: Jay Rodruigez

I have some positions that needs upgrading, DC/SW might be the most important here. But AML isn't optimal. Central midfield isn't to strong, but seems to do very good either way, pretty decent stats on the important bits for the tactic.
Jay Rodriguez doesn't really fit the model for this tactic very good, but he has scored 2nd most in PL with a big portion of matches out injured. So i don't see it as top priority to replace him.

It's most likely like you said, not a 'strong' enough team, there is an underdog tactic, but it is very much a work in progress, and I probably wouldn't hugely recommend it yet.

Getting a target man up front and two playmakers left and right is vital to this tactic, and to be honest could also be the reason for the lack of goal scoring opportunities.

However, I'll take note and if more issues arise I'll looking into the cause with a fresh save.

It's most likely like you said, not a 'strong' enough team, there is an underdog tactic, but it is very much a work in progress, and I probably wouldn't hugely recommend it yet.

Getting a target man up front and two playmakers left and right is vital to this tactic, and to be honest could also be the reason for the lack of goal scoring opportunities.

However, I'll take note and if more issues arise I'll looking into the cause with a fresh save.

Yep, I can see that a not to strong Target man can lead to problems creating goalscoring opportunities since it might break the hole build up. It "feels wrong" to replace the probable winner or runner up for the top goalscorer in PL.

Will try with instructions to avoid longshots untill I can try to get a good target player next window.
Any sugestions?
Benteke is still at Villa, but his valuation of 12.5m might hit hard to get for my Sunderland side if I want to get more than one player in that window

Yep, I can see that a not to strong Target man can lead to problems creating goalscoring opportunities since it might break the hole build up. It "feels wrong" to replace the probable winner or runner up for the top goalscorer in PL.

Will try with instructions to avoid longshots untill I can try to get a good target player next window.
Any sugestions?
Benteke is still at Villa, but his valuation of 12.5m might hit hard to get for my Sunderland side if I want to get more than one player in that window

Try Jelle Vossen at 4m? :)

Also, turn down both BWM long shots to rarely in player instructuions.

Try Jelle Vossen at 4m? :)

Also, turn down both BWM long shots to rarely in player instructuions.

Vossen has impressive Mental stats! Pretty bad heading/jumping, but might be able to make impact.

Other from that, played a few matches with low long shots instructions. Pretty much makes me have few chances even though its a fair guess that at least some of those "old long shots" no converts to better chances instead. might be to few matches for a fair judgment so far though

Will prioritize new AML and Target Man in summer windows to see if it gets better

Vossen has impressive Mental stats! Pretty bad heading/jumping, but might be able to make impact.

Other from that, played a few matches with low long shots instructions. Pretty much makes me have few chances even though its a fair guess that at least some of those "old long shots" no converts to better chances instead. might be to few matches for a fair judgment so far though

Will prioritize new AML and Target Man in summer windows to see if it gets better

Yeah alright, if it still isn't working, Try v2, that never had many faults, and I'll look at fixing v6. But I think it could be the fact you got the wrong players. :P

Yeah alright, if it still isn't working, Try v2, that never had many faults, and I'll look at fixing v6. But I think it could be the fact you got the wrong players. :P

Yep, ill go back to v2 Worked fairly good in the first half of the season. More chances and more convincing wins against teams i "should beat". Will try both v2 and v6 again next season.

One more thing. Have a strange behavior with my AMR/AML swaping positions (not just on the field, but in the actual tactic) from "team selection" to the match, sometimes during the match (think it happens when other substitutions are made). Seen it before and know how to fix?
happens in both v2 and v6 for me

Back