Which version is the best one? Also I seen two where the DLP is on defend and support, which should it be?

currently using your tactic in the north skrill league with Colwyn Bay....not very success with the team as it gave me with mix result. currently we are in the mid table of the league....an advice...???

Hi Andrichbrand! I have some questions about your orginal tactic, What kind of players do u use in the bwm and dlp roles? should the bwm be more attacking and how important is the defending attributes for the dlp? :)
And the final question, the deep lying forward, whats the most important attributes for his role in your experience, as it is hard to find very good ones?
I ask only to get the maximum out of the tactic! I got the cl final with FC Copenhagen in season 2, got chrushed there but still it is a super tactic :)

Hi Andrichbrand! I have some questions about your orginal tactic, What kind of players do u use in the bwm and dlp roles? should the bwm be more attacking and how important is the defending attributes for the dlp? :)
And the final question, the deep lying forward, whats the most important attributes for his role in your experience, as it is hard to find very good ones?
I ask only to get the maximum out of the tactic! I got the cl final with FC Copenhagen in season 2, got chrushed there but still it is a super tactic :)
DLF - I am look for a AF with good heading
BWM - just a normal bwm that can play dm
DLP - Because his a dm, I am looking for a dpl with tackling

Finished my first season with Colwyn Bay (Semi-pro club) in the Skrill North League. Finish 7th Media prediction were 16th. Dip in form in the middle of the season but managed to get better coming to the end of season with record 6 straight win. Great tactic just need to find better player for my second season. Hopefully can gain promotion with a strict budget.

Finished my first season with Colwyn Bay (Semi-pro club) in the Skrill North League. Finish 7th Media prediction were 16th. Dip in form in the middle of the season but managed to get better coming to the end of season with record 6 straight win. Great tactic just need to find better player for my second season. Hopefully can gain promotion with a strict budget.
Great results mate. Thanks for the support and the update. This is a nice tactic to build a squad around.

Hi

what king of wingers i have to use ? left footed on the left , right on right ,
because my left winger has always best rating ,

Did not get it working with Fiorentina, get sacked after 14 matches , i stood on place 12 in the serie A. seems like a great tactic according to the screens with good explanation. Will try it again some time. Althoug 4-4-2 just does not cut it any more sinds 14.3 , tried it a few times and every time a 4-4-2 tactic failed.

Last edited:
Hi, for this tactics. Do we need to set any individual training or ask Assistant to set player focus?

One of the best tactics i have used.. But is there any way it would work with cm's instead of cdm's? Hate that i have to bench my best midfielder.... and also could you upload a pic of your main scoring striker?

Finished my second season with Colwyn Bay....have a very bad start....6 straight defeats....15 games without a win...and start to have a doubt with the tactic...but i keep my faith with the tactic with some encouraging team meetings....and then we start winning and eventually we got to the playoff and finished 3rd..!!! with form running high we win the play off and got promoted to Srill Primier..!!!

Used 'the man utd way' over the course of last season, invested in players to start using 'back to basics', nearly half way through season with mixed results, so started switching between the two, had success with this but 'the man utd way' is definitely the better tactic IMO. Shame that one isn't getting more attention here. I'll post it on the tactic league thread and see what happens.

I was over performing following promotion with 'The Man UTD Way', but by October competition sussed me out (as always), switched to 'Back To Basics' and BOOM! Shot right up the table to 3rd in 3 months!! (Irony is i don't want another successive promotion because my squad & stature needs a bit of stability!!)

Beginning to think alternating these two tactics is the secret to sustained success in FM14. If you get 2 players that are both comfortable playing CM+DM your onto a winner.

Is this tactic use some corner glitch? Because Pique scored 8 goals in 17 games and Bartra 3 in 8games.